Why are people so mad about the $100 price difference?

#71Webmaster4531Posted 7/30/2013 10:28:16 PM
CapwnD posted...
Webmaster what would a system like that cost in 2005, like the one you listed?

I was bored. I have no idea.
---
Ad Hominem.
#72CapwnDPosted 7/30/2013 10:28:17 PM
nedrith posted...
Personally $100 isn't much to me, but the question then becomes should I pay $100 extra for a system that is less powerful and for a upgraded camera that worked like crap the previous gen. That's just one more reason not to get it over the large number of other reasons not to get it.

and $100 is $100, I didn't save up a large chunk of change by spending money where I didn't need to.

Sure, but Sony isn't showing much for exclusives for the first few years.

I mean, if you're a sony fan and liked the PS3 more then 360 then it's still probably looking at least acceptable, but if you're somebody like me who was more of a 360 fan, the PS4 lineup of exclusives is a slap in the face.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#73nedrithPosted 7/30/2013 10:31:45 PM
CapwnD posted...
nedrith posted...
Personally $100 isn't much to me, but the question then becomes should I pay $100 extra for a system that is less powerful and for a upgraded camera that worked like crap the previous gen. That's just one more reason not to get it over the large number of other reasons not to get it.

and $100 is $100, I didn't save up a large chunk of change by spending money where I didn't need to.

Sure, but Sony isn't showing much for exclusives for the first few years.

I mean, if you're a sony fan and liked the PS3 more then 360 then it's still probably looking at least acceptable, but if you're somebody like me who was more of a 360 fan, the PS4 lineup of exclusives is a slap in the face.

It's always been that way near the beginning, in fact it's the same thing happening with the PS3 and 360 late into the gen. MS has totally abandoned the 360 when it comes to exclusives while this is looking to be the best year for the PS3. Either way it doesn't matter to me, I can't find a good Xbox exclusive that I couldn't play on my PC.

Besides Sony hasn't shown all of their games yet.
#74CapwnDPosted 7/30/2013 10:32:56 PM
eibon posted...
CapwnD posted...

Still missing the rest of the system. You're adding up $300 just for video cards. the processor to run games for 8 years is going to be much more then $200.

I'm assuming any PC gamer already has a capable PC that already smokes the xbox1 right now. so if I may, I'd like to revise my previous estimate down to $200 just for the two $100 GPU's. $200<$500.

But you're still talking about upgrades and ignoring the money already speant. I mean I get it, but lets pretend that it's 2 years from now. Now you're buying another video card, and if you look back again at what you spent vs what somebody buying a console spent, console is still much cheaper.

Things like Steam sales are a great argument for PC gamers vs console gamers, and the fact that games will run great constantly if you keep up with hardware, but that all takes money.

Personally, I love it. Not because avanent's dumb "oh Americans just spend not think durrr" but because I like nice things. I love the PC gaming, but I also appreciate consoles.
---
#75chronosxgpPosted 7/30/2013 10:36:59 PM
It sucks AND costs $100 more.
---
PSN: freestyle-xgp / Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0047-1250 -7224
#76CapwnDPosted 7/30/2013 10:37:09 PM
nedrith posted...
It's always been that way near the beginning, in fact it's the same thing happening with the PS3 and 360 late into the gen. MS has totally abandoned the 360 when it comes to exclusives while this is looking to be the best year for the PS3. Either way it doesn't matter to me, I can't find a good Xbox exclusive that I couldn't play on my PC.

Besides Sony hasn't shown all of their games yet.

Sony shows games years ahead of time. They always have. They showed all they could already, with maybe a few surprises coming.

MS didn't have quite the consistancy in the later years, but at the same time, if you look at year to year, MS still was pumping them out except for maybe the last year, which was year 8 of Xbox 360 compared to only year 7 of PS3. Again, I blame Kinect.

And it's true many of the good exclusives did go to PC. But hell, I already played them by the time they made it to PC. State of Decay is the only game that I have the patience to wait for.
---
#77EOnizuka22Posted 7/30/2013 10:42:06 PM
Dev445 posted...
I'll say this to any gamer though, if a $100 make it or break it for you then you are in the wrong hobby.

This is just silly. I don't want to shell out an extra $100 for an accessory that I have no interest in and is not required to play the games I want to play. It has nothing to do with being in a wrong hobby.
#78CapwnDPosted 7/30/2013 10:47:20 PM
EOnizuka22 posted...
Dev445 posted...
I'll say this to any gamer though, if a $100 make it or break it for you then you are in the wrong hobby.

This is just silly. I don't want to shell out an extra $100 for an accessory that I have no interest in and is not required to play the games I want to play. It has nothing to do with being in a wrong hobby.

Well as this topic has shown, gamers range from scrounging for money to buy a game, to buying something like gamer glasses because it makes the screen look more sweet when running that pc game at 80+ FPS

Personally, I can see both sides. I don't blame somebody for picking the PS4 for the $100 savings. But holy crap don't come to this board being a complete pile of crap about it! (not implying anybody in this topic)
---
#79eibonPosted 7/30/2013 10:50:28 PM
CapwnD posted...
eibon posted...
CapwnD posted...

Still missing the rest of the system. You're adding up $300 just for video cards. the processor to run games for 8 years is going to be much more then $200.

I'm assuming any PC gamer already has a capable PC that already smokes the xbox1 right now. so if I may, I'd like to revise my previous estimate down to $200 just for the two $100 GPU's. $200<$500.

But you're still talking about upgrades and ignoring the money already speant. I mean I get it, but lets pretend that it's 2 years from now. Now you're buying another video card, and if you look back again at what you spent vs what somebody buying a console spent, console is still much cheaper.

Things like Steam sales are a great argument for PC gamers vs console gamers, and the fact that games will run great constantly if you keep up with hardware, but that all takes money.

Personally, I love it. Not because avanent's dumb "oh Americans just spend not think durrr" but because I like nice things. I love the PC gaming, but I also appreciate consoles.

again, they already have a PC which crushes xbox1. if you want to talk about total lifetime cost you'd have to include the TV cost, which factoring in the cable bill and electricity cost over 8 years it's like $200:$2000 PC:xbox1 that you're spending.
#80CapwnDPosted 7/30/2013 10:57:23 PM
eibon posted...
CapwnD posted...

again, they already have a PC which crushes xbox1. if you want to talk about total lifetime cost you'd have to include the TV cost, which factoring in the cable bill and electricity cost over 8 years it's like $200:$2000 PC:xbox1 that you're spending.

They already have a PC that costs how much? You still need the TV (monitor) and cable and electricity for the computer.

I understand what you're saying... if you came into it at one particular time, the costs may look cheaper. But when you step back and look at a much larger picture, PC gaming costs more, every single day,. Seriously, if you're going to argue this, the game costs is what you should be arguing.

I hate to bring age into this, but when you've been gaming since forever, and you've bought PCs for much of that time too and attempted to game on them, the cost of PC gaming is blatantly higher.
---