GDDR5 much better than DDR3 for gaming

#11morrowskys(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2013 10:00:44 AM
Did you even look at the AMD statement . Chart is comparing game performance . It is AMD the supplier of both . I don't care for your opinion .

Just look at the link ...
---
clicks
#12Ramsus082Posted 7/27/2013 10:07:47 AM
If you want to buy a great graphics card, you'd get one with GDDR5 over DDR3. There's benchmarks all over the place proving GDDR5's superiority in graphics. I'm not going to ask "right?" because that's obvious. You'd do so because GPUs with GDDR5 are demonstrably better for graphical fidelity. Obviouysly PC's aren't the same as game consoles, but consoles are (ideally)focused on graphical quality. Therefore, you'd want GDDR5 in your game console over DDR3. Why? Because it's better for graphics

You guys are splitting hairs and waving numbers around and making these false equivalencies(5GB is 5GB! It's a wash!) when there's nobody who'd pickup a GPU with DDR3 over GDDR5 if price wasn't a factor.

Turns out, the PS4 costs $100 less, so the price of GDDR3 isn't a factor.

Who's arguing that they'd rather have DDR3 in their consoles or PCs over GDDR5?
#13ElPolloDiablo87Posted 7/27/2013 10:09:21 AM
He's had the account for 11 months and has 14 karma. Don't feed the trolls people.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#14HENTAIDOJIPosted 7/27/2013 10:10:50 AM
morrowskys posted...
Did you even look at the AMD statement . Chart is comparing game performance . It is AMD the supplier of both . I don't care for your opinion .

Just look at the link ...

Your link is supportive that a GPU with more bandwidth is better than GPUS with less bandwidth. This is a pro Xbox One topic.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#15morrowskys(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2013 10:11:04 AM
Thank you so basically as far as the gaming consumer is concerned the PS4 from a hardware point of view is positioned more for that than all the other options available : ) .

Costs less as well .
---
clicks
#16HENTAIDOJIPosted 7/27/2013 10:14:46 AM
morrowskys posted...
Thank you so basically as far as the gaming consumer is concerned the PS4 from a hardware point of view is positioned more for that than all the other options available : ) .

Costs less as well .

Why? The PS4 has less bandwidth for it's GPU than the Xbox One does.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#17Ramsus082Posted 7/27/2013 10:15:45 AM
DamnEvilDog posted...
Protecting the consumer? by stating an opinion based on specs of consoles that are not out yet?
People stuck with PS3 even though it had inferior multiplats (not counting exclusives) most of them did not care that the multiplats were terrible, they just played the game.
Xbox One does look inferior bit by how much? the games still look really good and there are plenty to pick from, also for people who prefer the controller, UI and XBL among other things your opinion and links to articles wont matter.
The three things I stated are my own opinions, coupled with all the lies and arrogance of Sony this gen I am sticking with Xbox One like I stuck with Xbox 360.
Best consumer advise is go where the games are that you want to play along with which is most comfortable, do not base your opinion by the numerous troll topics about specs and various other "crap" topics.

I like this post. He's not trying to argue a debate that's already settled about which console is graphically superior, he's not making arguments up or using false equivalencies to undermine the hardware debate, he just clearly has a preference for his gaming console for a number of perfectly valid reasons directly related to gaming that I'm sure plenty of people share. He's an X1 fan and poster who doesn't feel insecure about the competition, he just happens to be out of patience with Sony, and that informs his gaming decision.

This place would have a lot less trolls from both sides if there wasn't this need to try and undermine settled debates. When people who know better see posts trying to revive "DDR3 vs GDDR5" as if anyone with any credibility wants DDR3 instead inside their PCs or consoles, it's like fresh bait for them.
#18YeomanlyPosted 7/27/2013 10:16:06 AM
HENTAIDOJI posted...
morrowskys posted...

Costs less as well .

Why? The PS4 has less bandwidth for it's GPU than the Xbox One does.

^^^ This.
#19NeoMonkPosted 7/27/2013 10:16:28 AM
so many words... so much meaningless...
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#20morrowskys(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2013 10:16:35 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]