I thought the Xbone preorders were "through the roof?"

#11avanentPosted 7/30/2013 5:30:54 PM
Juzten76 posted...
I have no idea what the sales numbers are. I do know that a company lowers the price of their product to entice more people to buy it. That doesn't mean existing sales are poor. Selling more of something is always a good thing.

There's your common sense lesson of the day.

Except, when releases are expected to be limited, and consoles are already expected to be quickly sold out, dropping the price would be suspicious.
#12RayconPosted 7/30/2013 5:35:46 PM
avanent posted...
Juzten76 posted...
I have no idea what the sales numbers are. I do know that a company lowers the price of their product to entice more people to buy it. That doesn't mean existing sales are poor. Selling more of something is always a good thing.

There's your common sense lesson of the day.

Except, when releases are expected to be limited, and consoles are already expected to be quickly sold out, dropping the price would be suspicious.

Yeah, if the supply is low enough already, demand would have to be even lower to warrant dropping the price, especially this early.
---
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718
#13scorpio manPosted 7/30/2013 6:12:02 PM
Stupid topic is stupid
---
Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty.
#14Alienware4LifePosted 7/30/2013 9:53:43 PM
The system will be sold out well into next year. The reason is to give the middle finger to Sony. Remember Microsoft way of doing buisness is they don't care if the lose money as long as their competition Loses and fails. No one in their right mind would buy a ps4 over a X1 if they are the same price.
---
Check out my PC,360,ps3, Movie, Old School game vidoes http://www.youtube.com/user/EpicConspiracy?feature=mhee
#15RybalPosted 7/31/2013 6:34:46 AM
catzrul2002 posted...
SilentS89 posted...
15RC posted...
It's like people making up news for MS to take notice and deliver.

if Microsoft won't give the people news, the people will make their own news.

Kinda begs the question though, why aren't MS confirming or denying anything? Staying this quiet is hurting them even more.

Nah - they've had more problems caused by them talking about what's to come before getting their stories straight. It will be better for MS if they can make sure that everyone is on the same page and that their final decisions are made before announcing anything. In the end, a couple of weeks worth of silence will ultimately help them more than it will hurt them.
#16RiseAgainst546(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2013 7:11:40 AM
Alienware4Life posted...
The system will be sold out well into next year. The reason is to give the middle finger to Sony. Remember Microsoft way of doing buisness is they don't care if the lose money as long as their competition Loses and fails. No one in their right mind would buy a ps4 over a X1 if they are the same price.

I'd still get a PS4 over and Xbone even if the Xbone was $300. Tons of people would still pick PS4 over xbone if they were the same price, no idea what you're talking about.
#17CapnStankyPosted 7/31/2013 7:43:36 AM
Lowering the price increases visibility, increases post-launch interest, and encourages early adopters to buy more games and accessories. This isn't a difficult concept to understand. Surprised TC couldnt grasp it.
#18Shaolin015Posted 7/31/2013 8:13:20 AM
The roof wasn't very tall to begin with. I'm not saying that ps4 will sell more, but ps4 probably took preorders past the initial batch. Xbox cut off around 20 per store. Ps4 preorders are at 80 per store even if the store doesn't even get 80