Does anyone really think the Xbox One negativity will hurt sales?

#4182xenoPosted 7/31/2013 1:35:54 PM
Eamon696 posted...
The General Public, aka 99% of the people who buy video game consoles, will have had no idea about the DRM backlash, the Kinect controversy, etc. Gamers, obviously, are aware of them but your average joe that will buy this console won't be.

Really?

It's one of the few things that have actually reached the mainstream media heavily since these consoles announced. The reversal has not even reached the same levels.
---
Shwing
#42SqawksPosted 7/31/2013 1:41:48 PM
I don't think so. Maybe a little at the start, but once the games the masses love get released, all will be forgotten.
---
The official Howard the Duck of the MvC3 board!
#43crucialPosted 7/31/2013 3:26:26 PM
Well it's sold out and probably will sell very well next year as well and once Titanfall and Halo is released everyone will forget about the 180 DRM always online stuff by then,it will come down to games like every gen and MS will kill it again,plus it just looks next gen with voice command,cloud,dedicated servers,smart glass,NFL and cable tv stuff and plenty more we have yet to see.

Every system besides maybe the dreamcast that had a bunch of great exclusives and a great 3rd party has sold very well.

Wii U will be the only console to fail this gen,X1 will sell 100 million units or more in the 10 year cycle and same with PS4 because that will have games as well,I feel not much will change between the 2 this gen and will be neck and neck.
#44RebelGameMasterPosted 7/31/2013 3:51:50 PM
RedFive3 posted...
Eamon696 posted...
The General Public, aka 99% of the people who buy video game consoles, will have had no idea about the DRM backlash, the Kinect controversy, etc. Gamers, obviously, are aware of them but your average joe that will buy this console won't be.

Exactly. Most gamers don't pay attention to the media or even visit video game sites.

Funny... I'm THAT guy and yet the news has even reached my ears and I will not be getting an XBOX one.
---
:)
#45NSGraphitePosted 7/31/2013 3:53:27 PM
Microsoft's negativity is what hurt the Xbox one.

They are trying to fix it, but many think it is too little, too late.
---
I don't always Troll on the internet. But when I do, I make it the Xbox-One forums...
#46JusticeSwordPosted 7/31/2013 3:57:45 PM
Lets cut aside all the technical mumbo jumbo that only nerds like us pay attention to & consider the only 2 facts that matter.

PS4 is cheaper.
PS4 is available worldwide at launch, as opposed to the xbox1 which is available in only 21 countries.

Not only will the majority buy the ps4 because its cheaper, they may well be buying it because the xbox 1 isnt even available where they are.

I wonder who here will try & refute this?
---
PSN:TheDragonzord
>_> Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles HD remix please
#47coltsfan4ever31Posted 7/31/2013 4:43:24 PM
Well,when you outline all the issues like that I don't think sales will suffer one bit.lol
---
---PSN:coltslover31
#48gogogodzillaPosted 7/31/2013 4:57:39 PM
The 'average consumer' doesn't buy new consoles at the release date. That honor falls to gamers, who do pay attention to gaming information.

The 'average consumer', though, will notice which console is selling and which one isn't. They'll also note which console has games to play (developers tend not to make many games for consoles that don't sell... a la: Playstation Vita).

And, initially, that trend (which one is selling and which one isn't) will come from sales to gamers.

Who actually *do* care about the DRM/Kinect/online stuff.
---
My Chicken says, "Cluck!"
#49NeoMonkPosted 7/31/2013 4:59:16 PM
Eamon696 posted...

%99? really? so you think only %01 has been paying attention to the slew of information since E3?
You my friend are in for a rude awakening...
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator