The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Does this Mean the Xbox One is REALLY $525?

#1ILikesCheesePosted 7/28/2013 6:02:09 AM
If you consider a headset necessary, and since it will be a separate purchase of $25, if you want the full Xbox One "experience", I guess that means an initial investment of $525 now.

The gulf between Microsoft's console and its competition continues to grow. Cheap or not, a free headset is a free headset. And a "microphone" that can pick up all activity in a room (kids screaming, dogs barking, background conversations, music playing, etc.) is not a proper headset.

In my opinion at least.

-
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#2YeomanlyPosted 7/28/2013 6:04:30 AM
Would a headset only be required for people who play online? less than 50% of owners.

Or are you saying everyone must buy one as it does not come in the box even if you don't ever use it, we could then say same about Playstation Camera and Move.
#3ILikesCheese(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 6:09:44 AM
Yeomanly posted...
Would a headset only be required for people who play online? less than 50% of owners.

Or are you saying everyone must buy one as it does not come in the box even if you don't ever use it, we could then say same about Playstation Camera and Move.

Someone should a make a poll as to if you have EVER used your headset on the 360.

Of course, it would only work if people are truthful about it.

:D
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#4YeomanlyPosted 7/28/2013 6:10:47 AM
I was going by the 70+ million owned 360's and only around 20-30 million have gold accounts, 50% was being nice. ;)
#5Chao_YunPosted 7/28/2013 6:16:12 AM
Why would you need a mic when the Kinect listens to you? Echo?
---
Forest trees are greener.
#6JusticeSwordPosted 7/28/2013 6:19:57 AM
More people used mics on the 360 than those who used kinect so yeah you think it would be in there.
---
PSN:TheDragonzord
>_> Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles HD remix please
#7Bancario51Posted 7/28/2013 6:22:01 AM
its $550 if you factored in tax
---
#XboxWon (not changing this till its truth)
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#8SunDevil77Posted 7/28/2013 6:36:27 AM
They will have an adaptor for the 360 headset. How expensive will it be? Who knows. But I'm willing to bet it'll be much less than the $20 for a standard headset.

The Kinect 2 also has noise canceling tech. Not exactly sure how well it will work. Time will tell.
---
Justice...is what I seek, Kemosabe.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#9WestSdeNleVrusPosted 7/28/2013 6:41:48 AM
I remember in the early PS3 days where people would be playing PS3 games while in an 360 party cause it was easier to communicate like that.....that stupid Kinect is gonna make it the exact opposite now....
#10BoltVoltPosted 7/28/2013 6:44:50 AM
ILikesCheese posted...
If you consider a headset necessary, and since it will be a separate purchase of $25, if you want the full Xbox One "experience", I guess that means an initial investment of $525 now.

The gulf between Microsoft's console and its competition continues to grow. Cheap or not, a free headset is a free headset. And a "microphone" that can pick up all activity in a room (kids screaming, dogs barking, background conversations, music playing, etc.) is not a proper headset.

In my opinion at least.

-

You should have a look into the videos with kinect 2.0 on show, the videos providing no editing has been done, show the kinect works really well. Also if you are saying that it costs $525 for the full xbox one "experience" then you will be paying considerably more to have the full PS4 experience than the standard PS4 price after buying move/camera
---
Current Laptop Spec - Intel i7 3630QM, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 2GB DDR5,Nvidea GTX 675, 2 x 750GB HDD's 8GB ExCache, 17.3" 1080p Display, Bluray Drive