open your EYES.

#1reverence26Posted 6/9/2013 7:56:39 AM
http://kotaku.com/video-game-companies-arent-letting-us-do-anything-511789152
---
"and my enemies FALL before me"
#2wolfycookiePosted 6/9/2013 7:58:59 AM
My eyes are open! hence im not buying a XBONE. I will gladly splash out for a PS4 if it does not have 24hr drm checks.

I will even buy a Wii U just to stick it to MS
#3DarkD3stinyPosted 6/9/2013 7:59:17 AM
All the XBOne fans care about is halo.
---
SHUN THE XBOX ONE! http://www.xboxshun.com/ #XboxShun (Xbox 360 GT :- Boycott XBOne).
#4pblimp360Posted 6/9/2013 8:01:22 AM
A whole bunch of whining as usual.

I'd like to see, if even just for once, one of you post something where we can work around this DRM issue. Because it's coming. Much like all digital will eventually.

Outside of not buying the console, which regardless if we all don't, the majority will, what can we do to fix this issue instead of the constant whining?
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved
#5_DevilBob_Posted 6/9/2013 8:06:48 AM
pblimp360 posted...

I'd like to see, if even just for once, one of you post something where we can work around this DRM issue. Because it's coming. Much like all digital will eventually.

Outside of not buying the console, which regardless if we all don't, the majority will, what can we do to fix this issue instead of the constant whining?

Art thou vexed, brethren?
---
That silence you hear is the sound of my eyes rolling.
#6betterboulderPosted 6/9/2013 8:13:32 AM
pblimp360 posted...

No, whining is unintelligible drivel. Articles like these are bringing up actual real concerns. That's what's being sent to MS and all other publishers considering DRM. That's how we fix it. That's how any consumer can fix anything; by letting the companies and fellow consumers know they won't and shouldn't take bs that serves to make entertainment more complicated than it needs to be.
---
I don't get worried. I get punchy!
PSN/XBL: PositiveCalvin/ 3DS Friend Code: 0259-0454-7272
#7X_Ayumi_XPosted 6/9/2013 8:14:32 AM
reverence26 posted...
http://kotaku.com/video-game-companies-arent-letting-us-do-anything-511789152

I can't open my eyes more than they are right now! It's not us asians fault, damn it!!!!
---
GT: Ayumi Spender ~~~~~~~~~~ PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to.
#8catzrul2002Posted 6/9/2013 8:15:05 AM
pblimp360 posted...

Look at Steam, the DRM on that is soo unintrusive it's great, basically you'd have to be online to buy the game anyway, but on the first time you boot the game up it is the ONLY time it does the check, you can play permanently offline from there.

Having DRM this restrictive on the Xbox One is just asking for pirates to kick its ass, SimCity is a very good example of that (look at Youtube user UKAzzer), all this is, is a way to get much more money at the expense of the consumer.

My eyes are very open, I hope Sonys are to.
#9FoppePosted 6/9/2013 8:17:35 AM
When it's cold outside
Am I here in vain?
Hold on to the night
There will be no shame
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#10Dr_KainPosted 6/9/2013 8:21:07 AM
pblimp360 posted...

The work around DRM is to not do it.

And I won't buy games I cannot physically own. I won't buy anything I cannot physically own. I will buy BDs and will buy whatever the next format is as long as I get a physical media with the movie on it. I see no point in paying for air, which is pretty much what digital media is. If we go to a digital format in the future, I won't support it. I don't believe in a screen telling me I own something, I want it on my shelf with the others of its kinds. If it is a video game, I want to either put it on my shelf with all of the games from that console (or that series, so like all of the GTAs and MGs together). If it is a movie, again, I want to put it with its kind. I can't exactly put Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and The Dark Knight Rises on my shelf together if I don't have them physically, now can I? Thus, no digital media for me except for certain circumstances.
---
GLaDOS 2012 - At least she admits the cake is a lie.