Why would I buy Xbox One when GTA V is only coming to the 360?

#1AncientAstroPosted 6/1/2013 12:04:18 PM
GTA V is going to be HUGE. I will be playing it online for years to come much like I did for GTA IV. So tell me why I would purchase a new Xbox console that is not backwards compatible? I would be firing up my X360 20 times more just to play GTA V.
#2Gamegeek_7Posted 6/1/2013 12:07:23 PM
Is GTAV the ONLY game you plan on playing for the next few years?
---
Gamertag: DunadainWolf
#3CyborgTwentyPosted 6/1/2013 12:09:14 PM
Gamegeek_7 posted...
Is GTAV the ONLY game you plan on playing for the next few years?

Going by the amount of content in GTAV, yes.
---
PS4 and Wii U are focused on games, Xbox One is focused on your wallet.
#4jrb363Posted 6/1/2013 12:09:37 PM
AncientAstro posted...
GTA V is going to be HUGE. I will be playing it online for years to come much like I did for GTA IV. So tell me why I would purchase a new Xbox console that is not backwards compatible? I would be firing up my X360 20 times more just to play GTA V.

Excellent point. A lot of huge games are coming out in the next year. Sure they're also coming to the One and PS4 but most of your friends will be online with the current gen for at least a year after next gen systems hit. Games to look forward to: Destiny, GTA V, Assassins Creed IV, etc.
---
I fundamentally believe that the initial market that we need to make sure we appeal to with any new platform... is really the gaming audience. - Kaz Hirai
#5GeneralCortezPosted 6/1/2013 12:10:16 PM
Actually, TC is right. With big games like that coming out for the 360, Xbox One has to compete with its daddy
---
"Er kann mich am Arsche lecken!"-Goetz von Berlichingen
[Papal Crusaders]
#6CyborgTwentyPosted 6/1/2013 12:11:32 PM
What are we going to bet that the 360 will easily outsell the One for many months?
---
#7dancing_cactuarPosted 6/1/2013 12:15:34 PM
While I'm in no way defending the Xbox One here, you could say similar things about the current PS4 lineup: Watch Dogs, Wolfenstein, Assassin's Creed IV, and COD Ghosts are all coming out for PS3 as well.
---
I kinda like to imagine that all Voice-Actors are reality-jumping individuals basically stuck in a Quantum Leap situation.
#8AncientAstro(Topic Creator)Posted 6/1/2013 12:19:29 PM
I'm just saying Microsoft should have made the One backwards compatible if not for GTA V alone. Yes, it's going to be that big of a game. Also, yes, I will be playing GTA V religiously for the next few years. After I finish the main campaign there will be plenty of fun to be had online with it. Rockstar also intends to support it with DLC.
#9Razor2602Posted 6/1/2013 12:22:21 PM
AncientAstro posted...
I'm just saying Microsoft should have made the One backwards compatible if not for GTA V alone. Yes, it's going to be that big of a game. Also, yes, I will be playing GTA V religiously for the next few years. After I finish the main campaign there will be plenty of fun to be had online with it. Rockstar also intends to support it with DLC.

The fact theres 3 characters too whew, i feel the same way i have no need for next gen ill be playing The last of us, Beyond two souls, GTA5 and Batman arkham origins for a while to come with MGS ground zeroes too
#10CyborgTwentyPosted 6/1/2013 12:26:19 PM
GTAV will sell tons of 360s.
---