Getting Both but now X1 excitement reaches all time high!

#1blingusPosted 7/28/2013 4:31:10 PM
So as my title says, I have both PS4 and the X1 pre-ordered and paid for.

After E3 as well as the X180 "announcemnt", my plan was still to sell the X1 for some extra cash but I can't (as a true gamer) do that after seeing this about the controller:

http://gizmodo.com/xbox-one-controller-hands-on-rumbling-triggers-are-fre-509174701

The rumble and feedback features are really impressive. The console itself has so much potential gaming wise as well as TV input ONE. Spending some time reading about the functions of the X1 and TV, I have to say that I'm disappointed that the X1 will not function as a DVR but it may in the future. For now, it seems the focus is on live television (which, aside from CNN, SCI and H2, has been dead to me for almost a decade) but since partnering up with the major US cable providers and the fact that MS Media Center (since Win 7) is so fantastic, I can see major improvements for the X1.

Of course, I'm mostly interested in games but let me be honest. Between the announced games for both systems for 2013-14 I see a total of 5 must haves and 3-5 maybes. This is, and has been, the case for almost every new console generation. It takes a few years to grow those legs and get great big libraries to attract the masses.

In that regard, I am inclined to feel as though MS has the upper hand for the first year at least because they are including features that won't necessarily rely on AAA game sales. Look, like I said my first priority is games, but I have to finally admit that since being apart of every generation since the 2600, we are going to see a game drought for the first 12-18 months. I don't care that developers are stating otherwise because they are essentially making games like ACIV, Watchdogs, etc for 360, X1, PS3 and PS4.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that with how terrible the consumer side of the economy is doing, less people will be inclined to buy a new system especially if the games they want to play are available for their current system. BUT, it seems to me that not just the awesomeness of the new controller, applications and the TV integration, the X1 seems to have an upper hand for the first year or 2.

But as a side note to prove my love of games, when inFamous:SS releases, my X1 will be a doorstop but I'm very happy to play Forza until then!
---
7200rpm 320GB(OG 60)+320GB Slim PS3s, Reach+Gears 360s, Black Wii U, Modded Xbox, Black Sega DC+Saturn, Panasonic Q, PSP, 64GB iPhone 4S+iPad 4, 3DS XL, PSVITA!
#2PsychoGatesPosted 7/28/2013 4:35:46 PM
blingus posted...
So as my title says, I have both PS4 and the X1 pre-ordered and paid for.

After E3 as well as the X180 "announcemnt", my plan was still to sell the X1 for some extra cash but I can't (as a true gamer) do that after seeing this about the controller:

http://gizmodo.com/xbox-one-controller-hands-on-rumbling-triggers-are-fre-509174701

The rumble and feedback features are really impressive. The console itself has so much potential gaming wise as well as TV input ONE. Spending some time reading about the functions of the X1 and TV, I have to say that I'm disappointed that the X1 will not function as a DVR but it may in the future. For now, it seems the focus is on live television (which, aside from CNN, SCI and H2, has been dead to me for almost a decade) but since partnering up with the major US cable providers and the fact that MS Media Center (since Win 7) is so fantastic, I can see major improvements for the X1.

Of course, I'm mostly interested in games but let me be honest. Between the announced games for both systems for 2013-14 I see a total of 5 must haves and 3-5 maybes. This is, and has been, the case for almost every new console generation. It takes a few years to grow those legs and get great big libraries to attract the masses.

In that regard, I am inclined to feel as though MS has the upper hand for the first year at least because they are including features that won't necessarily rely on AAA game sales. Look, like I said my first priority is games, but I have to finally admit that since being apart of every generation since the 2600, we are going to see a game drought for the first 12-18 months. I don't care that developers are stating otherwise because they are essentially making games like ACIV, Watchdogs, etc for 360, X1, PS3 and PS4.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that with how terrible the consumer side of the economy is doing, less people will be inclined to buy a new system especially if the games they want to play are available for their current system. BUT, it seems to me that not just the awesomeness of the new controller, applications and the TV integration, the X1 seems to have an upper hand for the first year or 2.

