XBox One *Will* Ship With a Microphone

#11CapnStanky(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2013 5:11:38 PM
Internal rechargeable vs. replaceable AAA was a decision we didn't take lightly.

In the end - both solutions have advantages. FOR US, we believe that you have slightly more flexibility when the batteries can come out. You can replace them, have a second set ready if you forget, etc.

For people who game A LOT, you guys are more likely to keep everything charged. If the controllers sit idle, for people who play less frequently, OR for people who game A LOT, having the ability to just swap out batteries is better.

That's how we thought about it, anyway.

It's how we did it with Xbox 360 and we felt it still worked today. I can tell you we debated both sides.

So you know - there is nothing shared between the X1 controller and X360. Even though they look similar, we completely reconstructed the entire thing. Seriously, I can't say this enough... I can't wait for people to get their hands on it. Once you start playing, you'll never be able to go back to the 360 controller, it's feels that good.

RE: Wireless Headsets. Stay tuned. We can't ship everything at launch!

RE: Price of Adapter. Dunno yet - pricing usually doesn't get announced until closer to launch.

RE: Headset in the box. All I can say is: We have heard the feedback.
#12Webmaster4531Posted 7/29/2013 5:12:14 PM
CyhortI82 posted...
That guy in the video is the least charismatic person I've ever seen.

Really? Youtube is full of people who are much worse.
---
Ad Hominem.
#13sworderPosted 7/29/2013 5:13:15 PM
Until it updates on Microsoft's website, I'd take whatever IGN says with a grain of salt
#14Ryan-06Posted 7/29/2013 5:14:45 PM
Prices for various Xbox One accessories have been revealed, and they're more than Xbox 360's.

Woo more good news! Keep milking me MS.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth.
KamenHentai - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TozprFrnn10
#15MrImpatient35Posted 7/29/2013 5:15:50 PM
I was happy about the new headset all along because I've gone through at least 4 headsets. I thought they were broken or something because the audio would either cut out pretty often, or it would sound muffled. From what I've read about the new headset, it has much improved audio quality.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Battlefield 4 are already a done deal!
#16CyhortI82Posted 7/29/2013 5:17:08 PM
Webmaster4531 posted...
CyhortI82 posted...
That guy in the video is the least charismatic person I've ever seen.

Really? Youtube is full of people who are much worse.

I don't usually watch YouTube videos with people in them. I'm sure there are worse, just none I've ever seen. I'm mostly surprised they let that guy in front of a camera even for a short thing like that.
---
TheTygerfire is the love of my life.
I love DLC :) Story>gameplay>>>graphics.
#17BudWisenheimerPosted 7/29/2013 5:19:41 PM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
Ramsus082 posted...
"Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down, never gonna turn around, and HURT YOU!!!"

lol, the sony pony trying to get people to believe it's a Rick roll. Don't listen to this idiot, the link is legit.

Heh. That's not at all how I interpreted that.
#18BudWisenheimerPosted 7/29/2013 5:21:40 PM
CapnStanky posted...
"XBox One *Will* Ship With a Microphone"

Correction: FIVE microphones. ;-)
#19NeoMonkPosted 7/29/2013 5:23:19 PM
BudWisenheimer posted...
CapnStanky posted...

factual BURN!
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#20CapnStanky(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2013 5:40:57 PM
BudWisenheimer posted...
CapnStanky posted...

5...that you know of.