microsoft gives more voice to the haters

#1NeoAndurilPosted 6/6/2013 10:01:32 PM
Trading and selling of used games won't be available at launch. With the console already under-clocked and definite hardware issues, what this means is microsoft isn't going to let you do anything but watch tv at launch and play games that look roughly like second year 360 titles.

I know it's ridiculous but it seems they made some calculable errors when they designed their console.
#2pyrokinesis666Posted 6/6/2013 10:05:15 PM
since xbox live members as a whole spend more time watching the entertainments aspects of live than actually playing games. thats a big reason why they designed it the way they did.
---
live tag: XxPyRoKiNeTiCxX
#3NeoAnduril(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2013 10:07:07 PM
Forgot to mention, that means no gamefly, no trying before you buy, no nothing, for an unspecified amount of time. It could be months before you can even be allowed to play alongside your friends and family because kinect will lock the console if you haven't purchased the appropriate amount of licenses for your game.
#4Lard_in_TeaPosted 6/6/2013 10:08:55 PM
Even the little bit of leeway MS has given regarding used games is subject to change at their discretion. You just cannot trust them.
---
"Hey-hey! Tea! Can I have some too? With lotsa sugar and honey and... oh yeah, don't forget the lard!" - Palmer
Waiting for MGS:GZ (& MGO3)
#5pyrokinesis666Posted 6/6/2013 10:12:32 PM
since the used game aspect of xone is a software program inside the console( i hope ) once sales dont come close to their expectations, they will turn it off after awhile. i hope
---
live tag: XxPyRoKiNeTiCxX
#6facetioussagePosted 6/6/2013 10:21:42 PM
I'm an optimist.

Now that they have confirmed all of our concerns, we won't see nearly as many threads complaining of how people are "jumping to conclusions" or "spreading rumors".

I'm a pessimist.

Now we're gonna see an increase in topics about "If you are reading this, you are already online" or "get a job crybabies" or "This doesn't effect me, so all your points mean nothing" or "Used games are killing the industry anyway".

I'm a realist.

There is also a healthy backlog of "Wait for E3" topics percolating in the minds of the defenders which will also need to be released into the Forums until the day before the show.
---
I don't hate you. I wouldn't push you into the path of a moving train. I just don't like you; so I wouldn't pull you out of the way, either.
#7MarkaSparkaPosted 6/6/2013 10:33:17 PM
I'm still holding onto a hope that MS will see the backlash they are getting from their fans and decide to change their new policies. They are a business, if they realize that they are hurting their sales, they are bound to change. At least that's the straw of hope I'm grasping at. If they don't change things by release, I'm going to skip XB1, unfortunately.
---
I was once many things, but now I am only several.
#8Keven_KoopaPosted 6/6/2013 10:34:23 PM
Is there any evidence of this?
---
And Samus takes off the Zero Suit to reveal that Samus is indeed male, just looks female.
#9facetioussagePosted 6/6/2013 10:35:43 PM
Keven_Koopa posted...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/06/microsoft-details-xbox-one-used-games-always-online

That article is where Microsoft confirms numerous limitations and restrictions.
---
I don't hate you. I wouldn't push you into the path of a moving train. I just don't like you; so I wouldn't pull you out of the way, either.
#10Keven_KoopaPosted 6/6/2013 10:37:04 PM
facetioussage posted...
Keven_Koopa posted...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/06/microsoft-details-xbox-one-used-games-always-online

That article is where Microsoft confirms numerous limitations and restrictions.

Wow...that's...I mean...this is just....

Forget it. I'd purchase an iPlay before I'd even touch the Xbox NONE.
---
And Samus takes off the Zero Suit to reveal that Samus is indeed male, just looks female.