Can Microsoft ban someone from console if they break ToS?

#1Devilish_luckPosted 6/6/2013 9:52:53 PM
This is something to give serious consideration. Would Microsoft be able to ban you from your own console? What if I went on to the Xbox website and said something where I got a temp ban from the website. Do you think that would carry over to the console? They could put that in to the ToS, which when you agree too in the first place you are agreeing to any and all future changes as well. This kind of thing has happened before with EA, and since EA and Microsoft are BFF's now maybe they will follow suit. Since you have to check in at least once a day, and make sure you are in when the street lights go on, they have a perfect opportunity to make sure that you are well behaved, and never say terrible things about the xbox on a third party site as well.
#2AwayFromHerePosted 6/6/2013 9:54:30 PM
Better read that ToS.

Oh, and to people who say it won't stand up in court, Microsoft is in bed with the government, so there goes that.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#3AceviperPosted 6/6/2013 9:55:11 PM
XBox Live ToS gives Microsoft the power to take away any and all of your content for ANY reason
---
If gameshark wasn't invented... games wont be as popular anymore
-Someone
#4FoppePosted 6/6/2013 9:57:25 PM
In theory, yes.
In reality, they will probably only do it if they discover that you are a pirate.
But... you better read that TaCoS.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#5chareyPosted 6/6/2013 10:04:19 PM
Foppe posted...
In theory, yes.
In reality, they will probably only do it if they suspect that you are a pirate or your account is hacked or you get accused of offensive behavior.
But... you better read that TaCoS.
FIFY, also is it worth the risk? Do you want to risk your entire collection of next gen games hoping that nothing happens to your account? If you get the X1 you are betting that your will not get banned.
---
I won't have it! I'm not having anyone talk about me in
the past tense! ~Squall Leonhart
#6Devilish_luck(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2013 10:10:12 PM
I am not even worried about the pirating aspect of it. Just in general, they can shut down your xbox one and even the disc games you have will not be playable any longer. Sure they could cut my off from my 360 online stuff which is like 3 games that cost under 100 dollars. I would still be able to play all my other games though. Kind of scary letting anyone have that much power over you. Especially when starting out is going to be around 700 dollars for system and a few games