"the cloud" is becoming the new "blast processing," isn't it?

#51GondolinRisesPosted 8/3/2013 3:21:28 PM
Man tbc is truly trolling up a storm. You know the situation is bad when you have to lie this much.
---
Can't keep a good man down. More Fe + C than you.
#52Laylow12Posted 8/3/2013 3:36:22 PM
It's not about the size of the cloud but the motion of the ocean...or something like that.

Also, this

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-in-theory-can-xbox-one-cloud-transform-gaming

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#53gogogodzillaPosted 8/3/2013 10:30:45 PM
chickenlard posted...
Big_Isaac posted...
Joey-Zaza posted...
Speculation at its finest. Go ahead and argue all you want it's a one-sided argument.

let's look at some facts, shall we?

promise of the cloud: nearly unlimited processing power by doing the actual processing in the cloud, eliminating the hardware limitations of the console itself

reality: bandwidth caps are prevalent and ubiquitous access to high-speed internet is a myth that's several years, if not a whole decade, away from being reality.

conclusion: the cloud doesn't do jack s**** until the internet infrastructure around the world is improved massively

I have 50 down 11 up internet with no bandwidth caps, soo yeah. This invalidates your claims.

Oh teh NOES! Construction crew accidentally severed the fiber leading to your home while replacing a burst water pipe.

You haz no XBone anymore. You haz paperweight.
---
My Chicken says, "Cluck!"
#54VioletZer0Posted 8/3/2013 10:31:50 PM
Maybe, except we already know it means absolutely nothing.
#55gogogodzillaPosted 8/3/2013 10:34:04 PM
SinisterSlay posted...
It's more about distance than speed anyways.
Doesn't the UK internet have to hit a satellite to get to the USA backbone?
That's 300ms right there.

Satellite is 500ms. Undersea cable is 300ms.
---
My Chicken says, "Cluck!"
#56Ryan-06Posted 8/5/2013 4:44:49 AM
BLASTO from mass effect.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth. Trying to move to Canada. US sucks =)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvtJ_XC2bz8