I've been feeling depressed lately. Convince me that X1 is worth waiting for

#1Snoop DogPosted 7/29/2013 9:10:08 PM
I won't be getting the PS4 until X-Mas comes along, and I need something to look forward to. My ex was my first love, and still, years later, I cannot come to grips with the reality that we will never hold hands again. Every damn song reminds me of her. Every word I write reminds me that she is out there, with someone else. She cheated on me with her best friend. It was the worst night I've ever been through.

Gaming has always been a conduit to relief, a passageway to solace and comfort. I love gaming; I think videogames are such an underrated medium of aesthetics. With this new generation, there comes much potential, or I'm hoping it does.

I want to want to look forward to something.

Convince me that Xbox One is good enough to provide sanctuary to a soul littered with blank checks and unrelenting poetry of anguish.
---
Bob Dylan is the best songwriter of all time and its really not that close
#2CuteButtShyPosted 7/29/2013 9:11:23 PM
How did you find out?
---
MMMMMWWWWWWWMMMMMMMM MMMMMWWWWWWWMMMMMMWM MMMMMWWWWWWWMMMMMMWM MMMMMWWWWWWWMMMMMMMM MMMMMWWWWWWWMMMMMMWM MMMMMWWWWMMMWM
#3Snoop Dog(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2013 9:14:15 PM
She called me, drunk and under the influence of other drugs, crying and with regret, and told me immediately after it happened. Her best friend was a girl.

That night we broke up.
---
#4ADGeistPosted 7/29/2013 9:14:19 PM
Snoop Dog posted...
I won't be getting the PS4 until X-Mas comes along, and I need something to look forward to. My ex was my first love, and still, years later, I cannot come to grips with the reality that we will never hold hands again. Every damn song reminds me of her. Every word I write reminds me that she is out there, with someone else. She cheated on me with her best friend. It was the worst night I've ever been through.

Gaming has always been a conduit to relief, a passageway to solace and comfort. I love gaming; I think videogames are such an underrated medium of aesthetics. With this new generation, there comes much potential, or I'm hoping it does.

Convince me that Xbox One is good enough to provide sanctuary to a soul littered with blank checks and unrelenting poetry of anguish.

dude there are like 4000000000 women on this planet seriously...get over her and man up go watch Blue mountain state and feel better
#5lilj812Posted 7/29/2013 9:15:59 PM
Forget gaming for the time being. Google "plenty of fish", go online, and talk to a couple girls if you are shy about going out and about and picking up girls on the street.

Find a girl with similar interests and that your attracted to, talk to her for a while, and you'll find that your thoughts will revolve around this new girl more than your ex.

Btw, what comes around, goes around. One day she may want to be with you again, but you'll already have this new girl in your arms. And you'll have to make a choice, this new girl, or this girl who cheated on me.

Thats when your mind will truly be free. Trust me, the day will come when you will have the choice of taking her back. Just make sure you say no.
---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
#6IzunaDrop1990Posted 7/29/2013 9:16:22 PM
I dont know if this helps, but Scotch always helped me.
---
Perhaps...I am a ghost?
Zelda, greatest franchise bar none.
#7Snoop Dog(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2013 9:17:11 PM
ADGeist posted...
Snoop Dog posted...

dude there are like 4000000000 women on this planet seriously...get over her and man up go watch Blue mountain state and feel better

I know; the logistics bother me too. The chances that she and I were more compatible than I and any other woman is farcical at best. It's just, I don't know; no amount of time seems to heal the wound. My brother loves that show; he lives a hedonistic lifestyle himself. I am not sure I would relate.
---
#8Snoop Dog(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2013 9:22:27 PM
lilj812 posted...
Forget gaming for the time being. Google "plenty of fish", go online, and talk to a couple girls if you are shy about going out and about and picking up girls on the street.

Find a girl with similar interests and that your attracted to, talk to her for a while, and you'll find that your thoughts will revolve around this new girl more than your ex.

Btw, what comes around, goes around. One day she may want to be with you again, but you'll already have this new girl in your arms. And you'll have to make a choice, this new girl, or this girl who cheated on me.

Thats when your mind will truly be free. Trust me, the day will come when you will have the choice of taking her back. Just make sure you say no.

I have frequented that site before; it isn't a bad way of meeting new people, but I think in that department I have exhausted my resources. Do you know of another dating site?

I keep hoping that someday she'll want another go around; but life doesn't ever seem to be as romantic as poetry.

I have no job, I'm 21, with an associates degree, and still going for my bachelor's.

You really think I'll ever have the strength to say no to her? I cannot fathom a scenario in which I wouldn't accept her back, regardless of how painful that night was.
---
#9Snoop Dog(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2013 9:23:40 PM
IzunaDrop1990 posted...
I dont know if this helps, but Scotch always helped me.

I'm not much of a drinker. Alcohol always hurt my throat.

I prefer the other popular intoxicant.
---
#10NeoMonkPosted 7/29/2013 9:24:00 PM
It isn't worth the wait... life is... and it's right in front of you!
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator