So, how many people will have to return their X1 due to the one time internet?

#1SnoicFactorPosted 7/28/2013 9:23:04 PM
Wii U had an update at launch, but it wasn't mandatory. You were left without features, but you could still play any game. It's still like that. For me it isn't a problem with the X1, but I know a lot of people who simply do not have internet access. For different reasons. I guess the right thing to do would be employees letting the customers know.. But, I don't expect that to happen most of the time.
---
nt
#2SnoicFactor(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 9:23:50 PM
perhaps Microsoft could add a disk with the update in the box?
---
nt
#3bessy67Posted 7/28/2013 9:25:20 PM
Honestly, where do you live where you don't know a single person with broadband, or a 4G hotspot, or a phone that they can tether?
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#4lilj812Posted 7/28/2013 9:29:34 PM
bessy67 posted...
Honestly, where do you live where you don't know a single person with broadband, or a 4G hotspot, or a phone that they can tether?

Probably in America. Where do you live that every single person has a way of connecting to the Internet in their home? That place must be nice and the internet must be free.
---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
#5BudWisenheimerPosted 7/28/2013 9:32:40 PM
SnoicFactor posted...
I guess the right thing to do would be employees letting the customers know.

Don't most retail stores that sell game consoles offer an Internet connection for just such circumstances?

#6cpcjlc3Posted 7/28/2013 9:33:59 PM
Considering all the press the internet connection requirement has gotten and that most people do at least a bit of research before spending $500, I'm guessing that almost no one will be returning it due to not having internet and not knowing that requirement.

What I do suspect is the intent of this thread is to rehash an already much debated and mostly moved-on-from topic in a poor attempt to bring negative attention to a console that has plenty of legatimate reasons to incur negative comments.
#7gzus_ADPosted 7/28/2013 9:34:19 PM
BudWisenheimer posted...
SnoicFactor posted...
I guess the right thing to do would be employees letting the customers know.

Don't most retail stores that sell game consoles offer an Internet connection for just such circumstances?

That sounds like a hassle. But yeah, unless you live in the boonies, it should be a non-issue.
---
[PSN]: stray_dog_strut // Latest ink: http://imgur.com/wTIEDNJ
End all war now // I write @ http://writersbloq.com/frank-noh
#8doc1369Posted 7/28/2013 9:48:24 PM
lilj812 posted...
bessy67 posted...

Probably in America. Where do you live that every single person has a way of connecting to the Internet in their home? That place must be nice and the internet must be free.

Have to admit, it is pretty sweet.
---
If you believe that Jesus wants 100% compensation proudly put this in your sig.
#9pigman2003Posted 7/29/2013 1:08:44 AM
They probably put a disclaimer on the box. Everyone too stupid to read is getting a PS4 anyway so it won't matter.

You got XBONED!!!
#10Doofe_2013Posted 7/29/2013 1:16:54 AM
I highly doubt someone without internet is going to be a launch purchaser. Jeez, common sense.
---
Future Marine Infantry Officer... come at me, terrorists and liberals!