So the Xbox is better?

#61FatCatAttackPosted 7/31/2013 9:51:36 AM
Cloud is a load of bullhonkey. This isn't like last generation where architecture was more "console" oriented where developers had to tease out the secret sauce from the cell. They are both AMD computers in a box. The PS4 simply has better parts in it.
---
ilcal: Everything makes baby jesus cry. That's why i hate babies.
CS Turgid_Walrus
#62WM_PMCPosted 7/31/2013 9:54:45 AM
Juzten76 posted...
WM_PMC posted...

1. PS4 is undeniably more powerful and capable than the X1.

Speculation. How can you say that about two consoles that haven't even been released? If you think having a little more ram makes a console "undeniably more powerful and capable", you are fooling yourself. What matters is what each console does with the power that they have. We have no idea the architecture of the chipsets and how they work. Not to mention how the software written for it uses the hardware. We also need to factor in the cloud and it's potential which we have yet to see being taken full advantage of.

So, no the PS4 is not undeniably more powerful and capable than the X1. Until we're a year or two into the lives of these consoles can we say anything with undeniable truth.

Except we do know the architectures. The PS4 has a 50% more powerful GPU, probably more available RAM, and RAM that is superior for graphical purposes. Combine that with the fact that multiple devs have already said the PS4 is stupidly easy to develop for. Devs are saying it's more difficult to develop for the X1 than the PS4. So in the end, the PS4 is easier to develop for and has hardware that is better for producing better graphics.

Also, you can't be serious about the cloud. The cloud will never be able to be used for anything like graphical improvements until internet speeds and latency are MASSIVELY improved. Trying to do any graphical improvements on anything short of Google Fiber would fail miserably. The internet infrastructure just doesn't exist for the cloud to have any kind of significant impact on games.
---
PSN: WingNut125
KiP Info: www.kipclan.info; KiP forum: www.kipclan.com
#63Juzten76Posted 7/31/2013 9:57:05 AM
FatCatAttack posted...
Cloud is a load of bullhonkey. This isn't like last generation where architecture was more "console" oriented where developers had to tease out the secret sauce from the cell. They are both AMD computers in a box. The PS4 simply has better parts in it.

The architecture may be simple in the PS4 but the X1 is filled with magic processors that harness the power of the cloud to melt your eyes with god's polygons.
#64SAMCROftwPosted 7/31/2013 9:58:38 AM
Yup. It trumps the PS4 like the Virtual Boy trumped the N64.
---
Xbox fan since 2003. Tired of Microsoft's bull. LOLXbone.
Mass Effect TaliShep.... still a better love story than Twilight.
#65MrSpaM111Posted 7/31/2013 11:11:03 AM(edited)
Kosmo240985 posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...
Mandatory Kinect only valid point, and i dont mean mandatory to buy, i understand why it's mandatory, but the only valid point you have is the mandatory connection of kinect

$100 more expensive yes, but it also includes the kinect, so the 100 increase is expected, its not like your buying the exact same thing as a ps4, your buying essentially a ps4 with kinect

Lesser hardware - All comes down to architecture, ps3 was supposed to be better and look how that turned out.

A company that seems to have lost touch with gamers they tried to innovate a few gaming features and integrate gaming into other facilities of life, just because the vocal hardcore basemeent dwellers voiced their frustration that that xbox didnt do what sony did and make a ps3version 2 doesn't mean they lost touch with gamers they back pedaled to to fix as much as they can that "gamers hate and at least they are trying

Old headsets wont work without an adapter this is just common sense, ps4 has the same issue. New hardware won't be compatible with old hardware this is a moot point

Achievments for watching tv this is not a downside, it's just a bonus doesn't affect you in the slightest

Attempts to implement system wide DRM again, they attempted something, didn't work out, they changed it by listening to gamer feedback

Attempts to misguide people on what the cloud is capable of this is opinion based, thye showed at e3 what it was capable of, they never promised the imposible, also everything at the reveal is plausable. people just focus on what can't be done...and spread it on the internet like wild fire.

Attempts to shaft indie developers except they made it easy for indie developers to self publish now...just like ps4...your info seems outdatted
etc, etc

\thread

I'm not buying an xbox one becasue of kinect but i would like to point out.

Yet another person arguing facts with personal opionion

Id love to know where youve got this idea from that you'll have to buy new peripherals for the PS4 as well. Sony have already confimed all headsets, fightsticks etc will work on PS4, the only thing that wont are the old dualshocks. Your info seems pretty outdated
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#66NinjaPirateDoodPosted 7/31/2013 11:49:59 AM
Boneheads will be boneheads, no matter how many facts you throw at 'em.
---
The wolves value not the opinions of the sheep.
#67WM_PMCPosted 7/31/2013 11:51:07 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...

Id love to know where youve got this idea from that you'll have to buy new peripherals for the PS4 as well. Sony have already confimed all headsets, fightsticks etc will work on PS4, the only thing that wont are the old dualshocks. Your info seems pretty outdated

Let's also not forget the fact that even though MS has made self publishing easier for indie devs, those same devs are also saying that MS hasn't really done that much and they still have a ways to go to match Sony's policies.
---
#68Kosmo240985Posted 7/31/2013 12:43:37 PM
MrSpaM111 posted...
Kosmo240985 posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...
Mandatory Kinect only valid point, and i dont mean mandatory to buy, i understand why it's mandatory, but the only valid point you have is the mandatory connection of kinect

$100 more expensive yes, but it also includes the kinect, so the 100 increase is expected, its not like your buying the exact same thing as a ps4, your buying essentially a ps4 with kinect

Lesser hardware - All comes down to architecture, ps3 was supposed to be better and look how that turned out.

A company that seems to have lost touch with gamers they tried to innovate a few gaming features and integrate gaming into other facilities of life, just because the vocal hardcore basemeent dwellers voiced their frustration that that xbox didnt do what sony did and make a ps3version 2 doesn't mean they lost touch with gamers they back pedaled to to fix as much as they can that "gamers hate and at least they are trying

Old headsets wont work without an adapter this is just common sense, ps4 has the same issue. New hardware won't be compatible with old hardware this is a moot point

Achievments for watching tv this is not a downside, it's just a bonus doesn't affect you in the slightest

Attempts to implement system wide DRM again, they attempted something, didn't work out, they changed it by listening to gamer feedback

Attempts to misguide people on what the cloud is capable of this is opinion based, thye showed at e3 what it was capable of, they never promised the imposible, also everything at the reveal is plausable. people just focus on what can't be done...and spread it on the internet like wild fire.

Attempts to shaft indie developers except they made it easy for indie developers to self publish now...just like ps4...your info seems outdatted
etc, etc

\thread

I'm not buying an xbox one becasue of kinect but i would like to point out.

sorry i meant to say third party ones. third party headsets will not work, like turtle beaches and such. but yes you are correct all ps3 headsets from sony will work.

in the end it's still a moot point because i can care less about a cheap plastic microsoft or sony headset, what i care about is my 300 dollar turtle beaches.
---
GT: Kozzie85
#69WM_PMCPosted 7/31/2013 1:39:11 PM
Your TBs will still work with the PS4.
---