backward compatibility would make me buy the x1

#1CasualGamersPosted 7/30/2013 9:30:49 AM
I am not a fan of they spy capabilities of the X1, but I could always just unplug the console after I am done using it. Easy fix. Don't know why everyone is making a big deal about it.

But the deal breaker is backward compatibility.

I skipped the entire 7th gen and missed out on a lot of games.

but I should not have to buy two consoles. the consumer should not have to bend over backwards for large corporations. It should be the other way around.

maybe they will flip on this?
#2ElPolloDiablo87Posted 7/30/2013 9:48:16 AM
They won't flip on this. The console's architecture makes it impossible for 360 games to work without porting/emulation. Maybe they'll eventually let you purchase digital copies of ported 360 games (like the Xbox Originals on 360), but I wouldn't hold my breath for true backwards compatibility on either the Xbox One or PS4.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#3TightNinjaPosted 7/30/2013 9:52:41 AM
I would buy an X1 if it was full BC as well.
---
GOD PWNS ALL!!!!!!!!
PS One Cloud = awesome Xbox One Cloud
#4Joey-ZazaPosted 7/30/2013 9:53:07 AM
Doubtful. But at some point like 5-10 years down the line you'll be able to purchase "retro" 360 games for like $4 on the One's Dashboard. Either that, or emulate them on your computer. By then, technology will have evolved that even your crappy computer can handle a 360 game.
---
"I guess you could say I BLUE... myself!" - Tobias Funke
#5BudWisenheimerPosted 7/30/2013 9:56:06 AM
CasualGamers posted...
I skipped the entire 7th gen and missed out on a lot of games. but I should not have to buy two consoles. the consumer should not have to bend over backwards for large corporations. It should be the other way around.

Wow. Is THIS what Michael Pachter is referring to when he says "entitled" ?

#6Doofe_2013Posted 7/30/2013 9:58:09 AM
"I shouldn't have to get a system to play that system's games, even though comprehensive BC was really only a thing for one generation."
---
Future Marine Infantry Officer... come at me, terrorists and liberals!
#7SheepinatorPosted 7/30/2013 10:00:43 AM
"I skipped the entire 7th gen and missed out on a lot of games. but I should not have to buy two consoles"

Simple. Buy $200 360 to play years worth of games you've missed. At some future point, buy XB1 after discounts.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#8scoobydoobydontPosted 7/30/2013 10:55:14 AM
CasualGamers posted...
But the deal breaker is backward compatibility.

100% agree, but I don't think they'll flip. Good news is, we both save $500. Always look at the briiight siiide of life... *whistles*
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png
#9a_fartn_SpartanPosted 7/30/2013 11:16:07 AM
Right now I pretty much view PS4/X1 on the same level, and I have a 360 but not a PS3. The convenience of backwards compatibility plus the amount I'd get for selling my 360 would be worth $100, especially if I could use 360 controllers for X1 games or vice versa. I would have no doubt in my mind that I'll be getting an X1 if it had backwards compatibility.
---
Battletoads, Killer Instinct, GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini, DK Country, Diddy Racing, Banjo, Conker.
Rare, you will be missed.
#10CyhortI82Posted 7/30/2013 11:17:43 AM
BudWisenheimer posted...
CasualGamers posted...
I skipped the entire 7th gen and missed out on a lot of games. but I should not have to buy two consoles. the consumer should not have to bend over backwards for large corporations. It should be the other way around.

Wow. Is THIS what Michael Pachter is referring to when he says "entitled" ?

No, he's basically just an idiot who thinks that a company is somehow responsible for a dumb choice he made and regrets.
---
TheTygerfire is the love of my life.
I love DLC :) Story>gameplay>>>graphics.