So, how many people will have to return their X1 due to the one time internet?

#11danny50Posted 7/29/2013 3:01:08 AM
I predict an X1 WatchDog appearance shortly after release in the UK.
You people have to understand that general consumers are both stupid, and love to complain.
#12Joey-ZazaPosted 7/29/2013 5:36:33 AM
I live in New Jersey, and all my neighbors have internet. Rent is high and everyone drives decent cars.

It's actually weird to me that people argue about lack of internet.

It's like a different world here or something.
---
"I guess you could say I BLUE... myself!" - Tobias Funke
#13ACx7Posted 7/29/2013 6:07:44 AM
lilj812 posted...
bessy67 posted...
Honestly, where do you live where you don't know a single person with broadband, or a 4G hotspot, or a phone that they can tether?

Probably in America. Where do you live that every single person has a way of connecting to the Internet in their home? That place must be nice and the internet must be free.

I live in America and I don't know a single person that doesn't have at least DSL internet..
#14L96A1BOSSPosted 7/29/2013 6:12:18 AM
bessy67 posted...
Honestly, where do you live where you don't know a single person with broadband, or a 4G hotspot, or a phone that they can tether?

how old are you to come up with that stupid logic?
#15L96A1BOSSPosted 7/29/2013 6:14:14 AM
cpcjlc3 posted...
Considering all the press the internet connection requirement has gotten and that most people do at least a bit of research before spending $500, I'm guessing that almost no one will be returning it due to not having internet and not knowing that requirement.

What I do suspect is the intent of this thread is to rehash an already much debated and mostly moved-on-from topic in a poor attempt to bring negative attention to a console that has plenty of legatimate reasons to incur negative comments.

This topic is the least of M$ problems. they have that launch day backlash coming.
#16bessy67Posted 7/29/2013 6:15:15 AM
L96A1BOSS posted...
bessy67 posted...

how old are you to come up with that stupid logic?

So you honestly have no way to connect to the internet for a one time update, whether through your own means or through a friend/someone you know? OK...
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#17MrSpaM111Posted 7/29/2013 6:17:20 AM
The sensible thing would be to allow people to use the shop's wifi to set the console up before you take it home, but we are talking about companies that have done nothing but derp for the past 8 months
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#18Ninja_GaignunPosted 7/29/2013 6:19:49 AM
I live in an apartment complex, there are 3 weak wireless signals that are all locked.

It would cost me $25 a month for 2 gigs of hotspot data on my phone.

And since my phone does everything I need internet for already, I'll be skipping Xbox One until it releases with the patch already installed.
---
Don't read this sig. I TOLD YOU TO STOP! Why are you still reading?
#19HypnoCooshPosted 7/29/2013 6:23:29 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
The sensible thing would be to allow people to use the shop's wifi to set the console up before you take it home, but we are talking about companies that have done nothing but derp for the past 8 months

The whole scenario seems unlikely to purchase a $500 console and have no access to the internet for 5 minutes, anywhere. But in my opinion the sensible thing to do is provide a $0.10 disc with the patch on it with the launch units, or at least send some discs out to the vendors if people need them. Or better yet don't buy a lunch system and wait.

Doesn't seem that hard to me.
---
You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~F.Nietzsche~
#20MrSpaM111Posted 7/29/2013 7:08:10 AM
HypnoCoosh posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...

The whole scenario seems unlikely to purchase a $500 console and have no access to the internet for 5 minutes, anywhere. But in my opinion the sensible thing to do is provide a $0.10 disc with the patch on it with the launch units, or at least send some discs out to the vendors if people need them. Or better yet don't buy a lunch system and wait.

Doesn't seem that hard to me.

5 minutes? how do you know the launch patch isn't 10gb in size?
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628