did you find xbox live gold to be worth it?

#1Orange_ApplesPosted 6/2/2013 9:45:23 AM
did the services offered justify the price? - Results (139 votes)
yes
26.62% (37 votes)
no
73.38% (102 votes)
This poll is now closed.
The timed exclusive content, the community, the server quality: in the long run, was it worth it?

do you see yourself Continuing your subscription if you get an xb1 or have you already cancelled your subscription?
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#2BilliePilgrimPosted 6/2/2013 9:51:47 AM
Server quality and community are jokes, right?
---
i5 2500k @ 4.2| Corsair H60 | EVGA GTX 670 | MSI P67A-GD55 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | Fractal Design Define XL | 750W PSU
http://tinyurl.com/bsdvav7
#3rajin_donutsPosted 6/2/2013 9:53:22 AM
I thought it was worth the price. It certainly did not have the catastrophic issues the PS3 experienced with being hacked and being offline. If I would get the new Xbox I would continue my subscription with MS.
#4jaytheultimatePosted 6/2/2013 9:57:47 AM
If it wasn't needed for playing online or party chat then i wouldn't bother with it. I play long enough that i get my moneys worth out of it though so i am not that worried about it.
---
(X) Northwind Supra - Console and PC gamer
_________Zoom________"O=o.
#5Noke0Posted 6/2/2013 10:02:13 AM
The only thing worth the price was the stability for online FPS. If you buy this system merely for online FPS multiplayer, well that is sad and you need to go with a different system.

One that is free or one that doesn't drown you in paying for live and then paying for more extra features.
---
Nintendo ID - oBluEx ; GT: oBluEx
Currently Playing: Many PC, PS 1-2, Xbox, Nintendo and various handheld games.
#6IzecPosted 6/2/2013 10:04:38 AM
Not really. XBL Gold was inferior to PS Plus by the end.

XBL charges you for basic multiplayer capabilities. PSN has multiplayer in the free package so for the paid package they were able to focus on features that are actually worth money.
---
No Text
#7Noke0Posted 6/2/2013 10:09:22 AM
Izec posted...
Not really. XBL Gold was inferior to PS Plus by the end.

XBL charges you for basic multiplayer capabilities. PSN has multiplayer in the free package so for the paid package they were able to focus on features that are actually worth money.

Agreed. It was crap. The only thing they had going for them was the stability of their online play, but you had to pay for it. At least on PSN you can play and with no lag. I've heard from a lot of PS3 owners that online will lag. Even if you have a connection speed of 25mb-50mb .

PS3 and PC should be the only means of playing Online. As well with the PS4 if they make their online free.

You should only buy an Xbox for it's exclusives now, but I barely see anyone doing that with what they've done to themselves. Same for the Wii U and PS4. Those systems should only be bought for their exclusives.

It's easy to say we can laugh at anyone who purchases the X1 and only buy multi-platform games. That is the saddest part.
---
Nintendo ID - oBluEx ; GT: oBluEx
Currently Playing: Many PC, PS 1-2, Xbox, Nintendo and various handheld games.
#8knightimexPosted 6/2/2013 10:10:05 AM
I only payed for gold for mp
---
Old School Style Games FTW!
XBL, PSN, NNID: KnightimeX
#9BDJaycePosted 6/2/2013 10:11:07 AM
Some games had fun multiplayer so maybe but since most of those games were also for the Playstation 3.. probably not.
---
GT: JamesBolton0723
#10thefinalzapkeetPosted 6/2/2013 10:15:17 AM
definitely

it was cheap, and live just felt faster and more reliable than PSN. I would download a 2 gb download in like half an hour for the 360, and like 2 hours on the PS3 using the exact same connection. Why? I don't know

also i didn't have to worry about my 360 being hacked
---
Go the Distance is the most inspirational song ever
those that agree: 45