But as a side note to prove my love of games, when inFamous:SS releases, my X1 will be a doorstop but I'm very happy to play Forza until then!

an unbiased look at the potential early future of the next gen market... I like it

Now just sit and wait for the stampede. Sony Ponies can smell even a hint of negativity towards the PS4
#3BryanPS360Posted 7/28/2013 4:37:12 PM
I worry about this controller's battery life with all these extra vibrations going on.
I wouldn't give a crap if it was rechargeable right out of the box.

Either way, it's still cool.
---
XBGT:ABN THUG 210 PSN: ABNTHUG210
#4Yomonachi4Posted 7/28/2013 4:39:15 PM
PsychoGates posted...
blingus posted...
So as my title says.......

an unbiased look at the potential early future of the next gen market... I like it

Now just sit and wait for the stampede. Sony Ponies can smell even a hint of negativity towards the PS4

With stupid words like that you'll draw negativity.
#5blingus(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 4:39:51 PM
PsychoGates,

You are probably correct that the fanboys will try to tear my post apart and I expected that, in fact I deserve it in a way because I ripped the X1 like a fanboy for awhile.

But really, I think both consoles are going to be fantastic and am happy I finally see the X1's potential.
---
7200rpm 320GB(OG 60)+320GB Slim PS3s, Reach+Gears 360s, Black Wii U, Modded Xbox, Black Sega DC+Saturn, Panasonic Q, PSP, 64GB iPhone 4S+iPad 4, 3DS XL, PSVITA!
#6PsychoGatesPosted 7/28/2013 4:44:58 PM
blingus posted...
PsychoGates,

You are probably correct that the fanboys will try to tear my post apart and I expected that, in fact I deserve it in a way because I ripped the X1 like a fanboy for awhile.

But really, I think both consoles are going to be fantastic and am happy I finally see the X1's potential.

Yes I agree, I myself also have both consoles preordered.

The rumble in the triggers is a really interesting feature that im surprised took so long for someone to come up with. I can definitely see it becoming a new standard much like current rumble features are.

I remember when I got the PS3 before the Duel Shock 3 came out, and I was very upset that rumble was missing. The controller felt cheap and crappy simply because of that missing feature.

I wonder if in the future rumble-less triggers will give that same empty feeling...
#7blingus(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 4:47:09 PM
BryanPS360 posted...
I worry about this controller's battery life with all these extra vibrations going on.
I wouldn't give a crap if it was rechargeable right out of the box.

Either way, it's still cool.

Check out that link. I believe they talk about some of the feedback functions being controlled by magnets (I've been reading so much about the X1 lately, that link might not be the one that mentions magnets). Magnetic feedback really uses less power that traditional vibrational rumble motors. And yes, I know the rumble motors are magnetic motors, but the difference is magnetic motors use more power than simple powered magnets.

I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm just saying that there may not be such a noticeable difference in power consumption as people might think. And hey, at least it last longer than the 3 hour WiiPad!
---
#8blingus(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 4:50:07 PM
PsychoGates,

No kidding, I did eventually get rid of my Sixaxis controller that came with my Launch 60GB PS3 and was so relieved to feel like I was holding something heavier than a DVD case lol.
---
#9blingus(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 5:12:18 PM
Not trying to bump my own bloated topic with so any posts but I forgot to address PRISM.

Yes, I'm paranoid! I have read tons about all the intercepted communication though the NSA, CIA, and FBI. I hate that MS was the first company to sign up with PRISM. In some ways MS may not have had a choice in that there could have been governmental bribery going on when MS joined up. Example: Federal government "If you don't go along with us then we will stop using your products and services" MS replies "S***, fine whatever you want, I guess we don't have much of a choice."

But since they can already see, read and hear me through multiple devices I own, Kinect being confined to my living room isn't going to as big of a paranoia as using my cell.

I guess I can always just unplug the power from the X1 when I have my Sex, Drugs and Rock n Roll parties ;-P
---
#10SegavsCapcomPosted 7/28/2013 5:13:41 PM
I too am getting both consoles. Too many games I'll miss if I just get one.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665