I am glad the Xbox One is doing different things from PS4.

#1Second_HokagePosted 7/26/2013 5:31:09 PM(edited)
The xbox one is focusing on kinect, which receives far too much negativity than it deserves. The xbox one is focusing on tv features. You can play games and at the same time switch on over to your tv to catch your favorite show, then switch back to your game with voice commands. I can see how this is useful. I hate commercial breaks, so being able to play on an xbox one while the commercials pass is pretty cool. These are nice features, theres nothing bad about them. On top of that, the xbox one is able to play any game the PS4 can play.

I for one don't like watch television, don't care for sports, or like having camera peripherals pointed at me (or any sort of motion controls), so i am getting a PS4. However my point is, next gen is catering to people like me, and to people who enjoy watching tv and sports, and like kinect dancing and exercise games.

These next gen consoles are different and thats a good thing. Variety is a good thing. The way i see it, the PS4 is a dedicated game console, and the xbox one is a dedicated game console with other features.
#2GondolinRisesPosted 7/26/2013 5:30:28 PM
I don't agree. Even ms themselves have stated that the gaming aspects of the xb1 are far from their priorities. I'd say that the ps4 is a dedicated gaming console and the xb1 is an entertainment system.
---
Can't keep a good man down. More Fe + C than you.
#3Second_Hokage(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2013 5:32:25 PM
GondolinRises posted...
I don't agree. Even ms themselves have stated that the gaming aspects of the xb1 are far from their priorities. I'd say that the ps4 is a dedicated gaming console and the xb1 is an entertainment system.

The xbox one is getting just as many third party games as SONY. They also have many first party games coming out too. Sounds like a dedicated gaming console to me.
#4MrImpatient35Posted 7/26/2013 5:35:03 PM
My problem regarding Kinect is that people make it seem like it's only a lil bit better than the original Kinect. Kinect 2.0 is far superior to the original.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Battlefield 4 are already a done deal!
#5GondolinRisesPosted 7/26/2013 5:35:22 PM
The xbox one is getting just as many third party games as SONY.

How do you know this? And why capitalize every letter?

They also have many first party games coming out too.

and?

Sounds like a dedicated gaming console to me.

And yet it isn't. Perhaps it fits your definition because you are looking through your own particular interpretation. But in reality, just because it has games doesn't mean it's a dedicated gaming console. Otherwise every iphone would be a dedicated gaming console.
---
Can't keep a good man down. More Fe + C than you.
#6ExempliGratiaPosted 7/26/2013 5:40:07 PM
GondolinRises posted...

When did they state that? I thought they said they invested 1 billion into creating games?
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#7S4vage164Posted 7/26/2013 5:43:00 PM
True your actually talking sense and not bashing. MS is doing something thats never been done on a console and their shouldn't be a problem with that its still going to be able to play good games that rival the ps4's so the way that their bashing on the kinect and the whole tv thing is just obnoxious... This board needs to get a break the console is the most innovative console to date. It's not just a console that plays games it does that and more it's 2013 people let's get with the times.
#8MacBookAirPosted 7/26/2013 5:52:50 PM(edited)
Second_Hokage posted...
The xbox one is focusing on kinect, which receives far too much negativity than it deserves. The xbox one is focusing on tv features. You can play games and at the same time switch on over to your tv to catch your favorite show, then switch back to your game with voice commands. I can see how this is useful. I hate commercial breaks, so being able to play on an xbox one while the commercials pass is pretty cool. These are nice features, theres nothing bad about them. On top of that, the xbox one is able to play any game the PS4 can play.

I for one don't like watch television, don't care for sports, or like having camera peripherals pointed at me (or any sort of motion controls), so i am getting a PS4. However my point is, next gen is catering to people like me, and to people who enjoy watching tv and sports, and like kinect dancing and exercise games.

These next gen consoles are different and thats a good thing. Variety is a good thing. The way i see it, the PS4 is a dedicated game console, and the xbox one is a dedicated game console with other features.

Except my only issue is to watch TV with the Xbox One you need:

Xbox Live
A supported cable supporter
An external sold-seperately device for the Xbox One
Additional Fees from the service provider if they handle it like they handle TV on the Xbox 360

The only thing that the Xbox One has that I like is Skype group chat/video chat WHILE gaming. That is actually a nice thing that I would enjoy. Other than that, PS4 is getting voice command and actually has features the One doesn't, like the instant digital library access (which Microsoft originally did have but pulled)

They're both decent consoles now that Microsoft has changed their policies, but as far as the winner here, I'd say PS4 has the upper hand. I plan to buy a PS4 first, but I may get an Xbox One down the road. They both have features the other doesn't and they're both good systems in my opinion, I just think the PS4 is a little bit better.
---
microsoft sucks lol
#9S4vage164Posted 7/26/2013 5:53:10 PM
We're able to watch movies and shows through our consoles already, so why not take it a step further? I don't imagine it even coming close to interfering with gaming, so that's not an excuse it's still a dedicated console. MS announced new studios as well so how is it not dedicated?
#10ACx7Posted 7/26/2013 6:05:29 PM
GondolinRises posted...

Except literally the only thing Microsoft is doing different is working Kinect in to everything. The streaming, social networking, apps and even most of the motion crap are all present and on center stage with the PS4 as well.Sony is just doing a better job at marketing games over these features. Microsoft is marketing the Xbox One as a do everything device. Like Sony did with the PS3.

The features and hardware that these systems offer are nearly identical. The Xbox will come packed with more apps and offer more online features. The PS4 has a larger group of first party developers. So in that sense, yes Sony has more to offer in the exclusive department. But they are both gaming machines with a ridiculous amount of features available to the user.

And I am almost certain Microsoft never said that gaming wasn't a priority on their gaming device.