Wait... the Xbone won't even work with Dish Network or Directv?

#1scott0728Posted 6/4/2013 12:07:31 PM
The few cool, albeit unnecessary, features like controlling your TV viewing won't even work if you're a Dish Network or Directv subscriber?

That's over 34 million households in the US! LOL

I've had satellite for a long time, and watch 90+% of all content on my DVR. Am I to understand that I wouldn't be able to play, pause, forward, or even select a program without using my remote control (which makes the Xbone useless while watching TV)?

I had a glimmer of hope that if the used game and privacy issues were resolved, I would still get a Xbone.
#2SilentS89Posted 6/4/2013 12:09:03 PM
scott0728 posted...
I had a glimmer of hope that if the used game and privacy issues were resolved, I would still get a Xbone.

*sigh* I know how you feel...

Even if we stripped the negative issues, the Xbone still doesn't do what I want it to do.
#3splodeymissilePosted 6/4/2013 12:10:10 PM
I dont really get why they have this feature in the first place.
---
Baldrick, who gave you permission to turn into an Alsatian?
#4BoBEasyCompanyPosted 6/4/2013 12:34:28 PM
Ok, troll, where did you get this? Xbone WILL work with dish. Dish even has a feature of Xbox One on there website. Same thing with directtv. Stop trolling...
---
GT:Flagless
#5Jstretch19Posted 6/4/2013 12:43:17 PM
BoBEasyCompany posted...
Ok, troll, where did you get this? Xbone WILL work with dish. Dish even has a feature of Xbox One on there website. Same thing with directtv. Stop trolling...

Calling someone else a troll for not citing a source then proceeding to not cite their own source. Sounds about right.
#6scott0728(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2013 2:34:43 PM
Absolutely not trolling... but I could be wrong. Initially i saw a Directv post: "We don't have plans to make DIRECTV accessible to Xbox, however, we've forwarded your suggestion up and will be sure to let you know if this changes. Thanks - Ana."

But then I saw a video showing what appears to be the Xbone changing "live" Directv channels. Someone else said it will not allow DVR control, which is about all anyone does with TV anymore.

If it will allow me to say "Play Mythbusters on DVR" or something similar, and pause, FF, REW... great.

And a search of "Xbox One" on the Dish Network page yields "no results".

As I said, I hope I'm wrong, and it will allow me to throw away my satellite remote. Show me a link that says I'll be able to do that. If so, and they fix the used games and privacy issues, fantastic.
#7zmousePosted 6/4/2013 3:31:48 PM
Well comcast gave me an ancient box with no hdmi out so not gonna work for me either.(But I have to pay the sobs a $10 hd tech fee just to get channels that actually fit my tv)