Likelyhood that Sony is doing the same...

#1MrZonePosted 6/8/2013 12:20:45 AM
....and decided to reverse course after seeing the storm Microsoft is going thru?

IMO, the probablty is high.

I'm pretty sure that this was was probably going to be an industry wide thing with the DRms, no rentals, second hand restrictions, etc. however, Microsoft decided to leak it before E3 allowing Sony to sit back, surgery the situation and make adjustments.
#2legendaryhero90Posted 6/8/2013 12:21:38 AM
its amazing if Sony can do all that in less than 2 weeks.
---
Currently playing: Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown, Castlevania Harmony of Despair, Dynasty Warriors Online(JP)
#3peephole303Posted 6/8/2013 12:22:15 AM
MrZone posted...
....and decided to reverse course after seeing the storm Microsoft is going thru?

IMO, the probablty is high.

I'm pretty sure that this was was probably going to be an industry wide thing with the DRms, no rentals, second hand restrictions, etc. however, Microsoft decided to leak it before E3 allowing Sony to sit back, surgery the situation and make adjustments.

Its more likely they didnt mention it at the reveal saw the backlash at what it would cause decided to reverse it got rid of the feature.

while at Microsoft they were like Meh sony will probably do it as well kept the feature in.

And Sony was laughing at how close of a call it was to destroying their next gen console
#4ScarzMurdaPosted 6/8/2013 12:22:41 AM
I hope they don't...it wouldn't be smart....
---
Family & Honor is Everything
#5wolfwingPosted 6/8/2013 12:23:11 AM
well at this moment especially as M$ is following bush's idea of staying the course no mattter what, sony could get alot of goo PR and sales just scrapping any ideas they had.
---
currently playing Mass effect 3/Diablo 3 and soon to be path of exile.
#6TheKnifeMonkeyPosted 6/8/2013 12:23:13 AM
That would be lovely. I would hope. Let the American video game system die for good.

If they want to attempt to infringe on our rights like every other big time American company, let them dig their own grave.
---
~SOCOM Legend~
#7TonyKojimaPosted 6/8/2013 12:23:34 AM
ScarzMurda posted...
I hope they don't...it wouldn't be smart....

Its already confirmed they won't.
---
Though the XBOX 360 is good in theory, it's hardware limitations say otherwise - Hideo Kojima
PSN - Guncrazy56
#8MrZone(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2013 12:23:37 AM
legendaryhero90 posted...
its amazing if Sony can do all that in less than 2 weeks.

If you forgot, PS3 was supposed to use single user keys for the BD disc at launch. When word was leaked, the gamers got pissed off and within a week Sony reversed course.
#9ssjmatthewPosted 6/8/2013 12:23:46 AM
I dunno, I mean I guess its possible.

But I can't see how people who are paid millions a year to do these types of things couldn't of possibly seen this outcome.

Hell, when I heard about it the first time I thought "Thats not a good idea", and im just a lowly school janitor.

You couldn't try to f*** up this badly and succeed, must be some real bright bulbs over at microsoft.
---
If a woman sleeps with 10 men she's a slut, but if a man does it..........
He's gay, definitely gay.
#10Orange_ApplesPosted 6/8/2013 12:25:12 AM
Ya know what, if Sony is planning on doing the same DRM restrictions if can wait it out 2 years then they won this gen.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.