Any word about being able to move the console with a disc inside of it?

#11HUIPosted 7/28/2013 9:31:27 PM
RiseAgainst546 posted...
Well because everything I own that plays disc, apart from the 360, can be moved while the disc is playing.

^ Then you certainly don't own anything that spins discs as fast as your 360. And that's a fact, Jack.

Fast spinning objects resist tilting, The faster they spin, the more they resist. It's a grade-school science-class universal law of physics. Not even Jesus can change that.
#12OkayPlayer1Posted 7/28/2013 9:31:42 PM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
RiseAgainst546 posted...
owens_terrell81 posted...
Who in the hell is dumb enough to move anything that plays discs while its on? Why would you even want to?

Well because everything I own that plays disc, apart from the 360, can be moved while the disc is playing.

So everything you own consists of an Xbox 360 and a Walkman?

Hahaha well played sir
#13bessy67Posted 7/28/2013 9:32:52 PM
RiseAgainst546 posted...
bessy67 posted...
User Name RiseAgainst546
User ID 5970586
Board User Level 20: New User (2)
Awarded to users with at least 20 Karma. Can create 10 topics, 75 messages per day. Can now mark messages for moderation and view own posting history.
Account Created Monday, November 29, 2010 12:17 AM
Last Visit Sunday, July 28, 2013 11:23 PM
Karma 34
Active Messages Posted 2

C'mon people, don't feed the trolls (or their alts).

You miss that part?

No. 32 karma in 2.5 years. Obvious alt is obvious.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#14FinzFan4lifePosted 7/28/2013 9:46:51 PM
RiseAgainst546 posted...
Personally, that was one of the biggest issues I had with the 360. Couldn't move the damn thing without scratching the disc inside it.

Any word if this issue will still plague the Xbone? Maybe this was the reason they were pushing the DRM? Being able to play the game without the disc inside would make this issue null, so maybe it does still exist?

No this had nothing to do with DRM why would you even think that
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#15LaManoNeraIIPosted 7/29/2013 5:27:04 AM
You would be fined for interfering with a classified government operation.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#16RiseAgainst546(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2013 5:02:01 PM
FinzFan4life posted...
RiseAgainst546 posted...
Personally, that was one of the biggest issues I had with the 360. Couldn't move the damn thing without scratching the disc inside it.

Any word if this issue will still plague the Xbone? Maybe this was the reason they were pushing the DRM? Being able to play the game without the disc inside would make this issue null, so maybe it does still exist?

Because with the DRM you didn't need the disc inside to play.
#17BudWisenheimerPosted 7/30/2013 6:53:57 PM
RiseAgainst546 posted...
FinzFan4life posted...
RiseAgainst546 posted...

Because with the DRM you didn't need the disc inside to play.

Two separate issues. Blu-ray spins slower than DVD. Too slow for many games this gen and far too slow for games next gen. So mandatory installs it is.

So yes ... It's possible that like the slower PS3 you might be able to move the PS4 and Xbone without shattering the disc inside. Neither of them spin discs as fast as the 360. The earlier post is right. This is grade school science. High speed spinning doesn't like you tilting.

#18NormnStansfieldPosted 7/30/2013 6:56:01 PM
that's not funny. I just scratched the crap out of my non goaty oblivion by moving my 360.

I don' t know what I was thinking.
---
the artist formerly known as southe03 and southe05.
Currently playing: Baldur's Gate 2; Zelda Twilight Princess, and Chrono Trigger