"the cloud" is becoming the new "blast processing," isn't it?

#31Big_Isaac(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2013 11:11:41 AM
isn't it cute that people automatically assume that everyone who criticizes MS and the xbone is doing so only out of brand loyalty for Sony?
"your criticism is invalid because you're buying a PS4!!!" the hell?
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#32Joey-ZazaPosted 7/31/2013 11:13:09 AM
Raycon posted...
Joey-Zaza posted...
Do what I did. Move to where there are JOBS and POTENTIAL. There's also better internet there too.

You know? Not Arizona?

A luxury not everyone can afford. Especially just to play a video game. Priorities.

So you're saying that a well paying job is not a priority?
---
"I guess you could say I BLUE... myself!" - Tobias Funke
#33djrudenPosted 7/31/2013 11:14:52 AM
MS has overhyped it to the point that the MS koolaid drinkers think it will be this amazing thing. In actuality, we have the cloud now and all it really does is let us keep a copy of our save files offsite. Big whoop.
#34NeoMonkPosted 7/31/2013 11:15:57 AM
The "cloud" was always just a buzzword nothing more... Like Cenny said alot of things are already done on the cloud... matchmaking for MP, is a huge one... could they improve upon that? absolutely but graphics?... nah
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#35Juzten76Posted 7/31/2013 11:17:39 AM
djruden posted...
MS has overhyped it to the point that the MS koolaid drinkers think it will be this amazing thing. In actuality, we have the cloud now and all it really does is let us keep a copy of our save files offsite. Big whoop.

If this was all Microsoft was using it for then I doubt they'd be hyping it. Common sense kids, common sense.
#36RayconPosted 7/31/2013 11:22:44 AM
Joey-Zaza posted...
Raycon posted...
Joey-Zaza posted...
Do what I did. Move to where there are JOBS and POTENTIAL. There's also better internet there too.

You know? Not Arizona?

A luxury not everyone can afford. Especially just to play a video game. Priorities.

So you're saying that a well paying job is not a priority?

Are you saying a well-paying job isn't available in places where Internet connections aren't high-quality? Or that all big cities by default must have great internet speeds?

I live in Minneapolis, and the Internet around here at least is not up to par. It's not universal, and that's exactly what's going to hold this "potential" back. They can't very well release a game designed to work fully with only a portion of their market (those with the high-end Internet speeds) and leave out everyone else. That's what's holding it back more than anything. When a faster and more available infrastructure is in place, it will be feasible, but as of now it's not.
---
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718
#37Juzten76Posted 7/31/2013 11:25:14 AM
Big_Isaac posted...
isn't it cute that people automatically assume that everyone who criticizes MS and the xbone is doing so only out of brand loyalty for Sony?
"your criticism is invalid because you're buying a PS4!!!" the hell?

This guy must be buying a PS4. Ignore him.
#38SinisterSlayPosted 7/31/2013 11:27:57 AM
SinisterSlay posted...

Until we learn how to send data faster than the speed of light, it's impractical to have cloud computing for graphics.
You would have to have a server on every city block with a huge pipe to get the 1-10ms required to make the graphics calculable within a reasonable latency.

Remember it's not the size of your pipe that matters, its how far it has to travel.

This guy is correct, listen to him.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#39catzrul2002Posted 7/31/2013 11:56:03 AM
CasualGamers posted...
catzrul2002 posted...
Pretty much.

Especially since no-one here has had any experience with it, yet we still can't win any arguments with the the persistent Xboners.

Lol. Speak for yourself.

I have worked on cloud servers before. It is a cost effective solution in the enterprise world, but it may become an issue with home consoles since people's internet sucks.

I meant experience the Xbox Live Cloud, no-one on this board has first hand experience with it and tout it as the next greatest thing since sliced bread.

Yes, the internet does suck for most people, so if the 'cloud' can do what MS claims it can, I'm guessing 5-10% of world wide gamers can utilise it.

BUT, if the rumoured idea the you only need a 1.5Mb speed to utilise it, then it's already bottlenecked itself to do a limited amount of stuff.
---
Until MS remove all the other negatives on the Xbox One, I'm still not getting it.
Looks like PC, Wii U and PS4 this generation.
#40SinisterSlayPosted 7/31/2013 11:57:28 AM
catzrul2002 posted...
CasualGamers posted...
catzrul2002 posted...
Pretty much.

Especially since no-one here has had any experience with it, yet we still can't win any arguments with the the persistent Xboners.

Lol. Speak for yourself.

I have worked on cloud servers before. It is a cost effective solution in the enterprise world, but it may become an issue with home consoles since people's internet sucks.

I meant experience the Xbox Live Cloud, no-one on this board has first hand experience with it and tout it as the next greatest thing since sliced bread.

Yes, the internet does suck for most people, so if the 'cloud' can do what MS claims it can, I'm guessing 5-10% of world wide gamers can utilise it.

BUT, if the rumoured idea the you only need a 1.5Mb speed to utilise it, then it's already bottlenecked itself to do a limited amount of stuff.

most living in redmond could use it.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence