What are your thoughts on the 3 gigs of RAM removal on the xbox one?

#41M1911A1Posted 8/1/2013 1:38:46 PM
Robtcee13 posted...
RedFive3 posted...
It's fine. Most PC games don't even use 4 GB of ram.

Apparently, you don't actually play PC games. Sensible PC gamers have at least 8 GB RAM.

LOl apparently neither do you. They may have 8GB of RAM in their system but the games aren't using that much. L2PC.
#42M1911A1Posted 8/1/2013 1:45:37 PM
Hi-performance system requirements for PC

Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8
Latest DirectX 11 graphics card
Latest quad core CPU
8GB Memory
Nvidia/Intel example setup: NVidia GTX 680, Intel Core i7-2600k
AMD example setup: AMD Radeon HD7970, AMD Bulldozer FX4150

both are 8GB

That optimum 8GB is total RAM recommended for your system. Not the amount utilized by the game. Their optimum specs take into account memory used by the OS and various other processes. If you really think Crysis or Metro: LL utilize all 8GB of memory then you need to take some basic computer hardware courses. Why don't you check task manager next time you run either of those games and come back and tell me the results. LOL. It's funny how many computer gamers think they are techs just because they game on the PC.
#43The_NightwingPosted 8/1/2013 1:56:34 PM
M1911A1 posted...
Robtcee13 posted...
RedFive3 posted...

Apparently, you don't actually play PC games. Sensible PC gamers have at least 8 GB RAM.

LOl apparently neither do you. They may have 8GB of RAM in their system but the games aren't using that much. L2PC.

Did you read his comment?
He said PC gamers have at least 8 GB RAM, meaning that the games don't use all of it, but they should have that much in the system.
#44M1911A1Posted 8/1/2013 2:05:18 PM
The_Nightwing posted...
M1911A1 posted...
Robtcee13 posted...
RedFive3 posted...

He said PC gamers have at least 8 GB RAM, meaning that the games don't use all of it, but they should have that much in the system.

If that's what he truly meant then why would he disagree with someone stating that most games don't utilize 4GB. The previous poster was not saying that a system should only have 4GB.
#45BSerenityPosted 8/1/2013 2:14:05 PM
N3xtG3nGam3r posted...
Having that much RAM for developers to work with, isnt always a good thing.

It just means developers that arent so talented, like Respawn Ent. (Developers of Titanfall) and Infinity Ward/Treyarch, can be much more lazy, and not have to optimize their code. Especially this early in these two consoles life.

Titanfall runs on the same game engine as the CoD series, just ''heavily'' modified, but i think saying ''heavily'' is putting it loosely.

They were having issues fitting everthing into memory, which is a complete joke. Look at the Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt. That game world takes 45 minutes from one side to the other--on horseback--and they seem to be chugging along nicely in their development cycle.

In Titanfalls defense however, they apparently were designing for the Xbox 360, and were too far along in their development, to completely scrap, and re-design a ''next-gen'' engine, or so they say. I personally think that anybody who has worked on any of the CoD titles, will bring nothing to the table in terms of gameplay, and especially graphics. Look how many CoD's were pushed out, with absolutely no graphical increase. Crysis 3 came out around the same time as BLOPS 2, and really, BLOPS 2 looks inferior to MW3.

Their excuse for Titanfall: We wanted to obtain 1080p, and a steady 60fps. Well...Battlefield 4 says ''Hi.'

As things go currently, 4GB of system ram on PC is sufficient, as long as you have a good GPU that sports 1-2GB of GDDR5.

Titanfall runs on a heavily modified version of the Source engine not the IW engine that CoD is notoriously known for..
---
La morte sgorga dalle mie dita... Non v'e dubbio, tale e il desiderio dell'ignobile; dannata innocenza!
#46Spetsnaz420Posted 8/1/2013 8:30:37 PM
JGA1980 posted...
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
Better than the 3.5 taken away on PS4. Sony must really suck at software development if it takes them 3.5 gigs of ram to run Facebook...

Not true.

Sony are software development masters, they only choose to use Windows on all their laptops instead of their own, superior in-house Sony Operating System (SOS) because they're keeping it super secret until the release of the PS4, at which point they'll wow the world with their awesome SOS that is so awesome it needs 3.5GB just to contain it's awesomeness.

2014 is when the world changes. Sony will stop licensing windows on their laptops and unleash their own software genius on the world. Following suit, all computers and smart-phones will need a bare minimum of 4GB GDDR5 RAM just for the SOS, which will replace Windows, Android and IOS and cause the worldwide demand for GDDR5 RAM to sky-rocket, which in turn will cause Sony's profits to sky-rocket as they own GDDR5 RAM just like they own Blu-Ray.

Sony always wins.

So you're Bizzaro TeeHee?
---
PSN: Spetsnaz420
#47FoppePosted 8/1/2013 10:58:15 PM
According to the July 2013 Steam Survey, only 24.86% had 8 GB RAM in their PC's.
64,4% had less than 8 GB RAM.

Just Saiyan.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#48a687947Posted 8/1/2013 11:24:53 PM(edited)
M1911A1 posted...
Hi-performance system requirements for PC

Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8
Latest DirectX 11 graphics card
Latest quad core CPU
8GB Memory
Nvidia/Intel example setup: NVidia GTX 680, Intel Core i7-2600k
AMD example setup: AMD Radeon HD7970, AMD Bulldozer FX4150

both are 8GB

That optimum 8GB is total RAM recommended for your system. Not the amount utilized by the game. Their optimum specs take into account memory used by the OS and various other processes. If you really think Crysis or Metro: LL utilize all 8GB of memory then you need to take some basic computer hardware courses. Why don't you check task manager next time you run either of those games and come back and tell me the results. LOL. It's funny how many computer gamers think they are techs just because they game on the PC.

I never said the games actually use 8GB of ram. I just posted the system requirements. The person I was replying to said that games never recommend more than 4GB, not that they actually use more than that. I don't think you have any room to be insulting anyone when you can't even comprehend what the conversation was about.
#49RedFive3Posted 8/1/2013 11:20:15 PM
The_Nightwing posted...
M1911A1 posted...
Robtcee13 posted...
RedFive3 posted...

I doubt that is what he meant.
---
I'm your huckleberry...
You spend nine months trying to get out, and the rest of your life trying to get back in.
#50Alienware4LifePosted 8/2/2013 1:48:36 AM
Already been confirmed games can use up to 7.5 GB ram if they want, the game just wont window when snapping to another OS...Sony Schills everywhere these days.
---
Check out my PC,360,ps3, Movie, Old School game vidoes http://www.youtube.com/user/EpicConspiracy?feature=mhee