Does this Mean the Xbox One is REALLY $525?

#11x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 7/28/2013 7:45:07 AM
WestSdeNleVrus posted...
I remember in the early PS3 days where people would be playing PS3 games while in an 360 party cause it was easier to communicate like that.....that stupid Kinect is gonna make it the exact opposite now....

How so? Most players are in a party by now and I can guarantee none of my friends will ever use the Kinect as a mic. In fact, who uses in game chat anymore with all those screaming children?
#12doc1369Posted 7/28/2013 7:46:53 AM
Does it matter? Will I ad up all the things I need for the PS4? Not me, not that important. I live in a world where cheap is just that, cheap. Cost is only a consideration when it is something I will not use that much. I guess you could say in this case the cost of the PS4 worries me, I don't want cheap. The fact that the two consoles equel out after you remove the kinect is why I still want a PS4.

You buy cheap batteries then wonder why they will not hold a charge don't you?
---
If you believe that Jesus wants 100% compensation proudly put this in your sig.
#13MrSpaM111Posted 7/28/2013 8:03:26 AM
Yeomanly posted...
Would a headset only be required for people who play online? less than 50% of owners.

Or are you saying everyone must buy one as it does not come in the box even if you don't ever use it, we could then say same about Playstation Camera and Move.

'Every console needs to connect to the internet once on startup'

meaning if you arnt online, your not even getting one of these.

So tecnically 100% of XBO users are going to be online
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#14thefinalzapkeetPosted 7/28/2013 8:05:52 AM
it comes with the kinect, which apparently works very well. A headset would be a preference, or if you were playing the games in an area where multiple people hang out (although, I could never play it in a place like that with a headset, too embarassing to be shouting orders into the mic :P )
---
Go the Distance is the most inspirational song ever
those that agree: 47
#15BoltVoltPosted 7/28/2013 8:11:12 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
Yeomanly posted...
Would a headset only be required for people who play online? less than 50% of owners.

Or are you saying everyone must buy one as it does not come in the box even if you don't ever use it, we could then say same about Playstation Camera and Move.

'Every console needs to connect to the internet once on startup'

meaning if you arnt online, your not even getting one of these.

So tecnically 100% of XBO users are going to be online

Yes the console needs to connect to live once to take an update to remove the DRM features but not again after that.. Did you miss the memo?

Just because they need to connect once doesn't mean they will play online after..
---
Current Laptop Spec - Intel i7 3630QM, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 2GB DDR5,Nvidea GTX 675, 2 x 750GB HDD's 8GB ExCache, 17.3" 1080p Display, Bluray Drive
#16ACx7Posted 7/28/2013 8:18:21 AM
Implying that cheapo PS4 earbud wont pick up every little sound in your room.
#17MrImpatient35Posted 7/28/2013 8:22:01 AM
ILikesCheese posted...
Yeomanly posted...

Someone should a make a poll as to if you have EVER used your headset on the 360.

Of course, it would only work if people are truthful about it.

:D

which they wont be lol. I don't trust polls about PS4/X1.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Battlefield 4 are already a done deal!
#18doc1369Posted 7/28/2013 8:24:20 AM
ACx7 posted...
Implying that cheapo PS4 earbud wont pick up every little sound in your room.

Or work. I can always tell which headset people have by if I can bearly hear them or am I picking my eardrums off the floor.
---
If you believe that Jesus wants 100% compensation proudly put this in your sig.
#19TannerCKGPosted 7/28/2013 8:31:42 AM
Well $535 without the headset if you want to count taxes (which you'll be paying)
---
"Times are gone for honest men and sometimes far too long for snakes"
#20FoppePosted 7/28/2013 8:59:48 AM
JusticeSword posted...
More people used mics on the 360 than those who used kinect so yeah you think it would be in there.

Kinect 2.0 works like a microphone, so it's already included.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC