Your Thoughts On the 8th Gen Console War?

#1skelter90Posted 7/28/2013 7:36:04 PM
Last I lurked on GameFaqs was 2011, near the end of the PS3-360 war. It had cooled down by then, with people not really minding the other console's business, with some hard-headed radicals yelling for exclusivity for once-exclusive games- but those people were easily dismissed.

Been lurking the PS4/Xbox One boards recently, just to get a feel for how both consoles' fan bases are growing, and any latest news. Lots of hate on both sides. Lots of drama too. Lots, and I mean lots, of children also. Can't even get through a thread without one hate post.

I think both consoles are very good for their own reasons, and personally, I'm getting both because I'm old and I have money. I also want to be knee-deep in next gen console gaming, and I couldn't care less what other people are getting, as long as I have people to play with on either side.

Anyone else find the Xbox One vs PS4 hatewar ridiculous? It's like whenever a new batch of consoles come out, people go from taciturn gaming veterans to cavemen insistingly yelling that their rock is bigger. Sure, whichever console sells more will attract more developers, resulting in more games, but really, do you have to hate on either console?
---
PSN: -bossfrost
Playing - Shadowrun Returns, Fallout 3 GOTY
#2ConMan09Posted 7/28/2013 7:41:57 PM
No console is "better" than the other. It comes down to personal opinion as always but the way people get butt hurt over which one is better is quite funny to me.
---
If I ever saw an amputee being hanged, I would just yell out letters.
#3HiddenRoarPosted 7/28/2013 7:44:37 PM
Troll topic for thinking WiiU isn't 8th Gen.
#4gzus_ADPosted 7/28/2013 7:50:07 PM
ConMan09 posted...
No console is "better" than the other. It comes down to personal opinion as always but the way people get butt hurt over which one is better is quite funny to me.
Agreed. It's hilarious.
---
[PSN]: stray_dog_strut // Latest ink: http://imgur.com/wTIEDNJ
End all war now // I write @ http://writersbloq.com/frank-noh
#5aj4x94Posted 7/28/2013 7:56:05 PM
I find it hilarious, because I have never seen a game company go above and beyond in order to screw over paying customers by throwing restriction after restriction at them only to backpedal to ludicrous degrees after gamers gave them the finger and pre ordered the PS4 en mass.
---
Playing: The Last of Us, System Shock 2, Hitman Trilogy, Siren Blood Curse, Alan Wake
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94
#6gzus_ADPosted 7/28/2013 7:59:40 PM
aj4x94 posted...
I find it hilarious, because I have never seen a game company go above and beyond in order to screw over paying customers by throwing restriction after restriction at them only to backpedal to ludicrous degrees after gamers gave them the finger and pre ordered the PS4 en mass.
That was more sad than funny, but I get the gist.
---
[PSN]: stray_dog_strut // Latest ink: http://imgur.com/wTIEDNJ
End all war now // I write @ http://writersbloq.com/frank-noh
#7DarthLaharlPosted 7/28/2013 8:00:11 PM
HiddenRoar posted...
Troll topic for thinking WiiU isn't 8th Gen.

The Wii U is already out and selling at abysmal levels. They'll pick up eventually but I don't see them being able to compete this time around considering all the casuals that Ninty pulled in last gen with the Wii either still have their Wiis and don't care to upgrade or migrated to the casual mobile games on iOS and Android and whatnot. They seem to be trying to get the "hardcore" fanbase back by actually working with 3rd parties to try and get some 3rd party exclusives (Sonic Lost World, Bayonetta 2, etc.) but that wont be enough to warrant the purchase of a Wii U for someone on the fence about choosing between PS4, XB1, and Wii U.

Truthfully though, a some people will have either PS4/Wii U or XB1/Wii U simply for the 1st party Ninty games but those of us who want to play 8th gen level games will play them on their PS4/XB1.
---
PSN: Unretributed
#8GondolinRisesPosted 7/28/2013 8:02:32 PM
That was more sad than funny, but I get the gist.

Actually I'd say shocking more than sad. The 360 did really well because it was a gaming machine. It played multiplats better and served as a primary gaming platform. All this being said ms was poised to take control of the next gen, but instead of doing that they lay one giant pr disaster egg after another forcing ten of thousands of 360 fans to the internet where we could only express our consternation.

Now in the smoldering ashes of all that we have a few hardcore xb1 trolls and everyone else. Most people won't even participate on this board because of how bad it is.
---
Can't keep a good man down. More Fe + C than you.
#9grampamurkedPosted 7/28/2013 8:12:25 PM
Couldn't care less what all the kiddies say. I'm gonna buy and play and enjoy while all the fools argue stats.
---
New user...long time lurker.
#10Dannyson97Posted 7/31/2013 2:05:03 PM
Xbox 1 will be fine in the states, and everywhere else is anyone's guess.
The PS4 will be amazing if it can get past it's few launch games.
The Wii U appears to be gaining momentum and once the big titles make the Wii U should be fine.
---
I'm a Nintendo loyalist, respect Sony and Microsoft.