"Participating retailers" means Microsoft sets the trade-in prices

#11Jstretch19Posted 6/6/2013 8:15:41 PM
UnknownToaster posted...
It is an equally baseless assumption that they won't be.

Yes, but burden of proof falls on the person making the claim that they will be. This goes for the baseless rumors spread by the Xbone haters too mind you. I just find hypocrisy funny.
#12kdiz4321Posted 6/6/2013 8:16:40 PM
Chunker_Butt posted...
BudWisenheimer posted...
Meaning we might have to actually hold game reviewers to a standard? Ugh.

Or you could just borrow the game off your friend before you buy it.

Wait...

What's that...?!

Oh yeah. M$ totally screwed us all in that respect too.

Besides, who's going to be the unlucky one to have to buy the game in the first place.
---
I am not an early adopter. If your system is as awesome as you say it is, it will still be in stores when the games I want are out.
#13JobocanPosted 6/6/2013 8:18:02 PM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
Amazon and Ebay might be on the list for all we know.

"Participating retailers"

Ebay isn't a retailer.

Amazon is possibly fair-game... but very doubtful since used games would be on the marketplace, which isn't the retailer selling the games.
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My Collection
#14ElPolloDiablo87Posted 6/6/2013 8:18:29 PM
Jstretch19 posted...
UnknownToaster posted...

Yes, but burden of proof falls on the person making the claim that they will be. This goes for the baseless rumors spread by the Xbone haters too mind you. I just find hypocrisy funny.

There is no burden of proof when I posted that it was speculation. I never tried to pass it off as fact; I made it abundantly clear that it was not confirmed when I said "Amazon and Ebay might be on the list for all we know"
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#15UnknownToasterPosted 6/6/2013 8:19:35 PM
Jstretch19 posted...
UnknownToaster posted...

No proof for any statement is required. you cannot go aorund saying "Ebaya nd Amazon won't be approved" without proof syaing such..

Welcome to the internet. you cannot make proclamations of such and expect to be believed without proof. The real would actually works this way too.
---
LETS GO HEAT!
"You can't dare me to do anything that I don't want to do."
#16Jstretch19Posted 6/6/2013 8:30:36 PM
UnknownToaster posted...
No proof for any statement is required. you cannot go aorund saying "Ebaya nd Amazon won't be approved" without proof syaing such..

Welcome to the internet. you cannot make proclamations of such and expect to be believed without proof. The real would actually works this way too.

Ah, but I made no such proclamation. My proclamation was that the Xbone supporters are now making baseless assumptions and speculation when a mere day ago they were the ones telling others not to do that very same thing.
#17Chunker_ButtPosted 6/6/2013 8:54:07 PM
kdiz4321 posted...
Chunker_Butt posted...
BudWisenheimer posted...
Meaning we might have to actually hold game reviewers to a standard? Ugh.

Or you could just borrow the game off your friend before you buy it.

Wait...

What's that...?!

Oh yeah. M$ totally screwed us all in that respect too.

Besides, who's going to be the unlucky one to have to buy the game in the first place.

There will always be idiots in this world.

I was just in my local EB Games (I think you Americans call it GameStop) and I asked the guy behind the counter how his Xbone pre-orders were going. He said "yeah not bad". I felt depressed. So many clueless people buying it for their kids, believing only what the sales people decide to tell them.

It's just like when the sales guy at EB Games suggested I no longer need an original Xbox because the X360 will play all my original Xbox games perfectly! Ha!!

I'm actually going to go into another EB Games store soon and pretend I know nothing about the Xbone, just so I can see what sort of pitch the sales guy gives me. It's probably in his his company's best interests if the thing fails, but I doubt the minions have had it pitched to them that way. They'll all be forced into upselling it, even though it's probably putting their very jobs in jeopardy.
---
"No one should take themselves so seriously" - Blink 182
"No matter where I roam, every single soul is a poem" - MF
#18Dr_KainPosted 6/6/2013 8:59:36 PM
I'll sell it to whomever I want for whatever price I decide.
---
GLaDOS 2012 - At least she admits the cake is a lie.
#19Chunker_ButtPosted 6/6/2013 9:13:41 PM(edited)
Dr_Kain posted...
I'll sell it to whomever I want for whatever price I decide.

Are you planning to do one profile per game and sell the profile?
---
"No one should take themselves so seriously" - Blink 182
"No matter where I roam, every single soul is a poem" - MF
#20Team_NinjaPosted 6/6/2013 9:19:48 PM
All I get is that participating retailers mean authorized retailers. Doesn't suggest MS setting any price. And if anything, it's the publisher's setting the price, because they've already posted on their official xbox.com website that they don't get any cut out of it.