Likelyhood that Sony is doing the same...

#11wolfwingPosted 6/8/2013 12:25:31 AM
Actually if I was sony and heard about M$ doing this and was thinking of it, I would have had this ready to be implemented, but the brains to wait and see the reception first, that way it's easier to add it if it is recieved well then to remove if it's recieved badly.
---
currently playing Mass effect 3/Diablo 3 and soon to be path of exile.
#12ScarzMurdaPosted 6/8/2013 12:25:45 AM
ssjmatthew posted...
I dunno, I mean I guess its possible.

But I can't see how people who are paid millions a year to do these types of things couldn't of possibly seen this outcome.

Hell, when I heard about it the first time I thought "Thats not a good idea", and im just a lowly school janitor.

You couldn't try to f*** up this badly and succeed, must be some real bright bulbs over at microsoft.

lol well said and so true
---
Family & Honor is Everything
#13JolteonPosted 6/8/2013 12:26:06 AM
Its already confirmed they won't.

No, it is not. It's confirmed that they are not using an identical DRM scheme, but it is NOT confirmed that they're not introducing one at all.
---
Is this finally a conundrum that CAN'T be solved by helicopter theft?
#14Allaster111Posted 6/8/2013 12:29:03 AM
Seeing that Sony was behind that rootkit crap some time ago and that they developed SecuROM, I'm pretty sure that they were already planning some Orwellian DRM scheme.

But Sony had already felt the sting of backlash from the rootkit fiasco and the heavy SecuROM crap implemented on Spore and Red Alert 3 (PC versions). So Sony wisely let MS brazenly expose their XBone to the world to observe the results.
#15PHOENIXZEROPosted 6/8/2013 1:16:41 AM(edited)
High but going about it in a different way.

That said, as already stated, Sony has a lot of experience with DRM backlash and Mark Cerny brought up last year that DRM isn't necessary with due to MP.
---
Band/Artist I've been listening to way too much: Fallon Bowman/Amphibious Assault.
https://soundcloud.com/fallonbowman