Does this Mean the Xbox One is REALLY $525?

#51ILikesCheese(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2013 9:40:49 AM(edited)
Exodus_Prime posted...
Oh look a next gen console that's only $399. Don't forget to buy a game $60 oh wait you need $50 for PS+ oh wait my friend is coming over the next day because school is off for a few days better buy a extra controller $50 more.So now were up to $560 oh wait taxes still have to be added $590 sweet I bought a cheaper PS4 oh wait it's still over $500. See I can come up with a bunch of facepalm numbers too. Bunch of fanboys are sad these days trying to justify a price that they will be paying anyway.Get a job stop free loading off your friends and parents.Be someone in society then complain about the price all you want.

You realize that same argument can be applied to the Xbox One, right?

So let's see....$525 for the system and a headset (at the moment), then $60 for a game, then $60 for another controller, then $60 for Xbox Live, and then an average of 5% sales tax equalling about $35 (which I said is foolish to include but if you insist)....what is that, $740? You still lose the math game. And, life insight advice here, numbers are not facepalm-worthy when they are quite accurate and easily provable.

Also, you must have missed the post about the awesome FREE games on the PS4 at launch too.

And what does an Xbox One owner do when the mandatory Kinect 2.0 gets knocked off from its perch and broken?

Lastly, I have a job with a six figure salary thank you very much Mr. Teenage Fanboy who applies his lifestyle to everyone else. The thing is, just because I have the money, doesn't mean I am anxious to waste it.

-
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#52ILikesCheese(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2013 9:45:37 AM
CapnStanky posted...
ILikesCheese posted...
Draconas_Lyrr posted...
The PS4 is also going to have a few free to play games available launch day, so you don't even have to buy a game, technically speaking.

Planetside 2 and War Thunder!!

Horrible horrible games. There's a reason they're free. No one in their right mind would buy them.

As opposed to "Happy Wars" and "Full House Poker 2011 - the 2013 Free Version!" huh?

Yeah, I think you might be a bit biased there. Planetside 2 is quite fun, beautiful and deep for a FTP game, and War Thunder looks like the best aerial battle game I have seen for a console in a very, very, VERY long time.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#53DamnEvilDogPosted 7/29/2013 9:52:05 AM
Still trolling from your ledge hunh? must be a very boring life you have, it's really tragic...
#54VoelgerPosted 7/29/2013 10:01:50 AM
I'm buying the system- 499.99
Warranty- 69.99
Dead rising- 59.90
Battlefield 4- 59.99
Headset- 24.99

That's 776.63 dollars including tax
---
Mythlogic-Pollux 1612, Clevo P150em, i7-3720QM, 2GB GTX 680m, 16g DDR3, 128 MSata drive, 750 7200rpm HDD
PowerFAQs 1.10
#55Exodus_PrimePosted 7/29/2013 10:02:20 AM
ILikesCheese posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
Oh look a next gen console that's only $399. Don't forget to buy a game $60 oh wait you need $50 for PS+ oh wait my friend is coming over the next day because school is off for a few days better buy a extra controller $50 more.So now were up to $560 oh wait taxes still have to be added $590 sweet I bought a cheaper PS4 oh wait it's still over $500. See I can come up with a bunch of facepalm numbers too. Bunch of fanboys are sad these days trying to justify a price that they will be paying anyway.Get a job stop free loading off your friends and parents.Be someone in society then complain about the price all you want.

You realize that same argument can be applied to the Xbox One, right?

So let's see....$525 for the system and a headset (at the moment), then $60 for a game, then $60 for another controller, then $60 for Xbox Live, and then an average of 5% sales tax equalling about $35 (which I said is foolish to include but if you insist)....what is that, $740? You still lose the math game. And, life insight advice here, numbers are not facepalm-worthy when they are quite accurate and easily provable.

Also, you must have missed the post about the awesome FREE games on the PS4 at launch too.

And what does an Xbox One owner do when the mandatory Kinect 2.0 gets knocked off from its perch and broken?

Lastly, I have a job with a six figure salary thank you very much Mr. Teenage Fanboy who applies his lifestyle to everyone else. The thing is, just because I have the money, doesn't mean I am anxious to waste it.

-

Ha ha the fact that you replied to my sarcastic post put a smile on my face. That's why I added *facepalm* to the thing of course my numbers weren't accurate it was a *joke* post to this *joke* topic.

Of course I realize the same can be applied to the Xbox One that's a no brainer. Another thing you calling me a teen fanboy please son you don't know me I'm well beyond my teens.By the immaturity of your post you give yourself away not only as a *fanboy* but as a person who clearly doesn't make six figures :-)

Awesome free games seriously? most of the PS4 launch games are free to play which do not appeal to me Planetside 2 is already on Pc so is Dc Universe and Warframe will probably end up on Xbox One as reported by IGN. So that leaves me with Killzone 4 which i was looking forward to until i heard it was also free to play which I do not like.

Still paranoid about the Kinect cam well just keep your tinfoil hat on to be safe. My best friend makes six figures and he's getting both you know why? because he's not a fanboy who tries to convince people to not buy a console they do not agree on :-) Me and Him buy consoles for the games.

Good day to you :-)
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#56BuyersRemorse55Posted 7/29/2013 10:18:38 AM
Why not use the headset you already have? Or with this prior knowledge get one now before you gotta make the big purchase.
#57ILikesCheese(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2013 10:19:36 AM
Exodus_Prime posted...
By the immaturity of your post you give yourself away not only as a *fanboy* but as a person who clearly doesn't make six figures :-)

Still paranoid about the Kinect cam well just keep your tinfoil hat

"Paranoid about Kinect" Comment? Check.

"Tin-Foil Hat" Comment? Check.

"Good day to you" Comment? Check. With "Sir" added? No check.

Also....I am quite proud of my accomplishments and station in life yet don't feel the need to brag about it. I only bring up my job, education, and salary when children such as yourself make an issue of it. And sorry, immediately assuming someone cannot afford the Xbox One and lives with their parents puts the immaturity label clearly on your shirt.

Probably right next to your name tag. :D
---
#58BuyersRemorse55Posted 7/29/2013 10:19:38 AM
Also a lot of people will already have live or PS+ so they don't buy it again on the new console.
#59BuyersRemorse55Posted 7/29/2013 10:22:20 AM
$525 is still less then FIVE HUNDRED NINETY NINE US DOLLARS
#60Exodus_PrimePosted 7/29/2013 10:27:53 AM
ILikesCheese posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
By the immaturity of your post you give yourself away not only as a *fanboy* but as a person who clearly doesn't make six figures :-)

Still paranoid about the Kinect cam well just keep your tinfoil hat

"Paranoid about Kinect" Comment? Check.

"Tin-Foil Hat" Comment? Check.

"Good day to you" Comment? Check. With "Sir" added? No check.

Also....I am quite proud of my accomplishments and station in life yet don't feel the need to brag about it. I only bring up my job, education, and salary when children such as yourself make an issue of it. And sorry, immediately assuming someone cannot afford the Xbox One and lives with their parents puts the immaturity label clearly on your shirt.

Probably right next to your name tag. :D

Ha ha hilarious let me get my butt hurt cream for you it's right here hold on...there we go now you can join your Sony,Microsoft fanboys to my ever growing list :-)

You are now ignoring this user's topics and posts.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.