Does this Mean the Xbox One is REALLY $525?

#21GondolinRisesPosted 7/28/2013 9:13:27 AM
after you put n the headset and the year of live, it turns out it's almost 600$ without even getting a game.
---
Can't keep a good man down. More Fe + C than you.
#22ILikesCheese(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 9:24:40 AM(edited)
BoltVolt posted...
You should have a look into the videos with kinect 2.0 on show, the videos providing no editing has been done, show the kinect works really well. Also if you are saying that it costs $525 for the full xbox one "experience" then you will be paying considerably more to have the full PS4 experience than the standard PS4 price after buying move/camera

Foppe posted...
Kinect 2.0 works like a microphone, so it's already included.

SunDevil77 posted...
The Kinect 2 also has noise canceling tech. Not exactly sure how well it will work. Time will tell.

At this point, all EVERYONE knows about the Kinect 2.0 is what Microsoft tells us.

They are trying to sell their product, as any business would, and to do so they could very well tell us the thing also makes excellent toast. Until the device is actually released and able to be reviewed by those who are NOT on Microsoft's payroll, everything known about the Kinect is just conjecture and sales talk.

If it truly does work as "promised", if it cancels out ALL background noise and zeroes in on only the speaker, it will be a great product. (Aside from the fact that you can't turn the darn thing off course.) I'm just not buying that snake oil at this point
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#23ILikesCheese(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 9:21:02 AM
ACx7 posted...
Implying that cheapo PS4 earbud wont pick up every little sound in your room.

I'm sure it will work just as well as the cheapo headsets that came with the Xbox 360s. In fact, the cheaper a headset the "better" it is along those lines. They don't pick up any noise one foot away from your mouth.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#24PsychoGatesPosted 7/28/2013 9:21:06 AM
TannerCKG posted...
Well $535 without the headset if you want to count taxes (which you'll be paying)

not if you go amazon like myself (excluding those in states with online sales tax), itll be $509 with shipping
#25ILikesCheese(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 9:26:37 AM
PsychoGates posted...
TannerCKG posted...
Well $535 without the headset if you want to count taxes (which you'll be paying)

not if you go amazon like myself (excluding those in states with online sales tax), itll be $509 with shipping

Including taxes confuses the issue, as you would have to also include those taxes for the product you are comparing the Xbox One against.

Also.....shipping is FREE if you are an Amazon Prime member!

:D
---
#26PsychoGatesPosted 7/28/2013 9:27:49 AM
ILikesCheese posted...
PsychoGates posted...
TannerCKG posted...

Including taxes confuses the issue, as you would have to also include those taxes for the product you are comparing the Xbox One against.

Also.....shipping is FREE if you are an Amazon Prime member!

:D

true, my free amazon prime expired though :(
#27ILikesCheese(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 2:59:43 PM
PsychoGates posted...
true, my free amazon prime expired though :(

.Amazon Prime rules.

No taxes, to shipping costs. The service totally pays for itself quickly.
---
#28MarblesbunbunPosted 7/28/2013 3:27:46 PM
ILikesCheese posted...
If you consider a headset necessary, and since it will be a separate purchase of $25, if you want the full Xbox One "experience", I guess that means an initial investment of $525 now.

The gulf between Microsoft's console and its competition continues to grow. Cheap or not, a free headset is a free headset. And a "microphone" that can pick up all activity in a room (kids screaming, dogs barking, background conversations, music playing, etc.) is not a proper headset.

In my opinion at least.

-

Where did you get the $25 price point?
---
Mewtwo_Soul: "You can't trust a smile from Sony, but you'd better watch your back after shaking Microsoft's hand."
#29TeremeiPosted 7/28/2013 3:55:03 PM
I'll use the kinect, that's what it's there for. But you could consider $20 for the plug and play kit a neccessity for me.
---
last $$: Skyrim Legendary PS3, Last of Us, Max Payne 3 PS3, Project X Zone, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Wii U
Playing: tLoU
#30lanifPosted 7/28/2013 4:01:14 PM
tax too more like 575 to 600
---
Do you know what happens when the trolls start talking too much s$%^?
Their breath starts to stink!!! lol