XBOX ONE will enable gamers to lend and sell games.

#11uptown710Posted 6/6/2013 4:30:36 PM
bob15x posted...
Captain_NES posted...
YES! Right Microsoft was forced to design such a function because...and I quote

"We designed Xbox One so game publishers can enable you to trade in your games at participating retailers. Microsoft does not charge a platform fee to retailers, publishers, or consumers for enabling transfer of these games.”

Really sad that I am not the target demographic on this ONE but hey...COD has a dog now...

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/06/06/microsoft-details-xbox-one-used-games-always-online

Looks like all the trolls made wrong assumptions about used game fees and not being able to play used games.

Bob I'm convinced now. You're either a fanboy or blind.

Once I can't lend games to friends, it's over. The net connection deal seals it. The US is nowhere near completely being net connected. So requiring your machine to need it is a big eff you from MS to its consumers. But obviously you couldn't care if the set your kids on fire.
#12BadreviewPosted 6/6/2013 4:30:54 PM
bob15x posted...
Captain_NES posted...

"We designed Xbox One so game publishers can enable you to trade in your games at participating retailers. Microsoft does not charge a platform fee to retailers, publishers, or consumers for enabling transfer of these games.”

Really sad that I am not the target demographic on this ONE but hey...COD has a dog now...

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/06/06/microsoft-details-xbox-one-used-games-always-online

Looks like all the trolls made wrong assumptions about used game fees and not being able to play used games.

You can only LENT IT OUT TO ONCE.
Still a HUGE ISSUE.

They also didn't specify how long they can play for.
#13RAZurrectedPosted 6/6/2013 4:31:43 PM
Captain_NES posted...

And lo

The Great Potentate of Xbox, Og the Clever doth decree
It works much better knowing games can flex to swappery
Benevolent are our overlords, as this functions all inclusive
They know you can't hold out indef, you'll buy for the exclusives
---
http://i376.photobucket.com/albums/oo204/RAZurrected/Dirt2montage.gif
Xbox 360 - Games without compromise, Visuals unsurpassed, Split-screen always
#14BadreviewPosted 6/6/2013 4:32:30 PM
bob15x posted...
Captain_NES posted...
Microsoft says "your friends and family, your guests and acquaintances get unlimited access to all of your games. Anyone can play your games on your console--regardless of whether you are logged in or their relationship to you." The company added that “Xbox One is designed so game publishers can enable you to give your disc-based games to your friends. There are no fees charged as part of these transfers. There are two requirements: you can only give them to people who have been on your friends list for at least 30 days and each game can only be given once.”

It's worth noting that Microsoft allows you to gift games to friends but they can't borrow them. Microsoft added that "loaning or renting games won’t be available at launch, but we are exploring the possibilities with our partners."

The loaning is interesting. So basically install on your hard drive, install on friends, when you loan to friend you get locked out on your console until loan is over.

They never said you there was a time limit and how long your friend can play the game.

YOU CAN ONLY LOAN IT OUT ONCE.
#15iColeBluePosted 6/6/2013 4:32:38 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#16PigfartsPosted 6/6/2013 4:33:15 PM
Captain_NES posted...
However, anyone can play games using your console. "Your friends and family, your guests and acquaintances get unlimited access to all of your games," Microsoft says. "Anyone can play your games on your console--regardless of whether you are logged in or their relationship to you."

OF COURSE THEY CAN BECAUSE THEY BE CHILLING AT MY CRIB!

But dude, anyone can play YOUR games on YOUR console. NEXT GEN BABY.

"Your friends and family, your guests and acquaintances get unlimited access to all of your games"

As if they didn't before.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#17Captain_NES(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2013 4:35:20 PM
Players will also control whether Kinect is on, off or paused. "If you don’t want the Kinect sensor on while playing games or enjoying your entertainment, you can pause Kinect. To turn off your Xbox One, just say 'Xbox Off.' When the system is off, it’s only listening for the single voice command -- 'Xbox On,' and you can even turn that feature off too. Some apps and games may require Kinect functionality to operate, so you’ll need to turn it back on for these experiences."

so where is it explained that I can turn the Kinect off while still having my console on because so far what I am getting is Kinect sensor is puased or XBOX OFF....but how can I stop the kinect from always listening...
---
I came, I saw, I pressed reset and tried again!
#18BeastLeeAdamsPosted 6/6/2013 4:35:32 PM
uptown710 posted...
bob15x posted...
Captain_NES posted...

Once I can't lend games to friends, it's over. The net connection deal seals it. The US is nowhere near completely being net connected. So requiring your machine to need it is a big eff you from MS to its consumers. But obviously you couldn't care if the set your kids on fire.

Actually this says you can if you are a family member, but they did not explain how you can be a family member:

"Xbox One will also allow you to give up to 10 family members access to "log in and play from your shared games library on any Xbox One." Similar to Xbox 360, "a family member can play your copy of Forza Motorsport at a friend’s house. Only now, they will see not just Forza, but all of your shared games. You can always play your games, and any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time."
---
"Go die. Everyone should go die.
Brb. Dying." - NashtheLion
#19BadreviewPosted 6/6/2013 4:38:24 PM
BeastLeeAdams posted...
uptown710 posted...
bob15x posted...
Captain_NES posted...

Actually this says you can if you are a family member, but they did not explain how you can be a family member:

"Xbox One will also allow you to give up to 10 family members access to "log in and play from your shared games library on any Xbox One." Similar to Xbox 360, "a family member can play your copy of Forza Motorsport at a friend’s house. Only now, they will see not just Forza, but all of your shared games. You can always play your games, and any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time."

on the same CONSOLE.
#20BadreviewPosted 6/6/2013 4:39:43 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]