So that whole Xbox one reintroduction has confirmed to be false.

#11Draconas_LyrrPosted 7/30/2013 6:41:55 PM
Howatizer posted...
Draconas_Lyrr posted...
Remember the last thing Nelson said was not going to happen?

I'm not a proponent for the XBOne, but he also said the DRM wasn't an easy, "Flip the switch," fix, then the next week Microsoft flipped the switch. (Which, in my opinion, makes it worse, because now we know that it is as easy as flipping a switch.)

Just because they announced the DRM and online requirements were being removed, doesn't mean there isn't a huge workload associated with the changes required... just because they announce something doesn't mean it happens near instantly.

Well, I suppose we'll have a bit of an idea when we see the size of the patch.
---
PSN: Draconas_Lyrr
Difference between "a" and "an": "a" comes before consonant sounds, "an" before vowel sounds.
#12scorpio manPosted 7/30/2013 7:10:01 PM
15RC posted...
scorpio man posted...
Does not mean a price drop isn't coming they simply are not going to re introduce it

Would be weird to see a price drop announcement when the pre orders are supposedly sold out.

Wtf does that have to do with anything and Xbox has not been pre ordered out, only at a few select retailers it has but it is nowhere near the ps4 hence price drop possibly incoming to generate more pre orders and sales
---
Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty.
#13Special-EddPosted 7/30/2013 7:14:37 PM
Draconas_Lyrr posted...
Howatizer posted...
Draconas_Lyrr posted...

I'm not a proponent for the XBOne, but he also said the DRM wasn't an easy, "Flip the switch," fix, then the next week Microsoft flipped the switch. (Which, in my opinion, makes it worse, because now we know that it is as easy as flipping a switch.)

Just because they announced the DRM and online requirements were being removed, doesn't mean there isn't a huge workload associated with the changes required... just because they announce something doesn't mean it happens near instantly.

The patch might not even have anything to do with the online requirement reversal. They only said the internet was required for the initial setup and that there was always going to be a day one patch.
---
Playing: Transformers: FOC, Battlefield 3 Anticipating: Batman: Arkham Origins. Titanfall. Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
#14BigBOO2UPosted 7/30/2013 7:15:22 PM
There WILL be a price drop.

After all the early adopters and pre-order types have plunked down their change into Microsoft's deep pockets.

Wouldn't be surprised to see it hit in Spring in of next year, maybe even around E3.
#15Draconas_LyrrPosted 7/30/2013 7:33:45 PM
specialed1583 posted...
Draconas_Lyrr posted...
Howatizer posted...
Draconas_Lyrr posted...

The patch might not even have anything to do with the online requirement reversal. They only said the internet was required for the initial setup and that there was always going to be a day one patch.

True, but that would mean they had not started production of the system by that point, which would mean they'd be in rough shape..
---
PSN: Draconas_Lyrr
Difference between "a" and "an": "a" comes before consonant sounds, "an" before vowel sounds.
#16CapwnDPosted 7/30/2013 7:55:11 PM
Why do people insist that there will be a patch? The online once thing is probably because the developers have been developing games thinking that it was going to be online from day one.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#17Special-EddPosted 7/31/2013 7:06:54 AM
Draconas_Lyrr posted...
specialed1583 posted...
Draconas_Lyrr posted...
Howatizer posted...
Draconas_Lyrr posted...

True, but that would mean they had not started production of the system by that point, which would mean they'd be in rough shape..

I'm not sure if either system has started production quite yet. I am sure they will be able to churn out enough so that at least the preorders will be met.
---
Playing: Transformers: FOC, Battlefield 3 Anticipating: Batman: Arkham Origins. Titanfall. Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
#18yazman666Posted 7/31/2013 7:14:02 AM
Price drop is comming PPl...inevitable, one more huge change from the original annauncement will be made.
---
Death is hereditary.
Never argue with a fool. People might not know the difference.