Does this Mean the Xbox One is REALLY $525?

#31_Sovereign_Posted 7/28/2013 3:14:28 PM
Foppe posted...
JusticeSword posted...
More people used mics on the 360 than those who used kinect so yeah you think it would be in there.

Kinect 2.0 works like a microphone, so it's already included.

The problem everybody seems to be missing here is that nobody else wants to hear your buddies yelling obscenities or off-color jokes...I know I don't want my wife or daughter hearing it. Regardless of whether or not the Kinect works as a mic is irrelevant if you've got more than yourself in the house.

I also don't like the fact that if I were talking to one of my buddies, he's got me going through the TV speakers and I don't know it. I could say something within a number of circumstances that could land either myself or him in hot water. I prefer audio going through the headphones/mic, so for me the X1 is at least $125 too expensive.
---
I do not return to topics. I say my peace and move on. If you draw issues with what I say, then by all means, inbox me.
#32shendudePosted 7/28/2013 3:27:21 PM
Well don't you need a TV to play the Xbox One? So doesn't that make the Xbox like $1200? Oh wait I need electricity too. So the Xbox One is really $∞.
---
Xfire = crazycast2
#33darkphiresagePosted 7/28/2013 4:47:51 PM
shendude posted...
Well don't you need a TV to play the Xbox One? So doesn't that make the Xbox like $1200? Oh wait I need electricity too. So the Xbox One is really $∞.

I still don't know if people who use this argument are joking, desperate or stupid. if you're buying something, other items/services that you would already be paying for even if you weren't buying it, are not included in the cost.
---
"Dat b**** crazy."
"Ya, b****** be trippin." - every guy ever and his best friend at some point in life.
#34ILikesCheese(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 6:18:01 PM
Marblesbunbun posted...
ILikesCheese posted...
If you consider a headset necessary, and since it will be a separate purchase of $25, if you want the full Xbox One "experience", I guess that means an initial investment of $525 now.-

Where did you get the $25 price point?

HERE:

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/07/27/xbox-one-controllers-headsets-available-for-pre-order/

-
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#35ILikesCheese(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 6:22:13 PM
shendude posted...

VERY SIMPLE REASON WHY THIS ARGUMENT FAILS:

The PS4 doesn't come with a TV either.

It does however come with a headset, thus it can now be said to be $125 cheaper than the Xbox One.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#36mcnichojPosted 7/28/2013 6:22:52 PM
How is this any different from when I bought a PS3 for $600 and a bluetooth mic for $60?
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner. | Level 50 in Gears Judgement Demo, yes this needed to be in my sig because a thread wasn't enough
#37Xx5ILLYR4BBITxXPosted 7/28/2013 6:25:01 PM
It's actually with a mic and a game im assuming your get a game the total cost of a xbox one and a mic and just 1 game is going to be with tax $615.00. That's alot of money im glad im not buying into the next gen hype. ps4 will be $550.00 with tax included with a psn 1 year sub and 1 game since ps4 comes with a headset. so ps4 is cheaper by extually 65 bucks. it's really not that much of a diffenrce.
---
My 5 Favorite Games of all time are 1) Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. 2) Phantasy Star Online EP 1&2. 3) Star Ocean Till The End Of Time. 4) MGS 2 PS2. 5) FF 9
#38darkphiresagePosted 7/28/2013 7:08:53 PM
mcnichoj posted...
How is this any different from when I bought a PS3 for $600 and a bluetooth mic for $60?

you bought the ps3 when it was $600? that was a sucker deal man. PS fans barely bought it for that price. screw console loyalty...I'm loyal to my pockets. (as long as the value is there) I'm not buying the X1 at $100 more with a camera I don't even want, and I damn sure didn't buy the ps3 for $600, even though I had no actual qualms with the system itself.
---
"Dat b**** crazy."
"Ya, b****** be trippin." - every guy ever and his best friend at some point in life.
#39ILikesCheese(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 7:14:51 PM
mcnichoj posted...

Some people wouldn't be as loud and as forthcoming with their foolish mistakes.

:D
---
#40CapnStankyPosted 7/28/2013 9:16:21 PM
According to an engineer that worked on the XB1 controller posting on Neogaf, they heard the complaints about the lack of included headset loud and clear. Expect one to be added.