If better means more powerful, is the Xbox One better than the Wii U?

#1Bancario51Posted 6/9/2013 3:30:16 AM
Which system is better? - Results (48 votes)
Xbox One
33.33% (16 votes)
Wii U
66.67% (32 votes)
This poll is now closed.
As in better system
---
#XboxWon (not changing this till its truth)
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#2mcnichojPosted 6/9/2013 3:38:51 AM
Spec-wise, X1 without a doubt.
Less restrictive and bad? Wii U.

Granted last gen PS3 was the best spec-wise and the old Wii was less restrictive too.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner. | Level 50 in Gears Judgement Demo, yes this needed to be in my sig because a thread wasn't enough
#3RophlecktuinePosted 6/9/2013 3:43:01 AM
I will be getting the wiiu for a single game. Super smash brothers.

I will see how I feel about the xbox after e3, however, the intense negativity coming from all the ps3 owners here makes me want to buy one to spite them.
---
Checkout my platinum build demonstrations: http://www.youtube.com/user/thegameconomist
Gamertag: Dorick, Youtube: TheGameconomist
#4NeoBillbinePosted 6/9/2013 3:44:59 AM
Bancario51 posted...
As in better system

Spec wise the Xbone is more akin to a crappy pc.
---
i7-3930K, ASRock X79 Extreme6, NH-D14, 16GB G.Skill
Ripjaws DDR3, MSI GTX680, Crucial M4 128GB\64GB, 2TB Samsung F4, M-Audio192/KRK RP8G2 Corsair HX650, HAF XB
#5mcnichojPosted 6/9/2013 3:49:36 AM
NeoBillbine posted...
Bancario51 posted...
As in better system

Which is better for developers, so I don't see the problem.
---
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner. | Level 50 in Gears Judgement Demo, yes this needed to be in my sig because a thread wasn't enough
#6RophlecktuinePosted 6/9/2013 3:56:10 AM
bancario, there's no point to putting out these sort of polls, the xbox one board is filled with playstation and nintendo customers, you can look it up.
---
Checkout my platinum build demonstrations: http://www.youtube.com/user/thegameconomist
Gamertag: Dorick, Youtube: TheGameconomist
#7facetioussagePosted 6/9/2013 3:58:22 AM
Rophlecktuine posted...
bancario, there's no point to putting out these sort of polls, the xbox one board is filled with playstation and nintendo customers, you can look it up.

Really?

Rophlecktuine posted...
I will be getting the wiiu for a single game. Super smash brothers.

OH! There's one!

Has it occurred to you, Roph, that there might be other people, like yourself, who are not tethered to any single piece of hardware and may carry opinions about upcoming hardware?

Probably not. Every post of yours I've seen beats the whole "other console fanboy" drum.
---
I don't hate you. I wouldn't push you into the path of a moving train. I just don't like you; so I wouldn't pull you out of the way, either.
#8NeoBillbinePosted 6/9/2013 3:59:35 AM
mcnichoj posted...
NeoBillbine posted...
Bancario51 posted...
As in better system

Maybe you should remove your rose colored glasses. I doubt the (Xbone) being easier to develop for will amount to any significant advancement in visual fidelity or game play techniques. It will just be a repeat of this past gen just with a slight native resolution bump.
---
i7-3930K, ASRock X79 Extreme6, NH-D14, 16GB G.Skill
Ripjaws DDR3, MSI GTX680, Crucial M4 128GB\64GB, 2TB Samsung F4, M-Audio192/KRK RP8G2 Corsair HX650, HAF XB
#9mcnichojPosted 6/9/2013 4:02:44 AM
NeoBillbine posted...
mcnichoj posted...
NeoBillbine posted...
Bancario51 posted...
As in better system

Maybe you should remove your rose colored glasses. I doubt the (Xbone) being easier to develop for will amount to any significant advancement in visual fidelity or game play techniques. It will just be a repeat of this past gen just with a slight native resolution bump.
So it sounds like it will be easy to make X1 games, again I don't see the problem.
Maybe you should take your head out of your PC's vent.
---
#10Ghost-inZeShellPosted 6/9/2013 4:06:34 AM
More powerful =/= better

If "MOAR Power" did mean "better", then wouldn't moderate gaming PCs be better than all consoles?

In the 7th generation, the PS3 and 360 were about equally powerful.
Does that mean they are equally good?

In the 6th generation, the Gamecube was more powerful than the PS2.
Does that make the Gamecube better?

Short answer: Power isn't everything.

Long answer: Power is on factor to consider in a product made of many factors.
Better is suggestive, but based on price, policies, design, features, and ultimately, the gaming experience it provides. Power contributes to the former and the latter.

However, with the diminishing returns of MOAR POLYGONS, the experience you can get for you money is stacked less and less with the more and more money you spend.

16 bits to 32 bits is noticeably better.
600 polygons to 6,000 polygons is noticeably better.
But from 6,000 to 60,000 is less of an improvement, same for 60,000 to 600,000.
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-02NsAHbf80k/UTs8qNESQgI/AAAAAAAAAEw/2KpZoUD2pgg/w800-h800/1EDBL.jpg
---
Xbox One, Xbox-One, Xb-One, XbOne, Xbone, Xboned
it's evolution.