backward compatibility would make me buy the x1

#11The_DOAMPosted 7/30/2013 11:21:12 AM
BC would be the definitive answer on which console to buy this gen for many people. I'm still undecided but leaning towards just going straight up PC but if the ONE had BC it would be my console of choice.

In fact due to neither the PS4 or ONE having BC it makes changing systems extremely easy as there is nothing tying you down to one system or the other. So regardless of what you have no their is absolutely no reason to go with either Microsoft or Sony so switching to PC is all the more easier.
---
Ignorance is Bliss...
#12CasualGamers(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2013 11:57:31 AM
CyhortI82 posted...
BudWisenheimer posted...
CasualGamers posted...
I skipped the entire 7th gen and missed out on a lot of games. but I should not have to buy two consoles. the consumer should not have to bend over backwards for large corporations. It should be the other way around.

Wow. Is THIS what Michael Pachter is referring to when he says "entitled" ?

No, he's basically just an idiot who thinks that a company is somehow responsible for a dumb choice he made and regrets.

Lol. Please don't tell me you take anything Patcher says seriously. That guy has been wrong so many times that it is not even funny anymore.

companies should produce products for consumers with features that they want, such as backwards compatibility. If they don't then it is our own fault was it doesn't sell or lose market share. They should be vying for my dollars, not me submitting to their will. people here have the wrong definition of entitlement.
#13RybalPosted 7/30/2013 1:33:13 PM
Umm - you skipped it for 7 years and then you blame THE COMPANY for not letting you play games you missed on their new console? That seems to be your choice.

It is also something that should have been expected after the cost that it added to the last generation of consoles. If the consoles were based on the same architecture as the previous generation, BC would be easy; however, they are not, so it can't currently be done outside of including appropriate hardware in every machine.
#14DQAbelPosted 7/30/2013 2:28:31 PM
Rybal posted...
Umm - you skipped it for 7 years and then you blame THE COMPANY for not letting you play games you missed on their new console? That seems to be your choice.

It is also something that should have been expected after the cost that it added to the last generation of consoles. If the consoles were based on the same architecture as the previous generation, BC would be easy; however, they are not, so it can't currently be done outside of including appropriate hardware in every machine.

something about always online being an integral part of the One's hardware something blah blah.
---
Dont buy unfinished games. wait for GOTY editions or super versions.
#15CyhortI82Posted 7/30/2013 2:45:04 PM
CasualGamers posted...
CyhortI82 posted...
BudWisenheimer posted...
CasualGamers posted...
I skipped the entire 7th gen and missed out on a lot of games. but I should not have to buy two consoles. the consumer should not have to bend over backwards for large corporations. It should be the other way around.

No, he's basically just an idiot who thinks that a company is somehow responsible for a dumb choice he made and regrets.

Lol. Please don't tell me you take anything Patcher says seriously. That guy has been wrong so many times that it is not even funny anymore.

companies should produce products for consumers with features that they want, such as backwards compatibility. If they don't then it is our own fault was it doesn't sell or lose market share. They should be vying for my dollars, not me submitting to their will. people here have the wrong definition of entitlement.

Exactly. Which is why I said you weren't entitled. I said you were an idiot who made a stupid decision and for some inexplicable reason thinks it's a companies fault.

I guess we can add "reading comprehension" to the list of things you need to brush up on.
---
TheTygerfire is the love of my life.
I love DLC :) Story>gameplay>>>graphics.
#16Mr_arizonaPosted 7/30/2013 2:48:19 PM
CasualGamers posted...

I'm sure the choice of no backwards compatibility was not made in spite of the consumer. Most polls based on #1 thing you want next gen was backwards compatibility and both companies couldn't do it knowing it would be a big move in their favor. Also they are in favor of people buying up all the games from last gen which only adds to their bottom line.

The PS4 and X1 use way different architecture and gizmos that simply making them compatible is not an option. The may do an emulation system like the 360 did for the Original Xbox but there may be issues making the games unplayable that we don't know.

Once the X1 and PS4 launch you should be able to get a 360/PS4 for relatively cheap plus all those back catalog games will be dirt cheap when you want to buy them.
---
http://i.imgur.com/HLzCM.gif
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/9286/tennisskirtblow.gif
#17NewMoonShadowPosted 7/30/2013 3:29:59 PM
Joey-Zaza posted...
Doubtful. But at some point like 5-10 years down the line you'll be able to purchase "retro" 360 games for like $4 on the One's Dashboard. Either that, or emulate them on your computer. By then, technology will have evolved that even your crappy computer can handle a 360 game.

We hit the point where a cheap-ass Wal-Mart computer can run XBox 360 games a long time ago.
#18BudWisenheimerPosted 7/30/2013 3:34:59 PM
CyhortI82 posted...
CasualGamers posted...
CyhortI82 posted...
BudWisenheimer posted...
CasualGamers posted...

Exactly. Which is why I said you weren't entitled. I said you were an idiot who made a stupid decision and for some inexplicable reason thinks it's a companies fault.

I guess we can add "reading comprehension" to the list of things you need to brush up on.

Yeah ... Neither did I actually. But I still wonder if this fits Pachter's definition.

#19SheepinatorPosted 7/30/2013 4:37:30 PM
NewMoonShadow posted...
Joey-Zaza posted...
Doubtful. But at some point like 5-10 years down the line you'll be able to purchase "retro" 360 games for like $4 on the One's Dashboard. Either that, or emulate them on your computer. By then, technology will have evolved that even your crappy computer can handle a 360 game.

We hit the point where a cheap-ass Wal-Mart computer can run XBox 360 games a long time ago.

There is an enormous difference between a game being targeted for a platform and that platform emulating something that was made for a different platform.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#20TightNinjaPosted 7/31/2013 8:12:49 AM
The_DOAM posted...
BC would be the definitive answer on which console to buy this gen for many people. I'm still undecided but leaning towards just going straight up PC but if the ONE had BC it would be my console of choice.

In fact due to neither the PS4 or ONE having BC it makes changing systems extremely easy as there is nothing tying you down to one system or the other. So regardless of what you have no their is absolutely no reason to go with either Microsoft or Sony so switching to PC is all the more easier.

^this because PC supports BC
---
GOD PWNS ALL!!!!!!!!
PS One Cloud = awesome Xbox One Cloud