Next Fight Night. Whose camera system would be better? XB1 Kinect or PS4 Eye?

#1jnv11Posted 7/29/2013 2:40:50 PM
Whose camera system would you think would be better for EA's Fight Night? I believe that the Kinect for the Xbox One is a single 1920x1080 camera and the PS4's Eye attachment is dual 1280x720 cameras. If you wanted your boxer to mimic what you are doing as much as is practical, which one do you think would be easier for EA to accomplish this with?

Please correct me if I am wrong with the specs.

I looked at the Fight Night boards and they are dead, so I am asking this here and in the PS4 board.
#2lilj812Posted 7/29/2013 2:42:31 PM
The Spycam of course. It wants to know everything about you and give it back to M$ and the NSA.
---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
#3ElPolloDiablo87Posted 7/29/2013 2:42:59 PM
Kinect is way more advanced than PS eye.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#4METALINGUS5150Posted 7/29/2013 2:45:16 PM
Well I honestly need more details on both before I can make my decision.
#5GeneMopePosted 7/29/2013 2:55:56 PM
Kinect 2, for sure. but i'd much rather play the next Fight Night with a controller... trigger rumble!
---
I >_< logistics
#6JGA1980Posted 7/29/2013 4:35:25 PM(edited)
The Xbox One and Kinect, since you're only going to want to use it to scan yourself into the game as a custom boxer using EA's latest iteration of Game Face (which will probably be optimised to take advantage of the Kinect's features), but then you'll want to actually play the game with the controller, although using Kinect for the post-round mini-games like applying ice to your fighter's bruised face and treating their cuts could be good, just like it could also be a preferable control method for the post knock-down QTE.
I'd rather use my arms to mimic 'wax-on wax-off' than bash buttons or swivel the analogue sticks to make my fighter beat the count.

Because the Kinect will be mandatory for the Xbox One and EA has a guarantee that every Xbox One owner will have one, I can see the Game Face feature in the XBox One version of Fight Night being a lot more in-depth than it would be on the PS4 (with extra features such as greater skeletal and skin texture recognition), whereas there is no guarantee than PS4 owners will even be able to use it properly, so EA will probably save themselves a lot of work and just dust off the current gen Game Face program for the PS4 version.

Mandatory Kinect means EA will be able to pull out the stops and really showcase what Game Face can do on the Xbox One and make it the superior version.
#7jnv11(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2013 8:01:40 PM
I personally was expecting the PS4 Eye to have the advantage because two cameras could be used to calculate the distance something is from the cameras and get 3D vision, so that it would be easier to see if the player is blocking, parrying, or punching much easier and more accurate.

Does anyone know if the Kinect has anykind of depth sensing? If so, and if the depth sensor had high enough resolution, the Kinect would be better than the PS4 Eye. If not, the PS4 Eye could be better.
#8sworderPosted 7/29/2013 8:06:09 PM(edited)
The first Kinect wasn't very good at depth perception, this one probably won't be either. Might be improved but there's no way it can beat the 2 cameras in PS4 Eye

However, does depth really matter? You don't need to extend your entire arm to punch, just moving your fist a couple inches is probably enough for it to detect the command
#9ElPolloDiablo87Posted 7/29/2013 8:07:16 PM
jnv11 posted...
I personally was expecting the PS4 Eye to have the advantage because two cameras could be used to calculate the distance something is from the cameras and get 3D vision, so that it would be easier to see if the player is blocking, parrying, or punching much easier and more accurate.

Does anyone know if the Kinect has anykind of depth sensing? If so, and if the depth sensor had high enough resolution, the Kinect would be better than the PS4 Eye. If not, the PS4 Eye could be better.

Yep, kinect can track up to 6 people simultaneously in 3D. Here's a short video showing a kinect tech demo. Skip to the 3 minute mark for the muscle force and punch force part, which would be especially relevant to a boxing game.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#10chrisromans123Posted 7/29/2013 8:13:15 PM
Do people really care about either one?
---
XDAO Romans