"Participating retailers" means Microsoft sets the trade-in prices

#21geneticsftwPosted 6/6/2013 9:30:40 PM
nasumi posted...
I could possibly see Amazon, but Ebay, no way. That would be a huge undertaking.

I think that EA, Ubisoft, Activsion and so on will be most likely setting the prices. Those 3 have been been complaining about used games sales this whole previous generation.

---
Sweet
#22bubbas111Posted 6/6/2013 9:33:23 PM
What retailer are you selling your games back to that gives you $60. I have some games I want to sell back and would like to know.
---
gamertag-bubbas111
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=3265619
#23owyn_merrilinPosted 6/6/2013 9:35:02 PM
Chunker_Butt posted...
kdiz4321 posted...
Chunker_Butt posted...
BudWisenheimer posted...
Meaning we might have to actually hold game reviewers to a standard? Ugh.

Or you could just borrow the game off your friend before you buy it.

Wait...

What's that...?!

Oh yeah. M$ totally screwed us all in that respect too.

Besides, who's going to be the unlucky one to have to buy the game in the first place.

There will always be idiots in this world.

I was just in my local EB Games (I think you Americans call it GameStop) and I asked the guy behind the counter how his Xbone pre-orders were going. He said "yeah not bad". I felt depressed. So many clueless people buying it for their kids, believing only what the sales people decide to tell them.

It's just like when the sales guy at EB Games suggested I no longer need an original Xbox because the X360 will play all my original Xbox games perfectly! Ha!!

I'm actually going to go into another EB Games store soon and pretend I know nothing about the Xbone, just so I can see what sort of pitch the sales guy gives me. It's probably in his his company's best interests if the thing fails, but I doubt the minions have had it pitched to them that way. They'll all be forced into upselling it, even though it's probably putting their very jobs in jeopardy.

This is off topic, but EB Games and Gamestop were both originally American companies. Gamestop was formed after two other new and used game stores merged, while EB Games was one of the original American game stores. Gamestop bought out basically all of the competition, until nothing but EB was left. They then bought that out too, and decided what name the stores would have based on which was more common in a given country. So for example, in the US they went with gamestop, even though in my area I had never heard of a gamestop until shortly before they bought out EB.
#24Dr_KainPosted 6/6/2013 9:35:56 PM
Chunker_Butt posted...
Dr_Kain posted...
I'll sell it to whomever I want for whatever price I decide.

Are you planning to do one profile per game and sell the profile?

No, if I buy a game, it is my right to do with it as I please.
---
GLaDOS 2012 - At least she admits the cake is a lie.
#25Dr_KainPosted 6/6/2013 9:37:24 PM
bubbas111 posted...
What retailer are you selling your games back to that gives you $60. I have some games I want to sell back and would like to know.

Ebay. It depends how old the game is. I paid $90 for the RE6 Anthology, the game turned out to be one of the worst games I have ever played through, so I sold it on ebay a week later for $90 shipped.
---
GLaDOS 2012 - At least she admits the cake is a lie.
#26bubbas111Posted 6/6/2013 9:38:20 PM
Dr_Kain posted...
bubbas111 posted...

Ebay. It depends how old the game is. I paid $90 for the RE6 Anthology, the game turned out to be one of the worst games I have ever played through, so I sold it on ebay a week later for $90 shipped.

Solid. I need to start selling games on Ebay then.
---
gamertag-bubbas111
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=3265619
#27Chunker_ButtPosted 6/6/2013 9:40:28 PM
bubbas111 posted...
Dr_Kain posted...
bubbas111 posted...

Solid. I need to start selling games on Ebay then.

Yeah this is happening for sure. I've been watching copies of Injustice on Ebay and they're all selling for more than local retail prices!
---
"No one should take themselves so seriously" - Blink 182
"No matter where I roam, every single soul is a poem" - MF
#28Chunker_ButtPosted 6/6/2013 9:41:07 PM
Dr_Kain posted...
Chunker_Butt posted...
Dr_Kain posted...
I'll sell it to whomever I want for whatever price I decide.

Are you planning to do one profile per game and sell the profile?

No, if I buy a game, it is my right to do with it as I please.

So you're not talking about XBone games then?
---
"No one should take themselves so seriously" - Blink 182
"No matter where I roam, every single soul is a poem" - MF
#29AwayFromHerePosted 6/6/2013 9:47:45 PM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
They never said who the authorized resellers would be. Amazon and Ebay might be on the list for all we know.

How?

Neither of those companies have a 'home base.' If it's a sale between two private individuals, there is no way to 'reset' the activation.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#30chareyPosted 6/6/2013 10:14:50 PM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
They never said who the authorized resellers would be. Amazon and Ebay might be on the list for all we know.
Amazon might be able to but Ebay is impossible, it's users selling strait to users, Ebay doesn't even see the product no matter what system MS has set up for used games it's not going to be in the hands of users.
---
I won't have it! I'm not having anyone talk about me in
the past tense! ~Squall Leonhart