How many people are allowed to play Xbox One... in a home?

#1Jx1010Posted 6/6/2013 11:08:39 PM
I have been hearing something about a limit on
how many people can play or even watch one play
Because Kinect will scan and report the room's amount of people.

Can someone clarify if its true or not?
If so, how many?

If its true, is this legal?
I mean, movies can charge because they run a business
but a home... Really? Well, please clarify before I say a word
#2PS2 4 LifePosted 6/6/2013 11:19:37 PM
LOL! That's nonsense.

All profiles on your consoles will have access to everything on your console.

What they were talking about today was the family system. Where you can choose up to 10 people who will be your "family". Then, those people will be able to access any games you have downloaded on YOUR console and play them on THEIR console.

Most likely, they will have to be online while they do so and more then likely only 1 person can access this content at a time. Maybe 2 at a time at the most. It hasn't been fully explained yet.
---
Man, what happened to Aliens:Colonial Marines...Why GEARBOX!!! WHHHYYYY!!!!!
#3fleadog2Posted 6/6/2013 11:23:01 PM
PS2 4 Life posted...
LOL! That's nonsense.

What they were talking about today was the family system. Where you can choose up to 10 people who will be your "family". Then, those people will be able to access any games you have downloaded on YOUR console and play them on THEIR console.

Most likely, they will have to be online while they do so and more then likely only 1 person can access this content at a time. Maybe 2 at a time at the most. It hasn't been fully explained yet.

If this works out the way I understand it too this will be a really cool feature for my girlfriend and I with 2 xbox ones in the house. Sounds like it will work like Dish Networks Hopper.
---
GT: Chuckles21z
#4Jx1010(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2013 12:05:10 AM
PS2 4 Life posted...
LOL! That's nonsense.

Wait so is this like Netflix?
So its like a game rental instead?
#5AsuirPosted 6/7/2013 12:10:05 AM
There was a patent filed by MS stating that Kinect could be used to limit how many people are allowed to be in a room.

However, companies file patents all the time and there is no reason to think MS is thinking about implementing this.
---
Ftw!
#6pigboyPosted 6/7/2013 1:42:11 AM
Jx1010 posted...
I have been hearing something about a limit on
how many people can play or even watch one play
Because Kinect will scan and report the room's amount of people.

Can someone clarify if its true or not?
If so, how many?

If its true, is this legal?
I mean, movies can charge because they run a business
but a home... Really? Well, please clarify before I say a word

Fuxk the XBone One!

It is making a simple thing, like letting your family members to play a video game you own so freaking complicated that I don't think even a Microsoft employee would understand.
#7NeoAndurilPosted 6/7/2013 1:52:11 AM
F*** the XBone One!

It is making a simple thing, like letting your family members to play a video game you own so freaking complicated that I don't think even a Microsoft employee would understand.

Gonna fix this for you because the xbots will report you.