Ever since last gen, every game feels the same and boring to me. Am I alone?

#11NinjadoggiePosted 6/9/2013 8:41:55 AM
Optimal-Fitness posted...
Maybe CoD started it for me, IDK. But I can't seem to try anything new and enjoy it. There were only a couple games last gen that were at all interesting to me. Wii Sports with family, just because it was different. Brawl to a degree, Red Dead Redemption, and little bits and pieces of Bioshock.

GTA IV was horrible, tried Dead Space and didn't like it. Bought a ton of Wii games and old gen games I never played, and I was disappointed. Didn't really care for anything else on the PS3/360. Never bought a 3DS because I never saw the appeal.

I could just be very picky, or maybe I'm not playing the right games, but games have felt completely lackluster to me for a while now. However, I can still go back to old games and play them and enjoy them, just not for very long. I've already played them to death, and the lack of the element of surprise/genuine excitement keeps them from really being enjoyable.

Or maybe I enjoyed things before I went online and looked up YT vids on them, reviews, metacritic scores, etc...

Thoughts?

Try something else than over advertised AAAs.
Like, Witcher 2, Alpha Protocol, Alice Madbess Returns, those were some great games for me when i felt like you.
#12facetioussagePosted 6/9/2013 8:44:38 AM
Ninjadoggie posted...

Try something else than over advertised AAAs.
Like, Witcher 2, Alpha Protocol, Alice Madbess Returns, those were some great games for me when i felt like you.

I have Witcher 2 and Alpha Protocol. I balked at Madness Returns when I looked at it on Steam when I saw that it allowed for only one install. I've accidentally bought things with limitations I don't like, so I tend to check all the time now before I buy. I could get it for a Console, but since I'm really looking at moving away from Console gaming, it doesn't seem likely I'll get it.

It looks pretty cool and quirky. I like the art direction of it, based on the pictures I've seen.
---
I don't hate you. I wouldn't push you into the path of a moving train. I just don't like you; so I wouldn't pull you out of the way, either.
#13peephole303Posted 6/9/2013 8:44:59 AM
Journey felt just like call of duty to me. All of that shooting and such and running accorss the desert.

Why did thatgamecompany make Journey so much like call of duty!
#14Razor2602Posted 6/9/2013 8:59:29 AM
Tendonitis posted...
Here is Jim Sterling talking about what you are saying.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/7405-Damn-Fine-Coffee

He is talking about focus groups and is saying that everyone is trying to match the success of CoD by making their own CoD. However, everyone who wants something like CoD, already has CoD.

My god EA trashed that game