Microsoft fixes their mistakes while Sony stands behind theirs, Microsoft wins!

#11PolishCockatielPosted 7/30/2013 1:39:24 PM
PsychoGates posted...
PolishCockatiel posted...
Kovalchuk_ posted...
Sony hasn't made any mistakes.

What are you talking about, TC?

All that is microsoft is doing is emulating Sony's policies because MS's were so inherently terrible every game developer and their mothers were b****ing about them.

What competitive advantage does Sony have over Microsoft now that they charge for online?

None.

A brand name.

First party studios.

Free PS4 game content with that subscription fee guaranteed from day one.

Has Microsoft made any mention of offering free XB1 games along with the XBL Gold subscription?

Killer instinct is free day 1 and Project Spark will also be free when it is released... so yeah

Yeah I thought Killer Instinct was gonna be free too. Then I realized you can only play as Jago unless you shell out more cash. So its basically just a free demo with no expiration. Before pointing out one can buy new characters individually and only pay for what an individual wants MS hasn't revealed any way to sample the other characters before purchase so what if people end up buying a character they decide they really hate and then regret said purchase?
#12R_JackalPosted 7/30/2013 1:43:50 PM
Ch3wy posted...
Kovalchuk_ posted...
Sony hasn't made any mistakes.

What are you talking about, TC?

All that is microsoft is doing is emulating Sony's policies because MS's were so inherently terrible every game developer and their mothers were b****ing about them.

What competitive advantage does Sony have over Microsoft now that they charge for online?

None.

A brand name.

First party studios.

Free PS4 game content with that subscription fee guaranteed from day one.

Has Microsoft made any mention of offering free XB1 games along with the XBL Gold subscription?

"A brand name" - Microsoft's got one.

"First party studios" - Microsoft's got that too.

"Free PS4 game content with that subscription fee guaranteed from day one." - Microsoft is doing this too. Well, with XB1 games not PS4 games. That would be weird.

PlayStation is undoubtedly more recognized world-wide than XBox was what he was getting at I think. Having been to a few different countries, most not quite on the cutting edge so to speak, PS2 and even PS3 due to being a bit more lenient on regions/languages are a good bit more popular, or known at least. The only place I'd say the XBox is "huge" is here in America. from what I'd seen. Problem is America has the most wishy-washy consumers out there.

First party studios aren't comparable, so yeah. Whoever has the best is up to each individual person.

I think this is about the PS+ subscription bit, but either way, not sure what this third point was supposed to be. Pretty sure they're dead-even on this.
#13turtles1236Posted 7/30/2013 2:06:33 PM
Kovalchuk_ posted...

None.

PS4 can use netflix and other social services without ps+.

Xbone requires live to do pretty much anything online.

Not really happy with the paid online then i remember . . . i also get free monthly games and discounts across 3 systems.

Xbone doesn't get free monthly games from the subscription, the free 360 games only last till the end of the year then it's over.

PS4 gets 5 free downloadable games at launch and any future f2p games won't need ps+ to play online. PS+ members gets even more games adding to about 8 to 10 total without buying a single disc based game.

Xbone needs live to do anything except play single player games and only comes with 1 free downloadable game.

PS4 is $399.

Xbone is $499.

PS+ is $50 with more bonuses.

Live is $60 with the added bonus of seeing tv ads.

How about you list some advantages M$ has over Sony?
---
Blitzball Is A Sports Mini Game In FFX That's Strangely Better Than Actual Retail Sports Games.
PSN: BiG_j_632 / XBL: F*** That After Seeing Xbox One
#14teehee23Posted 7/30/2013 2:22:25 PM
turtles1236 posted...

..........How about you list some advantages M$ has over Sony?

Xbox #1 has HALO.
Xbox #1 has Kinect 2.0.
Xbox #1 has the unlimited power of the Cloud.

Those are game changers.

Xbox360 and PS3 are tied so close in sales but now:

Xbox #1 has bluray
Sony is charging for online

You're welcome.
---
I don't deserve to be so happy. She luvs me.
#15RybalPosted 7/30/2013 2:31:24 PM
You have a comma splice in your title. Normally I wouldn't bring it up, but I find the whole "80/80" thing to be very annoying.

On-topic: Saying that a rumor is true until it is refuted is a foolish argument. The fact that it is a rumor would indicate that the burden of proof is on the one who initially spread it, not the object of the rumor. It is far safer to assume that a rumor is false until at least partial verification is provided. An "unnamed source" or a single journalist who has shown a preference for one console over another would not count as verification if the information is biased according to his demonstrated preferences. Furthermore, confirmation from multiple sources is always preferred. Multiple articles saying the same thing does not count if they all refer to the same source material.
#16Kovalchuk_(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2013 2:33:29 PM
I didn't even mention the power of the cloud, thanks Teehee.
---
3754-7115-0719
#17turtles1236Posted 7/30/2013 2:50:31 PM
teehee23 posted...
turtles1236 posted...

Xbox #1 has HALO. So what playstation has Uncharted, that's not an advantage.
Xbox #1 has Kinect 2.0. Which everyone hates, and how is it an advantage?
Xbox #1 has the unlimited power of the Cloud. See link.

Those are game changers.

Xbox #1 has bluray PS3 had it before Xbox and PS4 still has it.
Sony is charging for online So is Xbone.

You're welcome.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/12/4424022/sony-shuhei-yoshida-says-ps4-cloud-computing-calculations
---
Blitzball Is A Sports Mini Game In FFX That's Strangely Better Than Actual Retail Sports Games.
PSN: BiG_j_632 / XBL: F*** That After Seeing Xbox One
#18takidigits2005Posted 7/30/2013 2:52:15 PM
turtles1236 posted...
teehee23 posted...
turtles1236 posted...

Those are game changers.

You're welcome.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/12/4424022/sony-shuhei-yoshida-says-ps4-cloud-computing-calculations

^This.
---
"I don't hate you for having an opinion. It's just that your opinion is irrelevant to my enjoyment of the game."
#19chiefofsb78Posted 7/30/2013 2:53:36 PM
turtles1236 posted...
teehee23 posted...
turtles1236 posted...

Those are game changers.

You're welcome.

Lol well he tried sorry MS will never make a better console than Sony it just doesn't compute lol
---
killerinstinctonline
#20Thewinner14Posted 7/30/2013 2:54:29 PM
Kovalchuck_ topic
---
3DS FC: 3496-9988-4201
AC:NL dream code: 4000-2184-5956