I realized that it's cheaper for ME to get an Xbox One than a PS

#361TheSL1ClubPosted 7/23/2013 10:36:21 PM
TC is MS's target demographic, people that failed at math and simply going ape @$%^ over COD, Madden, halo, gears, DUDEBROS.
---
They call me Hadouken because I'm down right fierce.
#362CapwnDPosted 7/23/2013 10:52:47 PM
Nick_Chaos007 posted...
WTF is with all the $100 headsets?! Seriously, they don't cost that much. It's called the damn swap meet! got $500 aviation headphones there for $20. Half the s*** is probably stolen, but I don't care. the product is real and cheap. If that isn't enough, my blutooth has been perfectly fine AND THAT'S ONLY TO TALK ON MULTIPLAYER GAMES! Do I need....or even want head sets for my console? No, I have surround sound, its better.

....seriously, $100 for headsets, you people are insane to think they cost that much and crazier to even spend that much.

umm.. no.

Sorry, I have very nice surround sound too, and for gaming, especially directional stuff like the COD games, good headphones are paramount. You won't get actual surround sound headphones for $100 though, unless you already have your own headphones (the headphones are not what makes the surround magic. However the headphones are what needs to be high quality)

If you want the ultimate setup, the best sound that you can get on console gaming, it's going to cost about $420

--Sennheiser PC360
--DSS2
--Astro Mixamp (preferably the older model, not the 2013)
--one 1 foot 3.5mm patch cable (suggest getting a premium cable, thick for least interference)

The arrangement is a bit confusing and I won't explain it here, but essentially you're using one of the amps for voice, and the other (the DSS2) for the game audio.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#363Nick_Chaos007Posted 7/24/2013 1:58:06 PM
CapwnD posted...
Nick_Chaos007 posted...
WTF is with all the $100 headsets?! Seriously, they don't cost that much. It's called the damn swap meet! got $500 aviation headphones there for $20. Half the s*** is probably stolen, but I don't care. the product is real and cheap. If that isn't enough, my blutooth has been perfectly fine AND THAT'S ONLY TO TALK ON MULTIPLAYER GAMES! Do I need....or even want head sets for my console? No, I have surround sound, its better.

....seriously, $100 for headsets, you people are insane to think they cost that much and crazier to even spend that much.

umm.. no.

Sorry, I have very nice surround sound too, and for gaming, especially directional stuff like the COD games, good headphones are paramount. You won't get actual surround sound headphones for $100 though, unless you already have your own headphones (the headphones are not what makes the surround magic. However the headphones are what needs to be high quality)

If you want the ultimate setup, the best sound that you can get on console gaming, it's going to cost about $420

--Sennheiser PC360
--DSS2
--Astro Mixamp (preferably the older model, not the 2013)
--one 1 foot 3.5mm patch cable (suggest getting a premium cable, thick for least interference)

The arrangement is a bit confusing and I won't explain it here, but essentially you're using one of the amps for voice, and the other (the DSS2) for the game audio.

You listed just 1 game, hell one genre. Any other game you don't need head phones and my surround is far superior and MUCH more comfortable than headphones. You don't need head phones for FPS game, hell if it wasn't for the game calling out kill streaks and things being attacked you wouldn't need any sound at all. Every other genre or game you don't need headphones. You seriously don't. I have not owned a headset besides a blutooth for FPS games.

So this crap about $100 is absolutely false. You people sound like politicians arguing over something that doesn't even matter because its the only thing you can grasp onto.
---
Kill one man, You're a murderer. Kill 1,000 men, You're a king. Kill them all....and You're a god!
#364CapwnDPosted 7/24/2013 3:55:37 PM
Nick_Chaos007 posted...
You listed just 1 game, hell one genre. Any other game you don't need head phones and my surround is far superior and MUCH more comfortable than headphones. You don't need head phones for FPS game, hell if it wasn't for the game calling out kill streaks and things being attacked you wouldn't need any sound at all. Every other genre or game you don't need headphones. You seriously don't. I have not owned a headset besides a blutooth for FPS games.

So this crap about $100 is absolutely false. You people sound like politicians arguing over something that doesn't even matter because its the only thing you can grasp onto.

It applies to more games then just COD. Any game where direction matters, headphones are better. Headphones can also be more immersive, and if you're communicating with friends and you want to hear both your nice surround sound and voice chat, a setup like mine is what you need if you care about nice things.

It sounds like you've never even used them. I have both, and I am somewhat of a sound snob, an audiophile in the making. If you care about nice sound, you would have nice headphones for some gaming.
---
#365xgameraxPosted 7/24/2013 4:54:55 PM
What's funny about this whole topic is that I use my x360 bluetooth headset on my PS3 as well... Sony = Winning.
---
360: Wesker STARS (100k gamerscore) | PS3: WhiskerSTARS (level 7 / 3 Platinums) | See you on PS4
#366BansheeNTDmodePosted 7/24/2013 5:00:10 PM
I think TC slept through math class and should go back to elementary school.
#367parthos566Posted 7/24/2013 5:18:23 PM
WG4F_is_win posted...
$500
-$100 headset
+$20 adapter
-$60 year of live
+$30 since over half will be used by December
=$390

The real number is $385-395 since I actually buy xbl for $40 a year and I will have the ability to sell my wi-fi adapter for $5-15.

This definitely doesn't apply to everyone and I am obviously smarter than to base my decision just around price. I just hadn't thought of it before today and I thought it was worth noting.

O.o Da faq?
---
PSN: Mastadope42
The PC is the PS3 of the 8th Gen Console Race.
#368Nick_Chaos007Posted 7/24/2013 5:34:05 PM
CapwnD posted...
Nick_Chaos007 posted...

It applies to more games then just COD. Any game where direction matters, headphones are better. Headphones can also be more immersive, and if you're communicating with friends and you want to hear both your nice surround sound and voice chat, a setup like mine is what you need if you care about nice things.

It sounds like you've never even used them. I have both, and I am somewhat of a sound snob, an audiophile in the making. If you care about nice sound, you would have nice headphones for some gaming.

No...just no. If you have a sound system, hell if you don't have one, directional sounds still doesn't matter. It's a video game, not real life, even with directional sounds its not going to break the game. The only games that REALLY have directional sounds are FPS and even then no one actually uses that to play the game.

Headphones have one purpose, to play the game and not bother people with the sound and or talk to other players. None of which are worth $100.
---
Kill one man, You're a murderer. Kill 1,000 men, You're a king. Kill them all....and You're a god!
#369marvelite50Posted 7/24/2013 5:53:39 PM
BansheeNTDmode posted...
I think TC slept through math class and should go back to elementary school.

Fun fact, I have a friend that took the ACT, got a 13. Took it a second time, fell asleep during the test, and got a 15. That guy is noticeable smarter than TC.
#370CapwnDPosted 7/24/2013 7:09:48 PM
Nick_Chaos007 posted...
No...just no. If you have a sound system, hell if you don't have one, directional sounds still doesn't matter. It's a video game, not real life, even with directional sounds its not going to break the game. The only games that REALLY have directional sounds are FPS and even then no one actually uses that to play the game.

Headphones have one purpose, to play the game and not bother people with the sound and or talk to other players. None of which are worth $100.

Not sure why you would say that the only games that really have directional sounds are FPS. That's just not true at all.

It sounds like you're just not used to having good sound. And of course you wouldn't spend $100 on headphones... that won't get you much.
---