Getting Both but now X1 excitement reaches all time high!

#31Juzten76Posted 7/31/2013 11:28:53 AM
blingus posted...
BryanPS360 posted...
I worry about this controller's battery life with all these extra vibrations going on.
I wouldn't give a crap if it was rechargeable right out of the box.

Either way, it's still cool.

Check out that link. I believe they talk about some of the feedback functions being controlled by magnets (I've been reading so much about the X1 lately, that link might not be the one that mentions magnets). Magnetic feedback really uses less power that traditional vibrational rumble motors. And yes, I know the rumble motors are magnetic motors, but the difference is magnetic motors use more power than simple powered magnets.

I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm just saying that there may not be such a noticeable difference in power consumption as people might think. And hey, at least it last longer than the 3 hour WiiPad!

Good news. I turn off the rumble on my 360 because it saves battery life. I was a little concerned about how the new rumble triggers would be on battery life.
#32Exodus_PrimePosted 7/31/2013 11:47:04 AM
Look at that...this topic is going surprisingly well. Getting both can't wait.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#33RyuuHou25Posted 7/31/2013 12:07:41 PM
After reading the OP, the only thing I can derive is that the X1 has only TV going for it in your view, and the feedback from the controller.

Which....basically, it's TV, it's something we've had for over a decade now, and since it has no PVR, I can't see how people are going to replace their current boxes with this thing, for TV. Now, if you can connect both your TV input to the thing, connect to the TV, and connect the PVR so you can record everything still, that would be great, but there doesn't seem to be enough in puts on the X1 for that.

Media centers are nothing new either, both current gen consoles have it, I use it all the time on my PS3, my brother uses his 360 as one all the time too, and my other brother uses his PS3 for it too.

So, if you're talking about games and how there will be a drought due to current systems being able to play them as well, I just found it a bit odd that you wouldn't apply this same outlook to everything else about the system.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liGiTVdVu1A
#34blingus(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2013 8:28:07 AM
New consoles always have a drought in the beginning of their lifespan. Also, if you read my post I thought I made it clear that the TV functions that MS has currently announced focus on live TV which holds almost 0 interest to me. The point I was trying to make about the TV functions were basically hypothetical if MS does update the console to become a DVR. Also, having 1HDMI input and 1 output, I plan to use my cable box/DVR for the X1's input which I believe will become more functional as the system updates roll out.

Finally, regarding the "what looks to be" stunning new controller, they aren't really classifying the triggers as having a "rumble" function. Using magnets in the triggers, they are trying to demonstrate how the triggers will have feedback. Again, magnets, not rumble motors, should not use significant power.

I saw a demonstration of how they were braking with the left trigger and the guy said he could feel a resistance difference when braking at a high speed versus a slow speed. To me at least, it seems like the triggers are going for a "force feedback" type of functionality but it's impossible to say for sure until finalized systems and games are out.

Yes, I'm more excited for the PS4 overall, I just feel that the X1 isn't the POS I thought it was going to be and am excited to see its evolution. Like I stated earlier on, when inFamous SS releases, my X1 will most likely be a doorstop for awhile.
---
7200rpm 320GB(OG 60)+320GB Slim PS3s, Reach+Gears 360s, Black Wii U, Modded Xbox, Black Sega DC+Saturn, Panasonic Q, PSP, 64GB iPhone 4S+iPad 4, 3DS XL, PSVITA!
#35blingus(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2013 8:32:50 AM
Exodus_Prime posted...
Look at that...this topic is going surprisingly well. Getting both can't wait.

Thanks Exodus! It really is a surprise that this hasn't turned into "but the X1 blah blah, negative comment".

Then again, there hasn't been too much of a discussion either. But hey, I'm thankful for every single post minus the "/blogFAQS" comment!

Thanks everyone!
---
7200rpm 320GB(OG 60)+320GB Slim PS3s, Reach+Gears 360s, Black Wii U, Modded Xbox, Black Sega DC+Saturn, Panasonic Q, PSP, 64GB iPhone 4S+iPad 4, 3DS XL, PSVITA!