A PS3 fanboy toying with the idea of going with Microsoft...

#1nurnbergPosted 6/5/2013 6:21:20 PM
I am a PS3 fanboy toying with the idea of going with Microsoft next-gen. I am willing to try something new. I have never played Halo but the series seems fun. I think the deciding factor will be whether the online is free or not. If the online requires to pay each year, while the PS4 is free, this will be a major dealbreaker. I am open to everything right now, and so far, the consoles didn't show enough stuff to make my choice. Please comment if you want.
---
Official Gamefaqs thread killer
#2kevin1dPosted 6/5/2013 6:22:19 PM
That was my deciding factor last gen I was sooo close to getting a xbox 360 but the online fee stopped me
---
objective
#3WindMouseHanpanPosted 6/5/2013 6:22:25 PM
Turn back! You still have a chance!
---
Made a new channel, come see my let's plays if you want~!
http://www.youtube.com/user/themorphingfennecfox
#4Genericgamer667Posted 6/5/2013 6:22:56 PM
this is the worst possible time to go ms
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666 on Kid Icarus Uprising
#5JusticeSwordPosted 6/5/2013 6:24:36 PM
WindMouseHanpan posted...
Turn back! You still have a chance!

Listen to the blue mouse he speaks the truth!

Oh & wait for E3, oh an if I were you id just play halo in a friends house, its pretty good, but not a good enough prospect to get the X1
---
PSN:TheDragonzord
>_> Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles HD remix please
#6Lerry757Posted 6/5/2013 6:24:49 PM
Genericgamer667 posted...

---
Party like it's $19.99!
#7reptyle101Posted 6/5/2013 6:27:43 PM
There's no word on a free service yet I don't think and XBone requires having online to work. At this point I doubt anything besides maybe the store can be used without a subscription fee.

PS4 does not require online and has been stated to have some online features available without subscription but they will be limited (no word on how limited yet).
---
Chase the morning
Yield for nothing
#8facetioussagePosted 6/5/2013 6:29:02 PM
nurnberg posted...
I am a PS3 fanboy toying with the idea of going with Microsoft next-gen. I am willing to try something new. I have never played Halo but the series seems fun. I think the deciding factor will be whether the online is free or not. If the online requires to pay each year, while the PS4 is free, this will be a major dealbreaker. I am open to everything right now, and so far, the consoles didn't show enough stuff to make my choice. Please comment if you want.

At this time, I would not recommend a purchase of the new console. You can check out these boards for some reasons why, as the scope of the problems are wide.

If you feel that none of them affect or concern you, then I suppose you can switch over without worries.

If some of the issues being brought up are of concern to you, I think you can still get a 360 and enjoy it's library of games right now. XBL is still going...but to play Multiplayer, you will have to get a Gold Subscription. If that's a balking point, then the 360 isn't really for you.

Another option is if you have a friend with a 360. Perhaps you can try out Halo or something on his console.

As for the X1 or the PS4, I encourage you to collect the information available about both and make your decision based upon what will best serve your gaming cravings at the least amount of inconvenience for you.
---
I don't hate you. I wouldn't push you into the path of a moving train. I just don't like you; so I wouldn't pull you out of the way, either.
#9kevin1dPosted 6/5/2013 6:32:44 PM
facetioussage posted...
nurnberg posted...

At this time, I would not recommend a purchase of the new console. You can check out these boards for some reasons why, as the scope of the problems are wide.

If you feel that none of them affect or concern you, then I suppose you can switch over without worries.

If some of the issues being brought up are of concern to you, I think you can still get a 360 and enjoy it's library of games right now. XBL is still going...but to play Multiplayer, you will have to get a Gold Subscription. If that's a balking point, then the 360 isn't really for you.

Another option is if you have a friend with a 360. Perhaps you can try out Halo or something on his console.

As for the X1 or the PS4, I encourage you to collect the information available about both and make your decision based upon what will best serve your gaming cravings at the least amount of inconvenience for you.

See this is why I like your post informative no hate
---
objective
#10Hierarchy225Posted 6/5/2013 6:33:49 PM
Genericgamer667 posted...

Like the worst. But if you wanna be disappointed go ahead.