So more Microsoft news and shock....

#41DesperateMonkeyPosted 8/2/2013 6:39:57 AM
It is negative if it steals Sony's thunder.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#4295_EclipsePosted 8/2/2013 8:33:06 AM
ItIsOkBro posted...
Both fanbases are the epitome of horrible, I just might f***ing get a WiiU just to get away from these guys.

Lmao, so you'll move to the fanbase that said the Wii U is better than the Ps4 because it can read data faster from the disc lol.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#43TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 8/2/2013 8:41:42 AM
Bastichlives posted...
Whatever Microsoft decide to do people like those that frequent these boards wont be the deciding factor.
Advertisements to the general public have not started yet for either machine. If the price is dropped most people will be none the wiser, also to be honest, i don't believe that anyone could possibly believe a price drop is a negative action.

I love when people say things like this here. I don't know about you, but a lot of us have real friends outside of this site who we can talk to about what we know, then those people can pass it on to their friends, so on and so forth.

Our communication is not limited to Gamefaqs, maybe yours is but if so then you should speak for yourself.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#44ejay8320Posted 8/2/2013 8:53:05 AM
DesperateMonkey posted...
PraetorXyn posted...
Geist posted...
PraetorXyn posted...
I won't be buying either console, but I find Microsoft's constant flip-flopping hilarious.
Everything they say trying to get themselves out of the hole just seems to make it deeper; this prompts them to say something else, and the cycle continues.

Yea, God forbid they try to build around the fans wants...

That's not what they're doing. They knew there would be some backlash from the policies they had chosen when they revealed the console, but they grossly underestimated how much. Even then, they stuck to their guns for quite a while, trying to spin them in a positive light, etc. They only changed their minds when the pre-order numbers were so low that they had no other choice.

They're "building around the fans' wants" trying desperately to win back the fans they lost before the 180; the reason they're doing this is to sell more consoles. Period. They made it abundantly clear they don't care about the fans, and there's nothing to stop them from flipping again and releasing mandatory updates to reinstate the old policies a year or two down the road when they have a massive userbase that can't afford to back out.

Hey look, another kid who thinks ANY corporation cares about their fans and not just their money! This is hilarious. You think Nintendo or Sony cares anymore than MS? Sony is advertising quite a lot too, they just didn't talk about it. Sony also pushed the price of their previous console up by $200 for nothing gaming related in order to promote their own formats.

MS right now IS building around the fans and what the fans want. Of COURSE that serves their bottom line. Stop being a child

Companies need to "care" for their primary customers to a certain extent... If they don't there are going to be a backlash(Sony's PS3 release, and now the Xbox 1 PR Mess).

Yes they are out to make money, but you know what makes them the most money(in a non monopoly situation)? Happy customers, happy customers will stick with the company and will choose the same companies products over others.

MS pissed of the Xbox's ones core fans, simple as that and no different than what Sony did during the PS3 release. Only difference is what MS was attempting to do would've had drastically changed the console markets landscape to something heavily anti-consumer.