XBox One *Will* Ship With a Microphone

#1CapnStankyPosted 7/29/2013 5:02:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KL5JUCuvlPY#at=31
#2Ramsus082Posted 7/29/2013 5:04:35 PM
"Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down, never gonna turn around, and HURT YOU!!!"
#3NeoMonkPosted 7/29/2013 5:05:40 PM
Obviously they just won the next gen war.
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#4CapnStanky(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2013 5:07:00 PM
NeoMonk posted...
Obviously they just won the next gen war.

Mmmmm dat salt
#5MrImpatient35Posted 7/29/2013 5:07:56 PM
I had to watch that twice. Seems legit. Why is this the first I'm hearing of this? Thanks TC.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Battlefield 4 are already a done deal!
#6CyhortI82Posted 7/29/2013 5:10:35 PM
That guy in the video is the least charismatic person I've ever seen.
---
TheTygerfire is the love of my life.
I love DLC :) Story>gameplay>>>graphics.
#7Reel_Big_MikePosted 7/29/2013 5:11:08 PM
That's great news. Saves me $25. The controller and play and charge going up $10 is a total non-issue though. I have no problem accepting that these items will cost a little more than they did 8 years ago.
---
Note to GFAQs mods: You do an absolutely terrible job at modding trolling. Get better at it and give harsher punishments for it.
#8Soar2344Posted 7/29/2013 5:11:08 PM
CapnStanky posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KL5JUCuvlPY#at=31

I'll give you a Ps4 because I want you to own both. I'll throw in a WiiU also.
---
A scattered dream that's like a far-off memory... a far-off memory that's like a scattered dream... i want to line the pieces up... yours and mine.
#9ElPolloDiablo87Posted 7/29/2013 5:11:09 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
"Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down, never gonna turn around, and HURT YOU!!!"

lol, the sony pony trying to get people to believe it's a Rick roll. Don't listen to this idiot, the link is legit.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#10CapnStanky(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2013 5:11:15 PM
MrImpatient35 posted...
I had to watch that twice. Seems legit. Why is this the first I'm hearing of this? Thanks TC.

At Neogaf we've been talking to the designer of the controller, and he indicated yesterday that this was coming.

Here's all his quotes about the features and decisions behind those features of the controller:

We will have an adapter available that will allow you to use your older wired headsets on Xbox One.

The setup may be different depending on what unit you have (I'm not familiar with every different 3rd party Headset), but the ones that use SPDIF are fine. If you use the analog RCA-style outputs, you'll need to connect that to your analog TV-out since Xbox One only has HDMI and SPDIF.

That adapter, of course, will also support the current chat headsets.

Since I know people will ask - the reason we will have an adapter is because we completely redesigned the Wi-Fi protocol and audio pipeline in X1 (as stated in my previous post) so we could support better chat and game audio than 360.

PC Support: Stay tuned. I'm checking when we're going to be talking about that and I'll get back to you all. I know it's on people's minds.

X1 Controller transmits data when plugged in, unlike the 360 version. So it effectively acts like a wired controller, which is why there is not a separate wired version.

The entire architecture for audio and wireless is different on X1 vs. 360. We wanted several features upgraded from 360, including support for more devices, better audio quality, and improved data bandwidth. This is why the old controllers are not backwards compatible. We'll also be able to transmit stereo audio from the console directly via wireless, so no need for complex headphone systems like you have today.

We made several changes to the d-pad during the life of 360, but one of the problems is the fundamental design of the d-pad made the pivot very long. For the new controller, we completely re-designed the d-pad to bring the mechanical connection to the d-pad to the top, so you're going to see a dramatic improvement in performance and feel.

We literally improved every ergonomic aspect of the controller vs. 360, and yet it will feel completely natural for people used to the current one. My first job when I got on the Xbox team was to kick-off the program for the S controller (codenamed Akebono internally). I've worked on every controller since. This thing guys, honestly, is remarkable. I love it. Can't wait for you to get your hands on it.

Battery life and charging time will be announced later. We're going through final testing on all those things before we publish the specs, but expect most of the critical aspects to remain very close to 360.