What are your thoughts on the 3 gigs of RAM removal on the xbox one?

#21LOLKNlCKS(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 11:46:04 PM
Bump.
---
http://i.imgur.com/rQ4Qyli.jpg
Not changing this sig until Harden and D12 hold the nba title high in the sky!1!!
#22Millertime660Posted 7/28/2013 11:49:47 PM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
Better than the 3.5 taken away on PS4. Sony must really suck at software development if it takes them 3.5 gigs of ram to run Facebook...

I do agree that their OS looks like a news feed.... that seemed quite odd to me
#23FoppePosted 7/28/2013 11:52:44 PM
No console developer have ever had access to 100% of the RAM earlier, and they wont in the future.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#24RedFive3Posted 7/29/2013 12:12:14 AM
Robtcee13 posted...
RedFive3 posted...
It's fine. Most PC games don't even use 4 GB of ram.

Apparently, you don't actually play PC games. Sensible PC gamers have at least 8 GB RAM.

Apparently you have no clue of what you are talking about. I do play on PC and have never seen a game recommend over 6 gigs. 99% of games only recommend 4 or less.
---
I'm your huckleberry...
You spend nine months trying to get out, and the rest of your life trying to get back in.
#25NeoMonkPosted 7/29/2013 12:14:45 AM
5GB of ram IS THE FUTURE!
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#26a687947Posted 7/29/2013 1:11:14 AM(edited)
RedFive3 posted...
Robtcee13 posted...
RedFive3 posted...

Apparently, you don't actually play PC games. Sensible PC gamers have at least 8 GB RAM.

Apparently you have no clue of what you are talking about. I do play on PC and have never seen a game recommend over 6 gigs. 99% of games only recommend 4 or less.

optimum ram requirement for metro last light and crysis 3 is 8GB for both
#27JGA1980Posted 7/29/2013 1:16:37 AM
Better than the 3.5 taken away on PS4. Sony must really suck at software development if it takes them 3.5 gigs of ram to run Facebook...

Not true.

Sony are software development masters, they only choose to use Windows on all their laptops instead of their own, superior in-house Sony Operating System (SOS) because they're keeping it super secret until the release of the PS4, at which point they'll wow the world with their awesome SOS that is so awesome it needs 3.5GB just to contain it's awesomeness.

2014 is when the world changes. Sony will stop licensing windows on their laptops and unleash their own software genius on the world. Following suit, all computers and smart-phones will need a bare minimum of 4GB GDDR5 RAM just for the SOS, which will replace Windows, Android and IOS and cause the worldwide demand for GDDR5 RAM to sky-rocket, which in turn will cause Sony's profits to sky-rocket as they own GDDR5 RAM just like they own Blu-Ray.

Sony always wins.
#28DevilPhoenixPosted 7/29/2013 1:21:59 AM
Instead of hearing only 4.5 gigs of ram for the games which is plenty on a console, I hear 3.5 for Microsoft to run their Movies! TV! Sports!
#29RedFive3Posted 7/29/2013 1:23:13 AM
a687947 posted...
RedFive3 posted...
Robtcee13 posted...
RedFive3 posted...

optimum ram requirement for metro last light and crysis 3 is 8GB for both

Metro: LL

Recommended:
Processor: Any Quad Core or 3.0+ GHz Dual Core CPU
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: DirectX 11 compliant graphics card (GeForce GTX 480 and above)
DirectX: Version 11
Additional Notes: Metro: Last Light utilizes NVIDIA 3D Vision with compatible cards and hardware.

And Crysis 3 is 4 gigs.
---
I'm your huckleberry...
You spend nine months trying to get out, and the rest of your life trying to get back in.
#30ImThe8thWonderPosted 7/29/2013 1:36:39 AM

We have yet to get anyone calling that a confirmation. I don't think unnamed sources from Eurogamer is exactly credible.