So, how many people will have to return their X1 due to the one time internet?

#21ILikesCheesePosted 7/29/2013 1:07:25 PM
bessy67 posted...
L96A1BOSS posted...
bessy67 posted...
Honestly, where do you live where you don't know a single person with broadband, or a 4G hotspot, or a phone that they can tether?

how old are you to come up with that stupid logic?

So you honestly have no way to connect to the internet for a one time update, whether through your own means or through a friend/someone you know? OK...

I live in the states, but I'm also am wise enough to know that America is not the World.

This is for you bessy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QON6SSMLcC8
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#22BrokenTuskPosted 7/31/2013 11:06:18 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
HypnoCoosh posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...
The sensible thing would be to allow people to use the shop's wifi to set the console up before you take it home, but we are talking about companies that have done nothing but derp for the past 8 months

The whole scenario seems unlikely to purchase a $500 console and have no access to the internet for 5 minutes, anywhere. But in my opinion the sensible thing to do is provide a $0.10 disc with the patch on it with the launch units, or at least send some discs out to the vendors if people need them. Or better yet don't buy a lunch system and wait.

Doesn't seem that hard to me.

5 minutes? how do you know the launch patch isn't 10gb in size?

Because 10GB is a ridiculous size for a launch patch
---
HK-47: Can I break his neck now master? It's been a long time fantasy of mine. You: Maybe later..
HK-47: Did you hear that meatbag? "I'LL BE BACK!"
#23Juzten76Posted 7/31/2013 11:07:38 AM
cpcjlc3 posted...
Considering all the press the internet connection requirement has gotten and that most people do at least a bit of research before spending $500, I'm guessing that almost no one will be returning it due to not having internet and not knowing that requirement.

What I do suspect is the intent of this thread is to rehash an already much debated and mostly moved-on-from topic in a poor attempt to bring negative attention to a console that has plenty of legatimate reasons to incur negative comments.

Sounds about right. It's what they do.
#24Juzten76Posted 7/31/2013 11:10:23 AM
I live in middle class america and I don't know one person who doesn't have internet. My 80 year old grandmother even has it. That number is only going to continue rising. In 5 years people without internet will be like people without power.
#25Evel138Posted 7/31/2013 11:28:10 AM
How many early adopters are going to shell out $500 for a new system and not have internet access?
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Mad Moxxi
http://fav.me/d5g9oo0
#26LovecraftiangodPosted 7/31/2013 11:31:03 AM
pigman2003 posted...
They probably put a disclaimer on the box. Everyone too stupid to read is getting a Xbox one anyway so it won't matter.

You got XBONED!!!

Fixed
---
PSN kolobos212 The time has come when the normal revolt against time,space, and matter H.P. Lovecraft
#27zeroalphamaxPosted 7/31/2013 8:46:02 PM
Ninja_Gaignun posted...
I live in an apartment complex, there are 3 weak wireless signals that are all locked.

It would cost me $25 a month for 2 gigs of hotspot data on my phone.

And since my phone does everything I need internet for already, I'll be skipping Xbox One until it releases with the patch already installed.

Theres this app called FoxFi,it lets you tether without paying charges to the company-I use it all the time to connect my nexus to the net when im not at home
#28Masterchief5525Posted 7/31/2013 9:08:15 PM
SnoicFactor posted...
perhaps Microsoft could add a disk with the update in the box?

^This
#29chareyPosted 7/31/2013 10:14:20 PM
Juzten76 posted...
I live in middle class america and I don't know one person who doesn't have internet. My 80 year old grandmother even has it. That number is only going to continue rising. In 5 years people without internet will be like people without power.
There are towns in the US where you cannot get high speed internet at all, it isn't a lack of money it's that the ISPs don't want to put out the cable to make it available.
---
I won't have it! I'm not having anyone talk about me in
the past tense! ~Squall Leonhart
#30BansheeNTDmodePosted 7/31/2013 10:27:04 PM
My college, starbucks, and mc donalds all give free internet. Even a thirld world country like somalia has internet. Dude where do you? On the moon?