What are your thoughts on the 3 gigs of RAM removal on the xbox one?

#11sworderPosted 7/28/2013 8:01:36 PM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
Better than the 3.5 taken away on PS4. Sony must really suck at software development if it takes them 3.5 gigs of ram to run Facebook...

#12RayconPosted 7/28/2013 8:04:36 PM
Better than the 3.5 taken away on PS4. Sony must really suck at software development if it takes them 3.5 gigs of ram to run Facebook...

Debunked. Some games already confirmed to be using as much as 6GB.

Not that the difference is huge, in either case.
---
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718
#13FinzFan4lifePosted 7/28/2013 9:04:45 PM
sworder posted...

No 3.5 is reserved for OS with possibility of 1 being pulled from the 3.5 but since Sony sucks I wouldn't count it.
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#14Robtcee13Posted 7/28/2013 9:12:34 PM
RedFive3 posted...
It's fine. Most PC games don't even use 4 GB of ram.

Apparently, you don't actually play PC games. Sensible PC gamers have at least 8 GB RAM.
---
If you think my name is silly, you should call me either Rob or LaughingThesaurus.
No need for being strictly formal on a message board, right?
#15XenoMechaPosted 7/28/2013 9:12:35 PM
And I'm sure your sports heroes saw your sig and it inspired them to win it all this season.
---
PSN: Eternius00
#16ItIsOkBroPosted 7/28/2013 9:12:45 PM
FinzFan4life posted...
sworder posted...

No 3.5 is reserved for OS with possibility of 1 being pulled from the 3.5 but since Sony sucks I wouldn't count it.

No you're still wrong. Why do people who don't know what they're talking about even bother posting, gosh I'll never understand.
---
I'm wrong for the right.
#17Doofe_2013Posted 7/28/2013 9:15:53 PM
Robtcee13 posted...
RedFive3 posted...

Apparently, you don't actually play PC games. Sensible PC gamers have at least 8 GB RAM.

All considered, most games use only between 1-2GB, and the OS/processes using another 2GB, so 4GB to be safe and for whatever few games will actually take advantage of that.
---
Future Marine Infantry Officer... come at me, terrorists and liberals!
#18PsychoGatesPosted 7/28/2013 9:27:34 PM
Robtcee13 posted...
RedFive3 posted...

yeah 8 to rum the OS and processes in the background as well as games... kinda like the X1 and PS4...
#19PsychoGatesPosted 7/28/2013 9:28:52 PM
Doofe_2013 posted...
B-b-b-b-but the future! More games in the future will use more RAM!

"But Xbox 360 only had 512MB when most PC games at its release used 1-2GB"

B-b-b-b-bu

"But what? 5GB in 2013 will go a long way on a closed system."

B-b-b-b-b-but its not GDDR5!!!!!

"Okay? PC will actually be the limiting factor here; most PC gamers use DDR3, and Xbox One uses DDR3, so the chances of third party titles trying to work through the increased bandwidth but increased latency is low"

exactly, the GDDR5 is likely only to make a difference on the PS4 exclusives and not on multiplatform games.
#20SaintFC_Posted 7/28/2013 9:49:55 PM
Doofe_2013 posted...
Robtcee13 posted...
RedFive3 posted...

All considered, most games use only between 1-2GB, and the OS/processes using another 2GB, so 4GB to be safe and for whatever few games will actually take advantage of that.

You're naive if you think games won't use more RAM next gen. Sure they only 'need' one to two currently but they only 'needed' half that ten years ago. So on and so forth, games will be more resource intensive, just like they did last gen from the gen before.

To say otherwise is pretty misguided and flat out wrong.
---
'The average age of the UK gamer is now 35'
I'm the ghost in the machine, I'm the genius in the gene, I'm the beauty in the beast, I'm the sunset in the east .