The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

FFXIV to Xbox

#1KtrazePosted 7/31/2013 12:20:55 AM
I'm not flaming or anything quite the opposite in fact. I want to bring the whole community together through their hatred of each other lol

I know there are a lot of xbox players who are also final fantasy fans and I do understand that FFXV is coming out to the xbox but wouldn't it also be cool for FF14 to come to X1?

According to xbox live the company doesn't allow cross platform play:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/09/why-final-fantasy-xiv-isnt-coming-to-xbox-360-or-xbox-one

But we all know now that nothing is written in stone, policy changes and I think this is another change that would be good for the entire gaming community.

Think about all of the gaming possibilities with FF14 specially with the whole PlayStation and Xbox dynamic it could bring to gameplay. People can literally take the whole console war in game with some ps vs xbox pvp. A guy can dream I guess
#2Yomonachi4Posted 7/31/2013 12:25:42 AM
Old but I'm sure it's new to that one guy.
#3Ktraze(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2013 12:34:25 AM
Yomonachi4 posted...
Old but I'm sure it's new to that one guy.

Old sure, but so was Microsofts DRM policy before the reversal. I'm just saying that it would be beneficial to all gamers if it does go the way I want it to.
#4FoppePosted 7/31/2013 12:55:56 AM
They should not count their MMO's are main Final Fantasy titles.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#5gamefaqwatcherPosted 7/31/2013 4:09:00 AM
Yeah i'm imaging it TC.

LFG 2 DPS, NO FANBOYS
Raiding X Instance starts tonight 19:00. Pst if interested, No [opposing console here] users allowed.

Then pc would go:

LF5M X Instance, No console owners.

Probably because voip.
---
You're the hero Gamefaqs deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
#6babamigPosted 7/31/2013 4:36:40 AM
gamefaqwatcher posted...
Yeah i'm imaging it TC.

LFG 2 DPS, NO FANBOYS
Raiding X Instance starts tonight 19:00. Pst if interested, No [opposing console here] users allowed.

Then pc would go:

Probably because voip.

did you ever play ff14 arr beta? believe me, there is no real diff in skill with keyboard and mouse then controller.
#7gamefaqwatcherPosted 7/31/2013 4:49:35 AM
You catch my last line? :)

Some people can be a pain if you don't have voip (no mic support for ps3 version). Guilds with high standards (certain requirements) may not give you the chance. It's understandable if they're going for early progression for high-end. There's always those decent guilds willing to give chances. Then there's those... well casual guilds who accept anyone which will take a lot of time to complete content. They can be fun at times if you're in the social mood.

But yeah, just a thought. I can imagine that chat log to be hard to read with many players in a raid. Not always do encounters go according to plan when you have human error (which is what raises difficulty and creates a challenge!) which is why it's easy to say "playername you take next soak instead" (because that other player died).
---
You're the hero Gamefaqs deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
#8babamigPosted 7/31/2013 5:13:31 AM
gamefaqwatcher posted...
You catch my last line? :)

Some people can be a pain if you don't have voip (no mic support for ps3 version). Guilds with high standards (certain requirements) may not give you the chance. It's understandable if they're going for early progression for high-end. There's always those decent guilds willing to give chances. Then there's those... well casual guilds who accept anyone which will take a lot of time to complete content. They can be fun at times if you're in the social mood.

But yeah, just a thought. I can imagine that chat log to be hard to read with many players in a raid. Not always do encounters go according to plan when you have human error (which is what raises difficulty and creates a challenge!) which is why it's easy to say "playername you take next soak instead" (because that other player died).

you are right on the voip :)
#9Ktraze(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2013 5:13:55 AM
gamefaqwatcher posted...
Yeah i'm imaging it TC.

LFG 2 DPS, NO FANBOYS

Then pc would go:

Probably because voip.

Why does it have to be always about fanboys. I'm sure some are going to be like that but I think they'll be the minority and would be quickly blacklisted.

To me, it doesn't matter which system, pc, ps or xbox has the better graphics or performance it should always be the experience 1st. That's why I think it's disappointing that MS won'tallow cross platforming specially with all the potential it could create

And in regards to voice chat, ps4 has part chat, not sure about x1 but there are always work around to those problems
#10ILikesCheesePosted 7/31/2013 5:29:13 AM
Ktraze posted...
I know there are a lot of xbox players who are also final fantasy fans and I do understand that FFXV is coming out to the xbox but wouldn't it also be cool for FF14 to come to X1?

http://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-xiv-isnt-coming-to-xbox-because-of-a-sil-723669207

Final Fantasy 14 NOT coming to Xbox One or Xbox 360

Have I missed an announcement recanting this somewhere?
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?