What would you all do if DRM was a ploy?

#1mmelzer2004Posted 6/9/2013 3:38:44 PM
Just curious. What would you say if Microsoft drops DRM and claims the general public influenced their decision? The thought being that DRM was never a legitimate plan and was used to make them look like a "gamer's" company by listening to their potential customers.

DRM might not be an issue for me, but I don't want the console to not sell because of it because for all we know, issues aside, it could turn out to be the best of the generation.

I don't mean this as a troll or bash or anything, because as it stands, I will most likely be picking up a One at or near release. Just wondering what the consensus on this would be.
#2VictalisPosted 6/9/2013 3:39:46 PM
Not believe them and still be kind of mad that they put out trial balloons to **** the consumer.
#3Mewtwo_soulPosted 6/9/2013 3:39:57 PM
I'd be disgusted with Microsoft. (Playing politics with games wonderful)

I'd still probably buy my Xboxone, but I'd never ever think of Microsoft as a good company. I'd even put them below EA.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#4mcnichojPosted 6/9/2013 3:40:07 PM
We can dream and pretend that will happen, but it won't.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner. | Level 50 in Gears Judgement Demo, yes this needed to be in my sig because a thread wasn't enough
#5TehPwnzererPosted 6/9/2013 3:43:22 PM
That would tell me that Microsoft isn't confident in their decision making. It's a lose/lose for them either way. I'll no longer buy any Microsoft products. Even windows, their bread and butter is going down the drain.
#6Razor2602Posted 6/9/2013 3:45:34 PM
mmelzer2004 posted...
Just curious. What would you say if Microsoft drops DRM and claims the general public influenced their decision? The thought being that DRM was never a legitimate plan and was used to make them look like a "gamer's" company by listening to their potential customers.

DRM might not be an issue for me, but I don't want the console to not sell because of it because for all we know, issues aside, it could turn out to be the best of the generation.

I don't mean this as a troll or bash or anything, because as it stands, I will most likely be picking up a One at or near release. Just wondering what the consensus on this would be.

Id sooner not both with games if its the best of the next gen theres a reason i buy the discs for the game and not go to a rental store because id like to play them when i feel like it not when they do
#7IloveElitePosted 6/9/2013 3:47:16 PM
They would have to drop the mandatory kinect too, or I'd still not buy.
---
Currently playing: MH3U and Lego City Undercover
Waiting for: Elite:Dangerous, Pikmin 3, GTA V
#8mmelzer2004(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2013 3:48:29 PM
mcnichoj posted...
We can dream and pretend that will happen, but it won't.

Most likely, but that's not the point of asking the question.

TehPwnzerer posted...
That would tell me that Microsoft isn't confident in their decision making. It's a lose/lose for them either way. I'll no longer buy any Microsoft products. Even windows, their bread and butter is going down the drain.

That's a good point, but would you rather a company stick to a model that won't work, or see them change it? Granted I see what you mean, if they completely caved to media pressure, there goes any credibility.